UND Fighting Hawks 2018-2019 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
    A rather remarkable stat that unearthed last night: UND has now won its final home game of the season for 25 straight years.
    I assume that to mean either regular season or postseason, whichever was the last game at UND?
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      I assume that to mean either regular season or postseason, whichever was the last game at UND?
      Correct. And I believe it is actually only 23 years. UND lost their home finale in 1996 (WCHA First Round against Wisconsin).

Another interesting note, North Dakota has not won a road playoff series in the conference playoffs since 1995...against St. Cloud. Of course, they have only lost one in the interim 24 years. Here is to hoping the boys can knock off Denver this weekend.
      Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 03-12-2019, 07:27 AM.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Re: UND Fighting Hawks 2018-2019 season thread

Once again UND outplays their opponent only to lose 2-0 to DU. The lack of any kind of finishers on this team is amazing. There isn’t one. Now they need to beat DU 2 in a row to advance to the X and I highly doubt that happens. Hopefully there is a finisher or 2 coming in next year or it will be a repeat of this season.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

So now that you've watched for a season, I am curious what everyone's assessment of Gavin Hain was for the year, and what you think of his potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
            So now that you've watched for a season, I am curious what everyone's assessment of Gavin Hain was for the year, and what you think of his potential.
            He had a great season. Hopefully he stays for 4 years. Not sure on potential - could be NHL caliber.
            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Denver has done something I thought I'd never see. I feel sorry for you guys. I wish you had won. Next year ...
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                Glad to see we got the best of the GR top line.

Comment

Sigh. Second straight year out of the tourney. You would think they could find some decent refs out there.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Sigh. Second straight year out of the tourney. You would think they could find some decent refs out there.
                    Heh heh. And maybe a player or two that can, you know, put the puck in the net.
                    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Well, don't look at the Big Ten for good refs, we are all out.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                        Well, don't look at the Big Ten for good refs, we are all out.
                        I haven't watched any Big Ten games this year, but looking at the standings I figured that was the case.

Comment

Rhett Gardner to Dallas
                          https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...s-dallas-stars
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I haven't watched any Big Ten games this year, but looking at the standings I figured that was the case.
                            I was referring to this in OT for the loss.
                            https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1107095612745490432
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                              I was referring to this in OT for the loss.
                              https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1107095612745490432
                              In OT of a tournament game with big time implications? Ouch.

I'll stay away from the gopher thread.

Comment

So, are we going to see Hak head to Oxford, OH? That should add some heat to the epic meltdown already occurring over at siouxsports.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X