Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 272

Thread: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

  1. #241
    Section T since 1978
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    DeWitt, MI, USA
    Posts
    999

    Re: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

    Mini-pack tickets are now available. Pick 6 or 8 Saturdays

  2. #242
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    128

    Re: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

    Quote Originally Posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
    Keefer wouldn't have been on the top of my list of all the players to cut. And with only 26 players, I'm not sure there was any reason to make a cut, so one might assume this was a player decision. That having been said, there's no question Keefer fell out of favor between his frosh and soph seasons. It will be interesting to see where he lands. As I said, it's not a very deep roster with 26 players, so hopefully we don't have a lot of injuries. And with only 3 frosh, we can only hope Cole is saving his powder for a deep recruiting class for next season.
    Saw mention from the end of May on NMU's D2 club hockey FB page that Keefer may have transferred to NMU. Who knows if that's accurate.

  3. #243
    Section T since 1978
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    DeWitt, MI, USA
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
    Saw mention from the end of May on NMU's D2 club hockey FB page that Keefer may have transferred to NMU. Who knows if that's accurate.
    Yes, that is where he is...

    https://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mice/2019-20/roster

  4. #244
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by owslachief View Post
    https://twitter.com/MSU_Hockey/statu...libGVfcmVjc18y

    I'm LUVing this. Slater is a great addition to the staff and I think can make a big impact.
    https://www.nhl.com/capitals/news/capitals-name-jim-slater-to-player-development-department/c-309334348

    Díoh! I guess we should have paid him.
    Last edited by Pirateasaur; 09-20-2019 at 03:29 PM.

  5. #245
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by wsummers View Post
    Yes, that is where he is...

    https://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mice/2019-20/roster
    Well, wonít take long for a reunion with his old teammates!

  6. #246
    Section T since 1978
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    DeWitt, MI, USA
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    https://www.nhl.com/capitals/news/capitals-name-jim-slater-to-player-development-department/c-309334348

    Díoh! I guess we should have paid him.
    This is in addition to working with MSU players. We havenít lost him.

    https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2019/09/20/capitals-name-jim-slater-to-player-development-department-as-forward-prospects-mentor/

  7. #247
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by wsummers View Post
    This is in addition to working with MSU players. We havenít lost him.

    https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2019/09/20/capitals-name-jim-slater-to-player-development-department-as-forward-prospects-mentor/
    Ah, good. I assumed heíd have to move to DC or Hershey.

    Also, getting pretty annoyed with it not being college hockey season yet. Irks me daily at this point.

  8. #248
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    128

    Re: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    Ah, good. I assumed he’d have to move to DC or Hershey.

    Also, getting pretty annoyed with it not being college hockey season yet. Irks me daily at this point.
    Well, if you're really curious about things to come, you can check out the USHL Fall Classic which stretches into this weekend. I've counted a dozen Spartan commits on various line charts thus far:

    '01 D Michael Feenstra - Dubuque
    '00 F Cam Knuble - Muskegon
    '01 G Jonathan Williams - Muskegon
    '02 D David Gucciardi - Muskegon
    '02 D Matt Bagsall - Omaha
    '00 F Cole Kodsi - Madison (Of course, I'm partial to him as a fellow Floridian)
    '01 F Kristof Papp - Madison
    '00 F Bradley Marek - Youngstown
    '00 D Aiden Gallacher - Youngstown
    '00 F Kyle Haskins - Waterloo
    '02 F Carter Mazur - Tri City
    '00 D Cal Dybicz - Tri City
    Last edited by FLHockeyMom; 09-27-2019 at 02:32 PM.

  9. #249
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
    Well, if you're really curious about things to come, you can check out the USHL Fall Classic which stretches into this weekend. I've counted a dozen Spartan commits on various line charts thus far:

    '01 D Michael Feenstra - Dubuque
    '00 F Cam Knuble - Muskegon
    '01 G Jonathan Williams - Muskegon
    '02 D David Gucciardi - Muskegon
    '02 D Matt Bagsall - Omaha
    '00 F Cole Kodsi - Madison (Of course, I'm partial to him as a fellow Floridian)
    '01 F Kristof Papp - Madison
    '00 F Bradley Marek - Youngstown
    '00 D Aiden Gallacher - Youngstown
    '00 F Kyle Haskins - Waterloo
    '02 F Carter Mazur - Tri City
    '00 D Cal Dybicz - Tri City
    Ah nice. I think Papp is one to watch. Hopefully he doesnít get stolen away by the Canadian leagues like Afanasyev.

    Also, anyone know if there will be a green and white scrimmage? I havenít heard anything.

  10. #250
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    462

    Re: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

    Hockey media day was today and Cole mentioned a few nuggets iím sure everyone was wondering about.

    MŁller will replace Hirose on the top line.

    Another line will consist of Jagger Joshua, Josh Nodler and Sam Saliba, who will stay at wing.

    Lethemon and DeRidder will continue to platoon the goalie position unless one of them outright takes it.

    Cole expects the defense to be better moving the puck this year which will help put the offense in better position.

    You can listen to the full interview at Spartan sports network. Itís in the ďsurround soundĒ section under the sports tab. Kinda tough to find.

  11. #251
    Section T since 1978
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    DeWitt, MI, USA
    Posts
    999

    Re: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

    Just to add a couple other points mentioned:

    Green and White game today was Munnsters only due to construction.

    Monday game against W Ontario is because an unnamed team scheduled for Saturday backed out and Western Ontario agreed to Monday.

    Said moving Saliba back to the wing should make him more productive.

    No mention of any Sophomores. I assume they will be the 4th line.

  12. #252
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by wsummers View Post
    Just to add a couple other points mentioned:

    Green and White game today was Munnsters only due to construction.

    Monday game against W Ontario is because an unnamed team scheduled for Saturday backed out and Western Ontario agreed to Monday.

    Said moving Saliba back to the wing should make him more productive.

    No mention of any Sophomores. I assume they will be the 4th line.
    Gotta assume Apap and Lambdin will be regulars. Cole also mentioned Brody Stevens so likely him to.

    That leaves Mattson, Stachowiak, Goodsir, Esteves, Kamer, and Smith to fill out out the remaining forwards in a given night. I like Stachowiak. Goodsir was a regular last year and I think came on late in the season. Iíd like Mattson to show some more. His size is appealing and iím hoping he made big strides this summer. I am somewhat fond of Kamer and Smith and Esteves both have good speed. I imagine all of these players will be cycling in and out of the lineup each game.
    Last edited by Pirateasaur; 10-02-2019 at 10:16 PM.

  13. #253
    Section T since 1978
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    DeWitt, MI, USA
    Posts
    999

    Re: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    Gotta assume Apap and Lambdin will be regulars. Cole also mentioned Brody Stevens so likely him to.

    That leaves Mattson, Stachowiak, Goodsir, Esteves, Kamer, and Smith to fill out out the remaining forwards in a given night. I like Stachowiak. Goodsir was a regular last year and I think came on late in the season. Iíd like Mattson to show some more. His size is appealing and iím hoping he made big strides this summer. I am somewhat fond of Kamer and Smith and Esteves both have good speed. I imagine all of these players will be cycling in and out of the lineup each game.
    Thatís pretty much how I see it. Apap, Lambdin, Stevens as 3rd line.
    I see Goodsir centering the 4th. Stachiwiak will probably be a regular with 2 others dressing each night.
    I donít see either of the extra dmen dressing unless there is an injury to one of the top 6.

  14. #254
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ready for the 99th season of Tech hockey
    Posts
    2,921

    Re: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

    The home game against the Skunks is now listed as a TV game on BTN. The time is TBA, because in their infinite wisdom the Big Ten scheduled this game on the same day as the football game between the two schools.

  15. #255
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    462

    Re: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

    Ah, the seasonís first gameday is finally here! Dreams really do come true.

    Itís usually hard to glean much useful info from the exhibitions but itís always fun to get a live look at the team.

  16. #256
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    128

    Re: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    Itís usually hard to glean much useful info from the exhibitions but itís always fun to get a live look at the team.
    My sentiments exactly! In other news, Kristof Papp made the NHL Central Scouting's preliminary players to watch list as a "C" rated skater. He can't get here soon enough.

  17. #257
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    7,219

    Re: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    Ah, the seasonís first gameday is finally here! Dreams really do come true.

    Itís usually hard to glean much useful info from the exhibitions but itís always fun to get a live look at the team.
    Very excited about tonight. I guess if I were to make a short list of things I'm most intrigued to see, it would be
    1. What will a top line look like
    2. How ready are these freshmen? I've a sense that Nodler will be good, and Mueller has an impressive path pre-MSU, but Joshua could be an all-around force and put up some numbers.
    3. How much has D improved. Probably the strength of the program this year.

  18. #258
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by owslachief View Post
    Very excited about tonight. I guess if I were to make a short list of things I'm most intrigued to see, it would be
    1. What will a top line look like
    2. How ready are these freshmen? I've a sense that Nodler will be good, and Mueller has an impressive path pre-MSU, but Joshua could be an all-around force and put up some numbers.
    3. How much has D improved. Probably the strength of the program this year.
    Joshua comes in as the least heralded freshman but Cole spoke of him very glowingly in his pressers so far. Heís been a commit for a long time. Looks like since early 2016. Many verbal ďcommitmentsĒ disappear as time goes on but Joshua has stuck with it for a long time so it will be Interesting to see what he can do.

  19. #259
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,917

    Re: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

    Hirose certainly made the right decision: 2nd line on the Wings this year.

    At least for the preliminary depth chart tonight, Muller is listed to take his place.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  20. #260
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    462

    Re: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

    Alright, gathered a few thoughts. This exhibition was especially hard to gauge due to the massive lineup we fielded and the outrageous amount of special teams play. I was hoping for long stretches of even strength play to help get a feel for this team but alas.

    We dominated an out matched WO squad. I did feel that offensively we got pretty loose in the 2nd period with lot of fancy, unnecessary passing and it resulted in some turnovers, blown scoring chances and transition scoring opportunities for Western. Other than that we controlled the puck and played well defensively. Cole Krygier and Rosberg really popped out to me with some nice plays at both ends of the ice.

    MŁller fit in well on the top line. I think heíll be very good there and have a huge freshman year next to those two.

    The remaining lines(4!) played well. I thought the 4th line of Lambdin, Goodsir and Kamer made things happen.

    I did not notice Nodler and Jagger too much but I tend to lose focus and just follow the action as opposed to watching individual players.

    I still really like Stachowiak. I hope his presence on the 5th line tonight is not an indication that he will be relegated to a a backup role. Heís got energy, some skill and throws the body around.

    Both goalies played well.

    Power play: meh; penalty kill: Pretty good.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •