Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 198 - A New Season Begins...

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Let us hope is is not Tuesday for real! I have a train to catch.
    I don't think that lil can run that fast,
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Let us hope is is not Tuesday for real!
      Apparently it is. Back in August when I was down here in our Plano office for a site visit, I recall saying to our event producers "We should plan to come down Monday afternoon/evening so we can spend Tuesday doing set up for our event on Wednesday that begins at 11am. And in case weather is bad Monday, we have a day built in. And if weather is bad Tuesday, we're already here." I booked my travel, flew down last night. Was only delayed about an hour. Other person on my team and the two event producers from our agency that were going to oversee set up today flew out this morning at 7am. And now they're stuck in Houston because of crazy rain here. So now it looks it will all fall to me to manage set up for this huge event on my own. Because I'm apparently the only one that thinks about things like weather. I'm really annoyed. And they better get here.

Comment

Tuesday it is then!
        Made the train. Cool to be able to watch the scenery go by. I feel like a teenager who is going to a slumber party!

Comment

Tuesday it is then!
          Made the train. Cool to be able to watch the scenery go by. I feel like a teenager who is going to a slumber party!
          In recent years, I have been taking the train between DC and NYC rather than flying. With having to get to airports early, the time difference isn't that great and the train is much more comfortable -- and the babies don't cry as much.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The three people I was waiting for showed up about 6pm. I felt so bad for them. It was beautiful here when they got here. It was pretty miserable all day. Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice. Here’s hoping the event goes well.

So, here’s some potential fun news. My boss texted me yesterday to ask if I was available to go to Dublin next month. We’re sponsoring a women’s leadership conference there. She’s going to be there and needs another body. I may be able to swing staying in Ireland for the Friendship Four when BU is there. I decided not to go because of the airfare cost but now if I can get work to pay for it, I don’t mind paying for the package. It will mean being away from November 7 through November 25 though. Oh, I need to be in Austin November 7-10, then fly to Dublin November 10. Conference ends November 14. Instead of flying home on the 15th, I’d stay. The package for the hockey trip starts Sunday. I may do something like got to London the 15th through 18th. That would all be on my dime, but work could pay for my flight home. Hopefully will hear soon so I can make my plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              The three people I was waiting for showed up about 6pm. I felt so bad for them. It was beautiful here when they got here. It was pretty miserable all day. Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice. Here’s hoping the event goes well.

So, here’s some potential fun news. My boss texted me yesterday to ask if I was available to go to Dublin next month. We’re sponsoring a women’s leadership conference there. She’s going to be there and needs another body. I may be able to swing staying in Ireland for the Friendship Four when BU is there. I decided not to go because of the airfare cost but now if I can get work to pay for it, I don’t mind paying for the package. It will mean being away from November 7 through November 25 though. Oh, I need to be in Austin November 7-10, then fly to Dublin November 10. Conference ends November 14. Instead of flying home on the 15th, I’d stay. The package for the hockey trip starts Sunday. I may do something like got to London the 15th through 18th. That would all be on my dime, but work could pay for my flight home. Hopefully will hear soon so I can make my plans.
              Whoa -- that sounds awesome! Fingers crossed!!

Comment

Had a talk with my immediate boss today, we both came away with something productive. A little on edge at times (a warehouse convo, YOU DON'T SAY!), but it was good overall. He trusts my decisions, just wants to understand them. I feel the same. Different philosophies, is all. Dunno if it'll get better, but at least we get each other's thinking.

What caused this was yesterday's fiasco, when we had 2 extra shuttle runs to the main building after the general 5:15 deadline. My job is rated 1.5 persons. I had no one to help until 5pm. What did you think was going to happen? I'm good, not God.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s'upp y'all

nice. learning the 'mookie way'
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Honestly, my Dad and I had such a great time at the Friendship Four last year. Let me know if you go and I can give you some tips for things to see/do.

Comment

Sláinte!!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Mornin’ Lodge.

Sounds like an awesome opportunity, Scarlet, I hope it all works out!!

I presume you got your seats through BU for this weekend?
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Late again.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                              Mornin’ Lodge.

Sounds like an awesome opportunity, Scarlet, I hope it all works out!!

I presume you got your seats through BU for this weekend?
                              I did! Heading to MN from here (I’m in Plano, TX right now) tomorrow. Staying in St Paul and going to the Wild game. Friday morning I head to Mankato.

Comment

I did! Heading to MN from here (I’m in Plano, TX right now) tomorrow. Staying in St Paul and going to the Wild game. Friday morning I head to Mankato.
                                I’ll be at the Wild game as well.

Safe travels! See you this weekend!
                                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                                X