Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I asked. He had no idea until Bob told him today. For the record he missed one game since 1981. It was my fault. I made him go to my brother's wedding.
    Bob had me helping with the research. It looks like the missed game was at home against St. Lawrence on Friday October 28, 1994. He's been at 924 consecutive games. Lowell's overall record since he's been there is 671-619-110, and during his consecutive games streak it is 440-401-83.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

It was my fault. I made him go to my brother's wedding.
      Well, that was just rude!
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

We haven't played Merrimack yet, but with another recent departure, they're down to just 6 defensemen on their roster for the rest of the season. This will probably have an impact on them.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
          Coach Davis points out that Jonathan Waring and James Winkler have both left the team recently and are currently playing with the Division III Endicott Gulls Hockey.
          Anyone know where Burchett landed (if anywhere)??
          Waring and Winkler are officially no longer on the roster.
          Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            We haven't played Merrimack yet, but with another recent departure, they're down to just 6 defensemen on their roster for the rest of the season. This will probably have an impact on them.
            After getting lit up by nearly everyone in the 1st half, they've actually played some very good D in the 2nd half. They just beat Michigan 4-2 at Yost last night, and beat Northeastern 1-0 at Matthews on Sunday. Their biggest problem is still scoring. Less than 2 goals per game on average isn't going to win you too many games.
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Waring and Winkler are officially no longer on the roster.
              I thought I was going crazy because I didn't recall them being on the roster at any point this season. Scott broke this news in the off-season.

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              The team had their awards banquet today.

Christoffer Hernberg - MVP & Most Improved Player & Coaches Perserverance
              Chris Forney - Best Defensive Player & Gus Coutu Award (Player that best exemplifies the spirit of the UML hockey program)
              Ryan Lohin - G. Harvey Chandler Award (Leading Scorer)
              Charlie Levesque - Rookie of the Year
              Tommy Panico - Unsung Hero
              Equipment Manager Nick Lazor - Marc Connelly Award (Non-player who makes a positive significant impact on the program)

Based on the updates to the roster page on goriverhawks.com, it looks like Folin, Waring, Winkler, and Cleary will not be back next season.

Comment

Well, that was just rude!
                No worries- He reminds me of that every time it comes up. He will never let me live it down.

Comment

From today's Sun: A trip down memory lane for Sodergren

Comment

Technical difficulties. mr les is being interviewed tonight and as of now there is no feed

Comment

Technical difficulties. mr les is being interviewed tonight and as of now there is no feed
                      The radio broadcast is starting now. The game is at 7:30.
                      https://goriverhawks.com/watch/?Live=232&type=Live

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        The interview took place during the 1st intermission. He was great! I hope you heard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                          The interview took place during the 1st intermission. He was great! I hope you heard it.
                          I did I am understanding Ha!

Comment

You give Kenny time and space like that and he will burn you everytime

Beauty of a goal
                            Tully Rink Rat
                            Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                            Youngstar
                            UML Class of 09

Comment

Good team win last night I feel like Lowell controlled the pace of play for most of the game. The SOG count tells a different story but I didn't think Colgate had many good chances

Giving credit where is due to Avni Berisha got into the last man back situation and stood his ground by playing the man and took out what could have been a 1 on 1 situation for Colgate. Norm has relied on him a lot to give some stability to the blue line corps and he answered the bell.
                              Tully Rink Rat
                              Youngstar
                              UML Class of 09

Comment

Nice weekend sweep, hopefully, we replicate next weekend with Hockey East points on the line.
                                Tully Rink Rat
                                Youngstar
                                UML Class of 09

Comment

Working...
                                X