Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I miss the WCHA, but it ain't coming back. It would be wise for TG to schedule as many old WCHA teams as possible for N/C opponents. I still proudly wear my WCHA Wisconsin jersey and refuse to buy a Big7 jersey.
    I won't buy one either. I love my 1990's home and away. I will say this, I am kinda obsessed with my women's away jersey, love all the red and the giant white flying W on it.

I am super excited to go to the game Saturday. I'll probably be watching players more than the game itself.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I won't buy one either. I love my 1990's home and away. I will say this, I am kinda obsessed with my women's away jersey, love all the red and the giant white flying W on it.

I am super excited to go to the game Saturday. I'll probably be watching players more than the game itself.
      I am going to go and scalp or walk up and get tickets. I want to see how good these incoming boys are!
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Yeah, this should be a pretty good game to watch.

On a side note, anyone need an IT guy? Someone in Atlanta needs a job.
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          I can't quote your entire post as it is huge, but where are all these "fans" you crow about? They aren't coming to watch "Big 7" Hockey as the Kohl Center is empty....... So p!ss off your best fan base (you call superfans), and don't replace them as your "fans that recognize OSU and Mich" don't come. Combine that with a poor team and magically you have an empty KC. That's a great marketing plan!
          Amen brother!
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Over/under on how many goals Caufield/Turcotte/Lindmark put up on Wisconsin?

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              BTHC sucks ***. I STILL don't get fired up about watching us against the old CCHA teams. I honestly think the BTHC hurt MN and WI, and helped the CCHA schools.

I was fired up against Denver and NoDak this year and they're non-conference. I would not hesitate to go to the U.P., MSP, Duluth, Greater Grand, etc, but I have NO desire to go on a roadie to the east.

If all the "old" WCHA schools got together and somehow started it up again (it will never happen) it would be awesome.

Bonin = Truth
              Agreed 100%!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Over/under on how many goals Caufield/Turcotte/Lindmark put up on Wisconsin?
                The think the current guys are going to play well and win the game. I'll go with 2 on the over/under.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  That is a huge bummer. Is the job market hot in Atlanta like it is in WI? I'm sure a smart talented guy such as yourself will come out better in the end. Best wishes.

Comment

Hopefully, you can find productive employment quickly. IT guys are usually needed everywhere.....
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

That is a huge bummer. Is the job market hot in Atlanta like it is in WI? I'm sure a smart talented guy such as yourself will come out better in the end. Best wishes.
                      Hopefully, you can find productive employment quickly. IT guys are usually needed everywhere.....
                      Thanks guys. The market looks OK, just a matter of trying to find the right thing. Wasn't planning on being in this position right now, but such is life.

Comment

Thanks guys. The market looks OK, just a matter of trying to find the right thing. Wasn't planning on being in this position right now, but such is life.
                        Could probably use you in Wisconsin!

Comment

Could probably use you in Wisconsin!
                          The Mrs. has already suggested looking back there. Gotta get the resume back together and then start looking again. It might be possible.

Comment

Good luck on the job search ghwinhi!

Re: B10 hockey. NCAA hockey is it’s own beast. In 2005-6 not one **** Wisconsin hockey fan was clamoring to play tOSU, MSU, Michigan or Notre Dame. How many years did UW lead national attendance with nodak in 2nd and neither fan base gave a rip about b10 hockey.

The B10 has ruined college hockey because they destroyed tradition. The tradition was based on hockey schools. Not football schools who happen to have hockey teams no-one cares about.

Wisconsin has to build a fan base off the backs of kids who don’t know WCHA hockey. If that’s even possible to build. Most casual fans I imagine would say why watch Ohio state hockey when i’m Interested in football and basketball?

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Re: B10 hockey. NCAA hockey is it’s own beast. In 2005-6 not one **** Wisconsin hockey fan was clamoring to play tOSU, MSU, Michigan or Notre Dame. How many years did UW lead national attendance with nodak in 2nd and neither fan base gave a rip about b10 hockey.

The B10 has ruined college hockey because they destroyed tradition. The tradition was based on hockey schools. Not football schools who happen to have hockey teams no-one cares about.

Wisconsin has to build a fan base off the backs of kids who don’t know WCHA hockey. If that’s even possible to build. Most casual fans I imagine would say why watch Ohio state hockey when i’m Interested in football and basketball?
                              That is one great post. Some people just don't ****ing get it.

BTW TJK, it was great meeting and sitting with you last Friday!
                              Last edited by MadCityRich; 01-10-2019, 11:13 PM.
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

If the Badgers win then the fans will come back. I think it's that simple and all this stuff about the sky has fallen bc of the start of the BIG 10 conference is overblown. There are plenty of local youth hockey families that will pay to come watch the Badgers play OSU, Michigan, Minny... in my opinion.

The problem is the Badgers becoming a terrible program coincided with the start of the Big 10, so no one knows for sure that the Big 10 didn't cause some lose of the fan base. But we do know for sure that the Badgers being a boring team to watch contributed to the loss of fans. So if the Badgers get good some time this century then we will find out the answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X