Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Also, I'd buy this house: https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...52_rect/13_zm/

edit: Scratch that. New plan: https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...02_rect/11_zm/
    Last edited by bigblue_dl; 10-23-2018, 12:26 PM.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Scarlet, when you have that kind of money, you don't buy a ticket and fly commercial. You call NetJets and you're in the air within 30 minutes.
      Yeah, but I'm frugal. It would be a first class ticket, though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Yeah, but I'm frugal. It would be a first class ticket, though!
        No babies on chartered flight.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

So I'm the only one that would put it in a shoebox on the top shelf of a closet? Huh.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            So I'm the only one that would put it in a shoebox on the top shelf of a closet? Huh.
            Wonder if I could get it all in $2 bills...
            I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              I think you would need at least 2 shoe boxes...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                I think you would need at least 2 shoe boxes...
                How small are his feet?
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

A $100 bill weighs about 1 gram. So if you got all of the 1.6B, thats over 35,000 pounds.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    A $100 bill weighs about 1 gram. So if you got all of the 1.6B, thats over 35,000 pounds.
                    The shelf is pretty sturdy. House was built in '27. They don't make them like they used to.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

On the plane, back to the grind in the am. Been a long vacation, but enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Therein lies the difference. I have no real interest in establishing a business.
                        Me too. Maybe it is my time of life but I would be much more interested in managing giving it where it would help.

Theoretically, if I won $700M, my goal would be to turn it into $2B. I would envision starting a company modeled after Berkshire Hathaway, and invest in, and/or buy other companies, and build a diverse business portfolio, in addition to stocks, bonds and real estate.
                        The thought of that - meh.

I haven't thought about all the shell game things except I wouldn't tell until I was set with a plan.
                        Would put $$ into trust for immediate family/extended family- I have <30 relatives (even counting 2nd cousins) at this point that I have contact with (and that is scraping the barrel. We don't reproduce. Of them 6 are in their 80s.
                        I like the idea of waiting a year or 2 before distributing
                        I would probably like to look for small charities- ones that work only on a local level- soup kitchens, shelters.
                        Think about doing something for Recovery houses- with wholistic approach- self care, training, family support, daycare etc.
                        Endow a few scholarships
                        Move the hell outta this town

With that much cash I think I would be less freaked if someone stole some. At that point it isn't like you are going to run out. I would be careful but I would try to not be paranoid about every person maybe taking something. (I know but I could afford to be lazy

Stack of 100$ give to people to distribute to folks they see who have a need. If they distribute they get more to give. If they don't- then that is it.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Me too. Maybe it is my time of life but I would be much more interested in managing giving it where it would help.

The thought of that - meh.

I haven't thought about all the shell game things except I wouldn't tell until I was set with a plan.
                          Would put $$ into trust for immediate family/extended family- I have <30 relatives (even counting 2nd cousins) at this point that I have contact with (and that is scraping the barrel. We don't reproduce. Of them 6 are in their 80s.
                          I like the idea of waiting a year or 2 before distributing
                          I would probably like to look for small charities- ones that work only on a local level- soup kitchens, shelters.
                          Think about doing something for Recovery houses- with wholistic approach- self care, training, family support, daycare etc.
                          Endow a few scholarships
                          Move the hell outta this town

With that much cash I think I would be less freaked if someone stole some. At that point it isn't like you are going to run out. I would be careful but I would try to not be paranoid about every person maybe taking something. (I know but I could afford to be lazy

Stack of 100$ give to people to distribute to folks they see who have a need. If they distribute they get more to give. If they don't- then that is it.
                          Giving it away? Meh.

Having that much capital to invest and play with would be exhilarating. Finding, researching, and vetting business ventures, then investing in promising ideas and business plans would be tons of fun.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Brother-in-law is a top estate planning attorney in MSP & despite his obvious flaw (packer fan) seeking advise from him would be a no brainer.
                            For the rest I'd take his advise.

My dream is to take the $5-$10 I didn't spend on lottery tickets and treat myself to a nice cappuccino and large dark roast tomorrow morning.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Giving it away? Meh.

Having that much capital to invest and play with would be exhilarating. Finding, researching, and vetting business ventures, then investing in promising ideas and business plans would be tons of fun.
                              mr les and lilnsl both had this reaction. I like more tangible things- if I do this I can see a physical change- If I donate locally and I see an immediate reward for that- yay. I get the whole strategizing thing being a challenge but that kind of stuff leaves me cold.

Comment

As far as holing up, I wouldn't do that until I actually went to verify the ticket. I'd continue to work my job, and use my days off for meetings with lawyers/financial guys, etc. Do nothing out of the ordinary. The day I walk into their office to get everything verified, I have a "go" bag and I'm gone for quite a while. Until that point, NO one outside of the previously mentioned contacts would know I won.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X