UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

The student section is not on sale so I would assume they might be opening the dorms back up on Friday to get kids in the door. Hopefully, they show up we need the atmosphere...
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
      None of these games ever sell out in any conference- did you see some of attendance figures this weekend
      Michigan at Minnesota had 1900 Saturday- Even Penn State didn't sell out
      Over/under has to be around 3000
      3000 for the over/under? I'd take the over without hesitation.

Average attendance for playoff games at Tsongas:

2018 2934 (2 games - Merrimack)
      2017 4470 (3 games - UNH)
      2016 5399 (2 games - BU)
      2015 3614 (3 games - Angry Leprechauns)
      2014 3610 (3 games - Vermont)
      2013 4235 (2 games - Maine)
      2012 3874 (3 games - PC)
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
        So at some point in the past, Lohin apparently made a cutting remark to a linesman who continually tossed him from faceoff circle. Friday night, he was called for two penalties at the start of power plays. The generally feeling in our group in the stands was that neither penalty was a quality call.

Anyone getting impression that Lohin may be a marked man?
        I don't know. It's hard to believe that he's a marked man.

I didn't get a good look at the penalties at the game. I would also like to see a video replay (I haven't been able to find the game video). The refs seem to let the teams play. They let some things go, which is fine if they're consistent. My only complaint was the non call on the leg on leg check by the Vermont player in the 3rd period. They did review the play for a major penalty. I didn't think it was a major but it should have been a two minute penalty.

Comment

This will sound strange, but I like our #4 seeding. Get home ice against BU. While BU played poorly last night, I expect a tough series and will go 3 games where UML should prevail.
          Then on to the Garden against #1 Flagship. Like our chances against them. Then its the championship game against PC, NU, or BC. I will be rooting for UML/BC HE Finals.
          University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

The way we been playing I don't see much the last five weeks can hope some guy talking championship hockey east please take a deep breath ok

Comment

A reminder you're old department: Jack MacDonald (Blaise's son) had a hat-trick as his high school team won the Class B State Championship in Maine.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                A reminder you're old department: Jack MacDonald (Blaise's son) had a hat-trick as his high school team won the Class B State Championship in Maine.
                holy crap.

Comment

Yes I know the way they've been playing this is wishful thinking but.....
                  Haven't seen the Pairwise Predictor yet. Is it possible for UML to make NCAAs without winning HEAST championship? Like lets say if they swept BU and beat Amherst then lost the final to Providence?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                    Haven't seen the Pairwise Predictor yet. Is it possible for UML to make NCAAs without winning HEAST championship? Like lets say if they swept BU and beat Amherst then lost the final to Providence?
                    I'm sure someone will come along and prove it but the last month, we've been going the wrong way and I'm pretty sure the hole is too deep now.
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                      Yeah, as of right now the CHN probability matrix says Lowell has a 4% chance of an at large bid. The scenario you described would probably need to happen, the teams above Lowell would need to lose, and avoid teams below them winning their conference tournaments.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ra...lityMatrix.php

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                        Then on to the Garden against #1 Amherst.
                        ...assuming that #2 or #3 aren't upset in the quarters.

Comment

Just saw a tweet that the dorms will be open.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by tape View Post
                            ...assuming that #2 or #3 aren't upset in the quarters.
                            Don't put much money on it

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                              Don't put much money on it
                              I don't know about that. Maine has been playing decent, and looking back on Saturday, they can explode for a bunch of goals. And as bad as BC has been this year, Woll can still steal a series.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                                I don't know about that. Maine has been playing decent, and looking back on Saturday, they can explode for a bunch of goals. And as bad as BC has been this year, Woll can still steal a series.
                                If Jupiter aligns with Mars and Marchand gets suspended and plays two weeks with the RiverHawks, then, yes, you can get an at-large bid...

Comment

Working...
                                X