Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Who's Brent?
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      Who's Brent?
      He sounds like a jerkface.

(and love your sig line)
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        I thought you were going for self-deprecating humor.
        Well yeah, but the more Wisconsinite-types out there couldn't wrap their heads around the concept.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          True.

And I use a credit card, finally. Prob about 6-7 years ago (whenever I signed up for Netflix). Didn't realize that Netflix could be paid via bank account, and frankly, after my first vehicle loan, found that you needed a CC to establish credit for a loan, which I still think is BS. If I never HAD to borrow money, you would think I wouldn't make a purchase if I couldn't afford it. Common sense is not found in that aspect of the finance business.
          You're looking at the desire/need for a credit history based upon too limited of a scope. And there are multiple reasons as to why people of a certain age don't have credit histories, and the good reason usually isn't the one automobile financers incur in their dealings.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Also, remember that your credit score isn't simply a measure of how well you pay things back, it's how much they can make off you as well.
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              He sounds like a jerkface.

(and love your sig line)
              Thankfully you went with your twitter name, so that made it easy.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                Thankfully you went with your twitter name, so that made it easy.
                That was the whole point. Now, my GPL/Untappd/Tweeter and now USCHO are all the same for the most part (I don't really count the numerical ending I had to use on Untapped/Tweeter for the @s).
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

My brother used American Airlines miles for his red-eye flight home (to use them up). Was supposed to take off last night at 9:30pm and arrive at 6:30am. He was going to take the Logan Express bus to Woburn, which is north-ish/west-ish of Boston. My mom was going to drive there to pick him up so she didn't have to drive all the way to Boston. then the weather forecast happened. I was texting with him and talking with her - I didn't want her on the road by herself in a morning commute made even worse by bad weather, leaving my dad at home alone (see previous post on his back issues). I told him if he talked to mom and it was too gross for her to drive, take an Uber to my place and take my car. I don't need it till Wednesday. Just an option.

Woke up this morning to 8 text messages from him and one from my mom. He got on the plane, they pulled away from the gate. Pulled over, turned around and went back to the gate. Pilot said because they didn't get airborne in time, he legally can't fly them to the east coast because he'd be over his hours. Re-scheduled for 2am departure time. Which never happened. Delayed it to 6am, sent everyone to an airport hotel for a few hours, had to wake up at 4am to get back to the airport. That was delayed till 8am. Got on board at 5:45am for a revised on time departure! Pulled away from gate. Turned the plane around to go back to the gate. Everyone had to get off - mechanical issue. Had to get a new aircraft. Plane with new 8am departure. Got on board at 7:30. Pulled away from gate. Taxi all the way to a remote section of the airport and stopped. Because so many people had gotten off to re-book other flights, they had to reconfigure weight, etc. Unreal! Finally airborne at 9:15am LA time. I would imagine that's the last time he's going to fly American.

I had plans to have a Christmas dinner tonight with friends at hottie bartender's bar even though hottie bartender doesn't work on Monday nights. One friend called to cancel because she's sick. Boo. But now, I can go get him and drive him up to the 'rents so mom doesn't have to deal with rush hour traffic.

Comment

Had to fly into LAX today, god I hate that airport.
                    Home Wed from SNA, which is short for sanity.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

I go to pick him up, went to the cell phone lot to wait. He had texted me at 5:10 that they touched down and were on the tarmac. I left my place, hit a bit of traffic, got there about 5:50. Texted him I was there, asked if he was off the plane. There wasn’t a gate assigned so I thought they might be stuck on the plane for a bit. He texted back he was at baggage claim waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And they were finally told that their luggage never made it onto the new flight. How does that happen??? Especially since they had to reconfigure the weight before they took off.

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Stumbled across a problem tonight. My aunt, the person who recently moved to NC, but had to fly back this week to close the deal on all business/home papers, was hacked on FB tonight.
                        1. Friend request, then request cancelled, then re-instated
                        2. Sent a private message about how my weekend went. Slight typo, nothing outrageous.

Both of those did NOT fit her pattern for FBing. Called her up, and apparently, she was currently having dinner with my uncle at the time, and not using internet, and mentioned having issues with FB. Told her how to fix everything, seems that the issues started just before her flight back this afternoon. She's basically on FB once a month at best. In the end, probably saved her a ton of additional headaches, with the whole transition of things that is going on. Still, a PITA. She flat out said she probably wouldn't have figured it out if I hadn't called; would have blamed it on her phone.

Comment

Working...
                        X