Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    How does everyone feel about this weekend? Was last Saturday's effort a sign of the team turning a corner, or did Maine just not show up?
    I thought the team played very well last Saturday night. They played hard and really tightened up the play in their own end from Friday night. Maine showed up but took a lot of penalties, which seems to be a common theme with them.

One game at a time. I'm just hoping the team takes care of business tonight. The NU game will be on NESN - Plus on Saturday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      UMass is legit.

And while they don't have the history, I bet if their success continues, their recruiting will pick up to higher levels as well. I don't see Carvel choosing to go the route that Bazin did, rather he'll go the route that PC is.
      They play like we want our team to play

Comment

Tickets are pretty cheap on StubHub right now for Saturday's game at Matthew. I got a pair in the balcony for about 13.50 a piece
        Tully Rink Rat
        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

Sr Paul Hogan just won the NCAA Regional Meet in Buffalo NY. w00000t!!
          Team placed 6th. Maybe it will spill into tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            Sr Paul Hogan just won the NCAA Regional Meet in Buffalo NY. w00000t!!
            Team placed 6th. Maybe it will spill into tonight!
            Congratulations to Paul.

Comment

Well I guess we know Ryan was on the ice tonight

I saw a lot of people head for the exits around 4:50 mark

Suckers.......

Good effort tonight, with no puck luck but we are running into the same problems week after week. No fluidity to entries on the power play, questionable passes, but the effort was there so that was nice to see.
              Tully Rink Rat
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

Sitting in front of some kids who play Mite hockey. They kept asking why they were passing in front of the net, and doing all the other dubious things they were doing. "Don't they know they aren't supposed to do that??"

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post

Suckers.......

Good effort tonight, with no puck luck but we are running into the same problems week after week. No fluidity to entries on the power play, questionable passes, but the effort was there so that was nice to see.
                  I really hope they can improve their power play,...between the game I saw in Orono and last nights game, they had so many power plays and few, or no goals. In Maine, at least the pp seemed to applying pressure, last night they were having hard time just bringing puck into zone and setting up. I'm not a coach but there has got to be a way to make them better on this. I noticed a lot of poor passing, either too far in front or into the skates.

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post

Suckers.......

Agree about the effort, but it seemed like a step back in regards to the passing and flow. That was an ugly game to watch for the most part. If this team had a power play they would be dangerous. A nice finished to regulation, It's good to have Ryan back. I was a little disappointed with the play in OT. Turn overs and trouble clearing their own zone killed any momentum they had.

A big point to get with the new playoff format.

Comment

Originally posted by carlin View Post
                      I really hope they can improve their power play,...between the game I saw in Orono and last nights game, they had so many power plays and few, or no goals.
                      0 for their last 16.
                      Last edited by ScottK; 11-10-2018, 11:03 AM.
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Off Topic but the basketball team looked pretty good today against Wagner. Come out with an 88-84 OT win, Alex Rivera has a nice debut and a decent size crowd at Costello.
                        Tully Rink Rat
                        Youngstar
                        UML Class of 09

Comment

Looking forward to seeing how we do against NU tonight. They are freewheeling and fast but a bit sloppy on D, allowing a high number of shots on goal per game. If we can limit their shots like we did against UNH last night and Maine in the 2nd game last weekend, I think we'll have a good chance of getting much needed HE points. Let's go boys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
                            Looking forward to seeing how we do against NU tonight. They are freewheeling and fast but a bit sloppy on D, allowing a high number of shots on goal per game. If we can limit their shots like we did against UNH last night and Maine in the 2nd game last weekend, I think we'll have a good chance of getting much needed HE points. Let's go boys!
                            I hope you’re right. NU held UML to only 17 shots a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Remember when a two goal lead in the 3rd under Norm was a sure win?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                                Remember when a two goal lead in the 3rd under Norm was a sure win?
                                Ugly 3rd period and OT. They lost in OT to NU last year in a very similar fashion.
                                Why does Lowell lose so many OT games? They were 1-5 in OT games last year and this year they are 0-2-1.
                                Last edited by gochiefs; 11-10-2018, 09:06 PM.
                                What did you say?
                                Who own the Chiefs?
                                What did he say?
                                Owns! Owns!

Comment

Working...
                                X