Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Man, I miss all of the great USCHO get-togethers....
    https://www.orbitz.com/lp/flights/17...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Love you all!

Happy new year!

If anyone wants to watch a game somewhere on the weekend of February 1st-2nd hopefully it'll be on TV somewhere...
      Last edited by gwhinwi; 12-31-2018, 10:14 PM.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        going to the hockey backers luncheon solo this Friday! Anyone else going?
        The wife and I plan on being there (if forecasted freezing rains in Dallas on Thursday don't mess with our flight plans). Do they give a prize for the fan that travelled the furthest to get there? We live in the Houston area. We'll be on our annual pilgrimage to take in a Badger hockey weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwilli View Post
          The wife and I plan on being there (if forecasted freezing rains in Dallas on Thursday don't mess with our flight plans). Do they give a prize for the fan that travelled the furthest to get there? We live in the Houston area. We'll be on our annual pilgrimage to take in a Badger hockey weekend.
          I don't recall, but go up to Coach Tony or Brian Posick and they will be impressed! Everybody there who is connected to the team is VERY approachable.

If I don't hear an acknowledgement, SOMEBODY 😉 will bring it to their attention!

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Apropos to Wisconsin but not hockey, I heard the reason Hornibrook didn’t play vs Miami is discipline. He likes to party and evidently got his asskicked at a bar recently. Chryst benched him for disciplinary reasons
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Schuey just got replaced as Jet's HC. Very shocking considering they were something like 18-10. Looks like a new GM brought in his own coach. Too bad, hate to see the carpet get pulled out seemingly without any notice like that.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Schuey just got replaced as Jet's HC. Very shocking considering they were something like 18-10. Looks like a new GM brought in his own coach. Too bad, hate to see the carpet get pulled out seemingly without any notice like that.
                Shuchuk probably said something about "the idiot fans".

RE: Hornibrook...no way, Tim. He's a good boy. He has "concussion like symptoms" 😉 🤔

Good WJC game with my Czech brothers. Canada got punked by the Finns 🇫🇮, so NO Team Canada this year. #Karma
                Last edited by MadCityRich; 01-02-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

UW giving a price break for the 3rd tier tickets plus concession credit...nice touch but I feel a little screwed because I paid full price a month ago. I guess at least I got the seats I wanted.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    UW giving a price break for the 3rd tier tickets plus concession credit...nice touch but I feel a little screwed because I paid full price a month ago. I guess at least I got the seats I wanted.
                    This was a common refrain when I talked ticket prices and attendance with some insiders a few years ago.

It went something like this:
                    If we start having specials and discounts for things, we risk alienating the people who purchased in advance or purchased season tickets to no discounts or special give-aways.

They are very aware of the problem and want to find a solution that gets people in the seats without ****ing off the people already in the seats.

Yes, you can make the counter-argument of:
                    People who already have tickets are the die-hard fans, they are going care if someone got a slightly better deal they just want more people there to create more energy

But they do get complaints from people when they buy tickets and someone else gets a better price or a better perk.

Comment

Same thing at the U. Single game prices are ridiculous because we STH pay so much and if you undercut our average price our course we'll just do that instead. Being a STH isn't what it used to be. There isn't a waiting list so if you drop you'll be able to get back in whenever. No one shows up to the games. Big Ten opponents are just not that exciting.

Honestly the U is ****ed and if they don't lower ST prices materially this off-season Mariucci is going to be even uglier next year.

Comment

Badgers looked good the first 2 periods. Denver scored a couple goals and now the Badgers have quit. D-zone mistakes. Guys not picking up the open guy in the D-zone. Disappointing.

Comment

Kick in the nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            Kick in the nuts.
                            Yep.

And honestly the radio guys talked about Denver’s talent a lot. It’s exasperating to be outgunned...again.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Some nice stretches thru the first two periods. Came out completely flat in the third and didn't really compete until about 7 minutes left. Really disappointing. Can't let down. Denver didn't with a younger team than the Badgers. I sure hope Zirbel plays tonight. I want that energy on the ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I see Emberson/Peltonen were -3 Friday night. Anyone see the game and able to comment on Peltonen's play?

I'm DVR'ing tonight's game and will start watching soon on a bit of delay so I can zip through intermissions....

Comment

Working...
                                X