Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND Fighting Hawks 2018-2019 season thread

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
    I’m not the one saying fire Berry but the rumblings if it get stronger each time they crap the bed. Now I’m not saying bring Hak back but you know dam well that will be the talk the rest of this season
    Of course it is. Every fan base has a certain small percentage of fans, that frankly, are just not that bright. Ours is no different.

Personally I've found the recent reactions kind of amusing, but that's probably only due to my advancing age and the fact that I've had a chance to enjoy nearly unmatched success as a UND hockey fan, but also have seen that not every year is going to be a good year. It's amusing to see people like Cratter and UNDBiz and Irish, et al, over on siouxsports have their meltdown. Good. Not enough members of our fan base appreciate what we've had a chance to enjoy.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

One thing for sure. Those had to be the biggest wins ever for Canisius .

Comment

Wrong. Winning an AHA Championship game to make the tournament is a bigger win than regular season wins at home over an average team.

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
          One thing for sure. Those had to be the biggest wins ever for Canisius .
          You’re dam right about that
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
            There goes the postseason.. i don't think that they can make up the ground they lost this weekend in pairwise or win the NCHC to get an auto bid. I cant honestly believe this happened. This weekend was a couple must win games and they were flat ..... what a joke

#fireberry
            Don't panic. My PWR Demo says if UND sweeps CC, UND lands at #18, W and T #22. Unless there's a ton of upsets like last weekend.

Comment

Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of....

In all seriousness when was the last time the highest rated team between UND, UM, BC and BU would be (in this case both the PWR and RPI) ranked 22nd? Plenty of hockey left but all 4 are on the outside looking into the tournament.

Comment

You can throw Wisconsin into that too. BC, BU, UMN, ND, and WI all on the outside looking in. And last season, all five of them missed out too except BU.

Comment

Teams above North Dakota in the current pairwise have won 20 of the 71 NCAA championships, and DU won 8 of those. 3 were won by LSSU 25+ years ago, 2 by Cornell 50 years ago.

The game has changed.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                    You can throw Wisconsin into that too. BC, BU, UMN, ND, and WI all on the outside looking in. And last season, all five of them missed out too except BU.
                    BC, BU, UMN, UM, UND, uw... Who makes it?

I'll say two get in again but it's crazy difficult to guess which.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of....

In all seriousness when was the last time the highest rated team between UND, UM, BC and BU would be (in this case both the PWR and RPI) ranked 22nd? Plenty of hockey left but all 4 are on the outside looking into the tournament.
                      I don’t recall that happening ever. Be lucky 2 of those teams make the tourney let alone 1. Definitely different times
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Nice to see a little offense tonight. Blew a 2-0 lead but managed to score 4 and win 4-3 in overtime. Once again outshot a team this time 47-23.
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Rough ice.
                          Can't hit water falling out of a boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                            Good looking group of recruits.
                            But can they put the puck in the net. Or at least put it on goal.

Comment

Thome out long term. New goalie in his way
                              https://grandforksherald.com/sports/...ing-new-goalie
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...<br /> hockey

Ralph Engelstad Arena will install in the offseason a new center-hung video board that it says will be the largest in college hockey.
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X