Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    OK local peeps- I need a place to have lunch/dinner at 1'Oclock on a Saturday for 9 people. Main group based in Chelmsford but coming from the north and south to meet. Place needs to take reservations and has to have stuff that doesn't contain garlic. So far Good Thymes and John Ryans have both don't take reservations. Anyone have any ideas?
    Kevin Boyle is expected to start for Anaheim again tonight against the Bruins. I'm sure there will be at least a few references to his time at Lowell from Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley on the NESN broadcast.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
      110 grill in Chelmsford
      sigh. Shot down already. Picky eaters who are 'not picky'
      THanks tho

Comment

sigh. Shot down already. Picky eaters who are 'not picky'
        THanks tho
        LOL good luck with that Mrs. Les. Doesn't get really more "Americanized fancy" than 110 Grill
        Tully Rink Rat
        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          Strong the whole team was unreal best team we've faced so far this year hands down

Comment

Best part of the night was the XC team celebration b/w the 2nd and 3rd. mr les fathead traipsed around on the ice
            Rest of the night..... uff da

Comment

Woof.

Gotta figure it out and try to salvage the weekend with some points
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

OK local peeps- I need a place to have lunch/dinner at 1'Oclock on a Saturday for 9 people. ....... Anyone have any ideas?
                Consider Tavern on the Square at Cross Point Tower. Right off the highway, takes reservations and food is great. Good luck!

Comment

Disappointing night but I am hoping that we got it our of our system. Expect to see Tha Hernburglah in net tonight? Noticed that Norm shook up the lines a little. Not sure he ever fielded Condotta with Stefanson and Lohin before; they actually skated pretty well together IMHO. Same with Levesque skating with Wilson and Schutz-He-Scores.... wonder if we will see the same line mash-ups tonight. I chock it up to The Friars being built similar to UML and this just not being a great match-up for our squad. PC is a pretty talented bunch. Wall really had no chance on several of those goals but still.....

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
                    Disappointing night but I am hoping that we got it our of our system. Expect to see Tha Hernburglah in net tonight? Noticed that Norm shook up the lines a little. Not sure he ever fielded Condotta with Stefanson and Lohin before; they actually skated pretty well together IMHO. Same with Levesque skating with Wilson and Schutz-He-Scores.... wonder if we will see the same line mash-ups tonight. I chock it up to The Friars being built similar to UML and this just not being a great match-up for our squad. PC is a pretty talented bunch. Wall really had no chance on several of those goals but still.....
                    He kept switching the lines up mid-game which led to do the first too many men because they got confused. At one point we were skating Kenny-Ryan-Lucas which was our top line in the first half of the season.

Nolan Sawychuk Section 114 or Injury?

Hope it was the former and he gets reinserted. The sequence that led to the third Providence goal should not be happening. Not going to call anyone out by name since it was the entire line's fault, but they left T Wall flapping in the breeze. That line had nothing left in the tank after an extended shift on the ice because they couldn't get the puck deep and then took an icing on a pass to no one in particular that orginated from our goal line. A real **** sequence by that line and they paid the price for it.

Hope Jon McDonald is ok after taking that knee on knee hit from Kaptain Kasper. He did seem to be favouring his left knee the rest of the night as his skating became a lot less fluid.
                    Tully Rink Rat
                    Youngstar
                    UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                      Woof.

Gotta figure it out and try to salvage the weekend with some points
                      Yup, it will be interesting to see how the team responds tonight.

Comment

Leaman just seems to know how to coach against Bazin. That called back goal just seemed to completely kill this team, and they reacted horribly to it.

6 years since we won in PC, can we end that tonight?
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Tonight is the biggest character test this team will face after getting blown off the ice like that. Norm jumped on the grenade with his post-game comments re: preparation. Providence did all of the things our team usually does well. Great puck suppport/hounding carriers and keeping the game in front of them while getting pucks deep and winning the body game/puck battles. We won 25 faceoffs compared to Providence's 37. That needs to change tonight.
                          Tully Rink Rat
                          Youngstar
                          UML Class of 09

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            Leaman just seems to know how to coach against Bazin. That called back goal just seemed to completely kill this team, and they reacted horribly to it.

6 years since we won in PC, can we end that tonight?
                            I always kinda liked that place. Shame we cant win there more often
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Maybe tonight we will learn not to pass in the middle in front of the net??? I hate that

Comment

Line up changes:
                                In - Knoblauch, O'Rourke, Sawchuk
                                Out - Wilson, Evingson, Schutz

Hernberg in net.
                                Last edited by boblav1; 02-16-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X