Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crainer View Post
    Gameday!

8pm start, ESPNU with Bucci. Any chance we can look good in front of a kinda national audience?
    Hopefully! The Badgers are still sitting there with the third best (or fourth worst ) record in the league. (Sort it logically like other sports do - they weren't in a tie for first last week, and they're not in fifth now.) And I'm no expert (having watched maybe a few highlights from two of their games...maybe?), but I don't think it's a sizzling hot take to say this year's Notre Dame team is worse than last year's.

I won't bet on anything, but they certainly can look good.

And speaking of that kinda national audience, someone should go around to all the local bars and put the TVs on ESPNU.

It's a great day for hockey, and it's a great WEEK for hockey with the weather finally going the right way!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      It's a great day for hockey, and it's a great WEEK for hockey with the weather finally going the right way!
      I wonder how much of an impact the incoming weather and late start are going to have on attendance tonight. I know we probably won't me making the 30 minute (each way) drive to the game tonight given how much snow we might be seeing in the evening.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Here's the projected Badgers lineup for Friday:

Linus Weissbach - Seamus Malone - Will Johnson
        Jack Gorniak - Tarek Baker - Sean Dhooghe
        Roman Ahcan - Dominick Mersch - Brock Caufield
        Matthew Freytag - Mick Messner - Jason Dhooghe
        Extra forward: Max Zimmer

Wyatt Kalynuk - Tyler Inamoto
        Josh Ess - Peter Tischke
        K'Andre Miller - Ty Emberson

Starting goalie: Daniel Lebedeff

I like Linus with Seamus and The Kali Kid. He can wake up those 2 Sr's and Seamus can create for Linus. Zimmer is falling off the map.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Malone, Jobst, and Joshua are the three opposing players in the Big Ten that I feel we've been playing for six years. Geez.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
            Malone, Jobst, and Joshua are the three opposing players in the Big Ten that I feel we've been playing for six years. Geez.
            I feel the same way about Novak and Sheehy.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              Haha, awesome! There were always Gophers that I felt the same about. Corey Millen and Butsy Erickson come to mind. I think Butsy played 8 years.

One game in Madison in the early 80's (?) during warm-ups, I yelled at Butsy, "Hey Erickson, how's your butsy?" He took off a glove a flipped me off. We weren't obnoxious at all back then.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

So, this is what we look like when they're missing three of their top 6 scorers? Ugh.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Horrible start to day the least.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Announcers commented a couple times how sloppy the Badgers are in their own zone. Sucks they still are doing the same stupid crap in their D zone.

Offense looks pretty good though. Miller is the man. I'm just gonna call Miller a forward from now on bc he creates the most opportunities.
                    Last edited by druzy192; 01-18-2019, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Lebedeff took a skate to the face and had to leave the game. Hate to see that. That was what made me eventually had to quit playing the game.

Comment

What’s the excuse now?
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Well, that was frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post
                            Well, that was frustrating.
                            Ugh. Lost the best goalie we have and can't beat a team when they don't have some of their best scorers in their lineup. No idea what this team is at this point.
                            Last edited by gwhinwi; 01-18-2019, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Not bad not good; a middle-of-the-pack team got beaten in a close game by a higher rated team (14 Pairwise and 12 KRACH; they were close to that before tonight). Stuff happens. There was nothing shocking or anything I'd look for an "excuse" for. It was a game that happened. An exciting one, but as far as season-long narratives go, it was just a game that went as you'd expect (without applying much optimism). (If you heard me say the preceding sentences aloud, I would sound neither particularly encouraged nor bleak.)

But those uniforms are horrific and they need to retire them forever. They look as bad as I thought they would in person (didn't get to the game last weekend). They look like somebody was brainstorming new ideas in photoshop, messed around with putting vertical red bars over traditional horizontal stripe locations (with the "Wisconsin" font as a placeholder), thought "nah, there's nothing that would work here" and accidentally sent it to the Adidas sales rep instead of deleting it. Scrap 'em and bring back these:

Comment

• Who remembers "Chuck Schwartz" on the forums? Tonight, I recognized him, introduced myself, and we talked a few minutes.

For those of you who didnt know of him, that guy is a wealth of hockey player knowledge.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X