UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

The last prediction I saw said snow will pick up at night on Saturday. Leaving the game might be a pain in the butt. Looks like I'm paying for parking on Saturday night since the parking ban will probably go into effect during the game.

I also got a notification that they were doing a flash sale on tickets for this weekend. Looks like people might be staying away, students are still on winter break as well so it might be a thin crowd both nights.
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      No snow expected till Sunday, I thought?

The snow will likely start during the game (8-9pm).
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
        Think there’s any chance the Sat game gets moved up a few hours due to inbound snow?
        BU has moved their game against Quinnipiac to 5:00 pm on Saturday. I would imagine we may see some more time changes tomorrow.

Comment

Lowell Sun article from Thursday.

http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_3...lands-hernberg

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            BU has moved their game against Quinnipiac to 5:00 pm on Saturday. I would imagine we may see some more time changes tomorrow.
            A consideration is that the visiting teams need to drive home after. I believe this storm coming from west, not south, so QU wouldndrive into it and UVM would as well but to a lesser degree
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              Booooo!
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

UVM isn't driving home after the game Sat so that won't be a reason to move the game up.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                  UVM isn't driving home after the game Sat so that won't be a reason to move the game up.
                  Given the way this storm is shaking out I doubt they are going home on Sunday either
                  Tully Rink Rat
                  Youngstar
                  UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                    Given the way this storm is shaking out I doubt they are going home on Sunday either
                    Why? It'll be over by late afternoon. They shouldn't have much of a problem driving home then. I also wouldn't be surprised if they did drive home right after the game Saturday night. It's not going to start getting really bad until Midnight or so, and that's mainly from central NH southward. If they leave right away (10pm), they'll be north of the heavy stuff rather quickly, and getting home won't be too much of a problem.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

It's Coach Bazin's birthday today. Here's hoping for a nice present for him (and us).
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        It's Coach Bazin's birthday today. Here's hoping for a nice present for him (and us).
                        Make it a happy weekend for coach

Comment

Why? It'll be over by late afternoon. They shouldn't have much of a problem driving home then. I also wouldn't be surprised if they did drive home right after the game Saturday night. It's not going to start getting really bad until Midnight or so, and that's mainly from central NH southward. If they leave right away (10pm), they'll be north of the heavy stuff rather quickly, and getting home won't be too much of a problem.
                          Have you ever driven I-89 thru Vermont during or after a storm? They don't have the manpower to keep up with a storm like we do down here or even in NH. I've done it twice and it takes about 6 hours to go from Burlington to the NH State line. Always a nightmare.

But then again I might as well defer to you on this one given your title Scott. Us Poly Sci majors can't even predict elections accurately let alone the weather.
                          Last edited by Turk_Sanderson; 01-18-2019, 02:14 PM.
                          Tully Rink Rat
                          Youngstar
                          UML Class of 09

Comment

Hoping for a nice weekend series - it's been a while since we've had a win at the Tsongas!
                            Lowell should get back to outshooting their opponent, something that they have not done since the Denver game.
                            Hoping for a couple solid wins...... Let's Go!!

Comment

I was just going to say we needed to ask Scott K....

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                              Have you ever driven I-89 thru Vermont during or after a storm? They don't have the manpower to keep up with a storm like we do down here or even in NH. I've done it twice and it takes about 6 hours to go from Burlington to the NH State line. Always a nightmare.

But then again I might as well defer to you on this one given your title Scott. Us Poly Sci majors can't even predict elections accurately let alone the weather.
                              Yes. It is scary as hell and I am not a timid driver. Even the Vermonters I was visiting told me they wouldn't drive thru there but I had to get home to see patients. On the other hand the bus driver is a Vermonter and a bus driver so....

Comment

We won but what a sloppy show that was we tried many times to give it away brutal at home Vermont better looking team tonight but e won

Comment

Working...
                                X