Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

We got notification that the company is giving us Christmas Eve Day as a holiday so that left me with one extra day to use or lose so I'm taking tomorrow off. I had planned to include the 24th as part of my remaining holidays anyway, but now that it's considered a company holiday, I had to find another day to use. This is the earliest they told us about it. Doesn't happen every year, but since the 24th is a Monday, it seems like a good idea. Working Monday-Wednesday next week then off till January 2.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Yesterday was my last day of work for the year. Since we get zero carryover.
      I have two days left to use so I planned that pretty dang well. Will probably take off next Friday and NYE. I have a spreadsheet to track/plan and I only mention it because I have a shiny new quarter that says you do, too.

I have to go to LA for a quick last minute trip next week, this should bump me to Gold next year on Delta so that's kind of cool, I guess. First time the old eagle has reached such vaunted heights....

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

No way, dx hates spreadsheets.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Evening, Lodge. Found out this morning that I'm still over my "carryover limit" for PTO for next year (40 hours), so basically told the boss to assign me days. Now I have this Fri off, and Xmas Eve/NYE off, also. Boss said I better hit him with a ton of days for next year, so this doesn't happen again. Note, this is not DHBoss. I'm guaranteed the summer Houghton trip, I made sure of that, since I have hotels booked already.

Get ready for about 15-20 Mondays' worth of requests to start. I will have about 5.5-6 weeks off for next year.
          THis post gave me flashbacks of not being able to get time off and made me a happy panda and grateful I am outta that place

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Comment

I heard some mention spreadsheets.

I ran here as fast as I could.

What did I miss?
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I heard some mention spreadsheets.

I ran here as fast as I could.

What did I miss?
              Ralph probably won't be far behind...
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I have 3 more flights, and then I am basically done until January.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  THis post gave me flashbacks of not being able to get time off and made me a happy panda and grateful I am outta that place

Good Afternoon Lodge!
                  It shouldn't be on mgmt to figure out how many days you have left. We earn per month, so we see our "projected balances" of PTO for the year, each month. I screwed up a little. I also don't like days off for no reason. Next year, I'll remedy that.

And so starts my 4 day weekend.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                        I have a spreadsheet to track/plan and I only mention it because I have a shiny new quarter that says you do, too.
                        What kind of enginerd would have such a thing?

Right now my vacation is easy to track. I don't have enough 'cause I started 3 months ago. Should make maternity leave (I mean....short term disability?) that much more interesting next year.

Good morning Lodge.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          It shouldn't be on mgmt to figure out how many days you have left. We earn per month, so we see our "projected balances" of PTO for the year, each month. I screwed up a little. I also don't like days off for no reason. Next year, I'll remedy that.

And so starts my 4 day weekend.
                          He changed his name!
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            He changed his name!
                            I did. This board was the first "social media" platform I joined, and all the others after that, I chose The Rube. Figured get them all in sync (minus Facebook).

Mornin', Lodge.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              I did. This board was the first "social media" platform I joined, and all the others after that, I chose The Rube. Figured get them all in sync (minus Facebook).

Mornin', Lodge.
                              Been thinking about the same. Worried people are confusing it with twitch.tv (video game/art/whatever livestreaming site.) I know, I know, my lawyers are on it.

(I don't livestream - I'd love to try it, but I wouldn't be up for the task of sustaining an audience over time. Even the medium-ish names put in serious effort, and I can't sustain that.)
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                                Been thinking about the same. Worried people are confusing it with twitch.tv (video game/art/whatever livestreaming site.) I know, I know, my lawyers are on it.

(I don't livestream - I'd love to try it, but I wouldn't be up for the task of sustaining an audience over time. Even the medium-ish names put in serious effort, and I can't sustain that.)
                                I just figured your name came from the South Park reference of "Twitch."

Comment

Working...
                                X