Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

Well, there’s not much left on the itinerary before we’re shut down for the summer save for schedule/freshman signing announcements. Hopefully there will be no notable roster news to discuss in the coming months.

But anyone have an idea of what the non con schedule will look like? ASU and Cornell at home, I believe? That right there tops last season’s stinker of a home non con. We traveling to NMU? We seem to like home and homes with Ferris these days.

Comment

Hard to get too excited about 15 year olds, but this is a good one.

https://mihockey.com/2019/04/recruit...ichigan-state/

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
        Hard to get too excited about 15 year olds, but this is a good one.

https://mihockey.com/2019/04/recruit...ichigan-state/
        LOL NZ says he committed to "Michigan" no less than 3 times. Which is it hahaha?

https://***********/_Neutral_Zone/st...30620084969473

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
          LOL NZ says he committed to "Michigan" no less than 3 times. Which is it hahaha?

https://***********/_Neutral_Zone/st...30620084969473
          Max’s twitter says MSU...his brother went the OHL route so we’ll see if he stays committed to college. Regardless, Great to see blue chippers giving verbals.

Comment

Max’s twitter says MSU...his brother went the OHL route so we’ll see if he stays committed to college. Regardless, Great to see blue chippers giving verbals.
            Looks like NZ corrected the announcement tweet, but not the accompanying excerpt, which still says "Michigan" twice LOL

https://***********/_Neutral_Zone/st...34185478549504

Gotta love Neutral Zone, always trying to fit their narrative But I digress and agree with you: Great get for MSU hockey!

Comment

Mr. Namestnikov has quite the hockey pedigree - including father (NHL's Rangers). Each MSU coach seems to have had blue-chippers, and each their share who've bolted for the OHL (Comley's Duschene, Anastos' Josh Bailey, Cole's Afanasyev), so the fact remains the trick is to enroll them at this here institution.
              Last edited by owslachief; 04-29-2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                Well, there’s not much left on the itinerary before we’re shut down for the summer save for schedule/freshman signing announcements. Hopefully there will be no notable roster news to discuss in the coming months.

But anyone have an idea of what the non con schedule will look like? ASU and Cornell at home, I believe? That right there tops last season’s stinker of a home non con. We traveling to NMU? We seem to like home and homes with Ferris these days.
                WCHA schedule released today. As expected we play at NMU. No other WCHA team is on our schedule. So...There is a series against a different team than last year to be announced.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                  WCHA schedule released today. As expected we play at NMU. No other WCHA team is on our schedule. So...There is a series against a different team than last year to be announced.
                  24 conference games
                  2 vs Cornell
                  2 vs ASU
                  2 at NMU
                  2 GLI

Technically Cornell and ASU are tentative but we all seem confident on those. No Alaska trips with the WCHA out, which also means no Ferris or BG. I think WMU already came out with their schedule, but if they haven’t the rumors sound like Michigan rather than us on the schedule. I believe the exemption tournaments have already been announced as well which leaves us with just one series left.

I think it would be cool to bring Army or Air Force in for a series.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    24 conference games
                    2 vs Cornell
                    2 vs ASU
                    2 at NMU
                    2 GLI

Technically Cornell and ASU are tentative but we all seem confident on those. No Alaska trips with the WCHA out, which also means no Ferris or BG. I think WMU already came out with their schedule, but if they haven’t the rumors sound like Michigan rather than us on the schedule. I believe the exemption tournaments have already been announced as well which leaves us with just one series left.

I think it would be cool to bring Army or Air Force in for a series.
                    That would be cool. I actually hope we pull in a weak AHA or ECAC team or something. We tend to err towards difficult non-cons over the years and then we end up struggling to get to .500 by Christmas break. Let’s take a page out of PSU’s book and schedule some games we be all accounts should win.

Comment

Forgot to mention that captains for next year have been named.

Saliba and Apap will wear C’s while Rosberg and Khodorenko will wear A’s. While Appleton did leave after being named Captain I take this as a good sign that Khodorenko intends to stick around.

Comment

Colorado College is the final series, provided we're seeing Cornell and ASU at Munn.

Schedule should be:

vs Arizona State x2
                        vs Cornell x2
                        at Colorado College x2
                        at Northern Michigan x2
                        vs Tech (GLI)
                        vs Ferris/Michigan (GLI)
                        vs/at Michigan x4 (2 Munn/1 Yost/1 LCA)
                        vs/at Minnesota x 4
                        vs/at Notre Dame x4
                        vs/at Ohio State x4
                        vs/at Penn State x4
                        vs/at Wisconsin x4

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          Colorado College is the final series, provided we're seeing Cornell and ASU at Munn.

Schedule should be:

vs Arizona State x2
                          vs Cornell x2
                          at Colorado College x2
                          at Northern Michigan x2
                          vs Tech (GLI)
                          vs Ferris/Michigan (GLI)
                          vs/at Michigan x4 (2 Munn/1 Yost/1 LCA)
                          vs/at Minnesota x 4
                          vs/at Notre Dame x4
                          vs/at Ohio State x4
                          vs/at Penn State x4
                          vs/at Wisconsin x4
                          Nice.

After I read this last night I had a vague memory of watching a game at Munn not involving MSU as a child. I remember the team with a tiger logo and cheering for them since Tigers were my favorite animal. I explored and found they lost to Michigan in a regional hosted at Munn in 1996. Pretty wild the random stuff that can stand out. That’s all i’ve got on Colorado College.

Anyways, that would be pretty cool if Munn could host regionals again. I’d go see whatever games were there.
                          Last edited by Pirateasaur; 05-14-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                            Nice.

After I read this last night I had a vague memory of watching a game at Munn not involving MSU as a child. I remember the team with a tiger logo and cheering for them since Tigers were my favorite animal. I explored and found they lost to Michigan in a regional hosted at Munn in 1996. Pretty wild the random stuff that can stand out. That’s all i’ve got on Colorado College.

Anyways, that would be pretty cool if Munn could host regionals again. I’d go see whatever games were there.
                            That CC-Skunk game was the final in Cincinnati, not at Munn. The Skunks played Minnesota for the right to advance from the regional in their only game at Munn in '96.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              That CC-Skunk game was the final in Cincinnati, not at Munn. The Skunks played Minnesota for the right to advance from the regional in their only game at Munn in '96.
                              Ah, you’re right. I checked again and it was an earlier game in the tournament where they played UMass Lowell at Munn. CC at Munn reunion in 2020 probably!

Anyways, we signed Jagger Joshua today. Thst’s probably it for forwards. Maybe we’ll bring in a D but it’s not a necessity. I would think that Cole would want to bring in more of his recruits to start balancing the classes but who knows. He’s been put in a fairly unfortunate numbers situation in that respect.

Comment

ASU says they’re coming here on October 25th and 26th. Football is also home to PSU on the 26th, so either they’re fully planning on a noon kickoff or that series is going to change to Thursday/Friday or Friday/Sunday.

That also means we’re keeping our conference bye week unless Cornell is coming post Christmas.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X