Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    I definitely agree with that first statement. I think over time we're seeing the results of Danton putting his stamp on the program.

We've been so close with Notre Dame this year I'm wondering if this team can put it all together and get that luck going our way.

Go Green!
    Well, not yet.

We just can’t score on these guys.

Comment

• Re: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
      Well, not yet.

We just can’t score on these guys.
      Boys played there ashes off tonight. Tenacious defensively, but stifled offensively. Up against a great goalie but guys that block a ton of shots in front of him.

Now we hold our collective breaths.

Comment

What if Danton can find the 2019-20 a nice transfer?

Taro Hirose to Toronto?

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
          What if Danton can find the 2019-20 a nice transfer?

Taro Hirose to Toronto?
          Yes, he is the one player expected to leave early. So looks like room for a dman and 3 forwards. Best future players are in the 2020 class....

Comment

Taro Hirose has signed a 2 year entry level deal with the Detroit Red Wings.

Comment

Happy for him. Sad we won't get to see him at Munn again.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                Happy for him. Sad we won't get to see him at Munn again.
                Pretty neat he went to Detroit, though.

Anyways, completely expected. Eyes on Khodorenko. I think he’ll leave but if we retain him then it will be huge.

Comment

I'm not sure Khodorenko skates well enough for the NHL yet, though his playmaking and hockey sense should get him a serious look. Hopefully he stays for his senior year, but a chance to play for a last place team again may not be too enticing. Without Hirose this team just got significantly worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by spartyon58 View Post
                    I'm not sure Khodorenko skates well enough for the NHL yet, though his playmaking and hockey sense should get him a serious look. Hopefully he stays for his senior year, but a chance to play for a last place team again may not be too enticing. Without Hirose this team just got significantly worse.
                    Hearing they will be bringing Nodler in a year early....if true we’ll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                      Hearing they will be bringing Nodler in a year early....if true we’ll be fine.
                      Not sure I'd characterize things as fine. Bringing Nodler in early is certainly a good start, but it hardly compensates for losing an NHL-ready player in Hirose, and presumably Afanasyev. Make no mistake, Cole's still got a lot of work to do on the 2019-2020 incoming class to be more competitive than we were this season.

Comment

What about Lewandowski are you guys expecting him back? I would think he comes back for one more.

Comment

Fully expecting him back. Personally Hirose is the only one I expected to leave. Khodorenko is the only other with rumors attached.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                            What about Lewandowski are you guys expecting him back? I would think he comes back for one more.
                            Because of his size, Lewandowski is likely a 4 year player.

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                              Yes, he is the one player expected to leave early. So looks like room for a dman and 3 forwards. Best future players are in the 2020 class....
                              Yes it appears that the 2019-20 incoming are big, while the 2020-21's are talented. Chomping at the bit to see the latter!

Comment

Originally posted by spartyon58 View Post
                                IIRC, the entire KHL line was getting a hard look. I still think there's a coin-flip chance we'll lose Lewandowski and Khodorenko, but no recent news is probably good news.

On the bright side, MSU is probably in a position of late-cycle recruiting strength with the losses of Hirose and Afanasyev. I'm guessing there are two full scholarships there.
                                Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                                66 - 86 - 07
                                59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Working...
                                X