Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Also, take a look at Sauer’s last 5-7 years then Eaves’ first 4.

Did it look like someone had a plan and it worked to a T?what’s the plan from this current staff?
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

1-5-1 in 2019 so far. Another year another missed NCAA. No improvement as the season moves along. Something has to change.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

I saw a glimmer if hope last Saturday. But, it WAS Minnesota who is not good either. I was in fake euphoria!

What a horrible, embarrassing, disturbing, program this has become. The building at 30% capacity (Don't let ticket SALES fool you), Crease Creatures shrinking, 1/3 the size of the band that used to show up, NO goalie coach OR elite goalies and on and on and on. I was not this ****ed off at any time during the Eaves era.

I agree with solo's grade except I use a 1 to 5 scale, this staff deserves a Blutarski, "Zero, point, zero."
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Well they are 1-1. You're going to lose and lose huge.
          I'm still alive! But the season is pretty much dead. MSU's pk is just about as bad as UW's yet no pp goals, and from what Posick said the pp pretty much sucked.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            I saw a glimmer if hope last Saturday. But, it WAS Minnesota who is not good either. I was in fake euphoria!

What a horrible, embarrassing, disturbing, program this has become. The building at 30% capacity (Don't let ticket SALES fool you), Crease Creatures shrinking, 1/3 the size of the band that used to show up, NO goalie coach OR elite goalies and on and on and on. I was not this ****ed off at any time during the Eaves era.

I agree with solo's grade except I use a 1 to 5 scale, this staff deserves a Blutarski, "Zero, point, zero."
            That’s just it, I was also never this...despondent or ****ed in the Eaves era. I was upset and called for his firing once he changed recruiting tactics after 06-07 and beyond and the results showed on ice but Eaves wasn’t labeled “the dream team” and Osiecki was on his game and clearly he’s not now. Not with coaching defense anyway.

I think Wisconsinneeds a clean slate. Hire Steve Rohlik or go outside the Badger tree and hire a fresh face with fresh ideas.
            You can’t tell me alumni aren’t ****ed 😡 about the state of this program. No-one should count on band-aid 1 and dones to save them.

When UW lost to BC 4-1 with Heater and rhino it was because they were a 1 line team. Next year, will they get the same? Dominant 1st line plus the rest from this year? I mean...

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• This team won't finish up much better than Eaves' final year, and just might finish worse. 30th in the Pairwise, 27th KRATCH.

For chrissakes boys, Arizona State is 10/10. ****ing ASU!

At this point, I am VERY concerned about decomittments and landing future blue chippahs. It's getting real ugly, boys.
              Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-01-2019, 09:47 PM.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                I was in fake euphoria!
                MN swept ND on the road. I feel your pain. What has happened to the annual power hockey teams?!
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  MN swept ND on the road. I feel your pain. What has happened to the annual power hockey teams?!
                  We grizzled veterans (of the old hockey wars), have been asking each other that for years. Like I've stated in the past, this world isn't right when WI & MN aren't in the top 5 and physically and verbally beating the **** out of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    We grizzled veterans (of the old hockey wars), have been asking each other that for years. Like I've stated in the past, this world isn't right when WI & MN aren't in the top 5 and physically and verbally beating the **** out of each other.
                    I feel like the Elders in some fantasy story, on top of a mountain, and muttering, "the youth has risen..."
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      When UW lost to BC 4-1 with Heater and rhino it was because they were a 1 line team. Next year, will they get the same? Dominant 1st line plus the rest from this year? I mean...
                      I don't think they will be a one line team, but I think it was you who said all the talent will do is mask the issues. At first I thought this thought was a little outthere, but in light of how bad the special teams and faceoffs are, to me that is coaching. I don't understand how all that coaching experience in the NHL isn't translating to college. Interestingly, his best year was the year we wasn't around a lot when he was finishing his degree. What does that tell us?

Comment

• Granato quote from Todd M, "We didn't play well. Just didn't get the jump. Got eaten up by that line that we knew would be ready to play and we didn't handle them very well."

Is this a new quote or is it copied and pasted from 75% of the games this year? 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          I don't think they will be a one line team, but I think it was you who said all the talent will do is mask the issues. At first I thought this thought was a little outthere, but in light of how bad the special teams and faceoffs are, to me that is coaching. I don't understand how all that coaching experience in the NHL isn't translating to college. Interestingly, his best year was the year we wasn't around a lot when he was finishing his degree. What does that tell us?
                          That Don Granato should have been the head coach. That Tony has never been a good coach. 3 years of coaching and no NCAA tournaments (barring a miracle). 4 years as a player at Wisconsin and 0 NCAA tournaments. Real winner we've got here.

Comment

How long are the coaches under contract? Does WI still add another year to contact on a yearly basis, or is that only in football?
                            never up, never in!

Comment

Originally posted by goofy gopher View Post
                              How long are the coaches under contract? Does WI still add another year to contact on a yearly basis, or is that only in football?
                              They do add another year unless the team is struggling. Eaves did not get extended once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                It’s just not working. 1/2 the players are Granato/Osiecki guys and tgey’re Not trending up and worse; they’re not learning from their mistakes.

Granato is a legend of a Badger player (it was Sauer’s fault UW missed NCAA’s while Granato, Tuttle et al were there) but it’s clear he’s not HC material and equally clear (imo) Oseicki has lost it and Strobel never had it as coaches/assistants.
                                Last edited by solovsfett; 02-02-2019, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X