Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 766

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

  1. #641
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellesley Hills MA
    Posts
    431

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    KP sure looked like Bruce Racine in 1988 tonight. It was so ugly I left after the 5th Big Red goal. Still it was a great season, but as I suspected KP will likely be gone and I think his head tonight may have been in the pros not in the Dunkin Donuts Center. Anyway we can't complain it was a great season and a terrific run for the Seniors. Still this is 6 stright NCAA's without a win and this is the ugliest NCAA loss I have seen. Now the real rebuiling starts! We will see you all in October. Have a great Spring and Summer.

  2. #642
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    42,380

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    tsk tsk tsk

  3. #643
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,938

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by RossiRules View Post
    KP sure looked like Bruce Racine in 1988 tonight. It was so ugly I left after the 5th Big Red goal. Still it was a great season, but as I suspected KP will likely be gone and I think his head tonight may have been in the pros not in the Dunkin Donuts Center. Anyway we can't complain it was a great season and a terrific run for the Seniors. Still this is 6 stright NCAA's without a win and this is the ugliest NCAA loss I have seen. Now the real rebuiling starts! We will see you all in October. Have a great Spring and Summer.
    Well according to collegehockeynews.com, Primeau will be signing a deal with Montreal in the next few days.

  4. #644
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellesley Hills MA
    Posts
    431

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Well according to collegehockeynews.com, Primeau will be signing a deal with Montreal in the next few days.
    I figured...however he let in a few of the softest goals I have ever seen, hopefully he is ready for the bigs. Time will tell, he just reminds me alot of Bruce and well we know how that turned out!

  5. #645
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by RossiRules View Post
    I figured...however he let in a few of the softest goals I have ever seen, hopefully he is ready for the bigs. Time will tell, he just reminds me alot of Bruce and well we know how that turned out!
    Congrats to Huskies on great season. I know you all feel disgruntled as you came up short. But your program is great and deserves congratulations. I wish our own program could be run as well.

  6. #646
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,122
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    tsk tsk tsk
    ha, chimes the loser from nowhere ville
    actually, decent season for us, tsk, thx

  7. #647
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,517

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Surprised Primeau is leaving. Usually you get a 3rd year like Demko, Woll, Oettinger.

  8. #648
    All Hail
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,539

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    If losing to Cornell wasn't bad enough, now comes news that Montreal robbed the cradle and signed Cayden Primeau to a pro contract.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

  9. #649
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Surprised Primeau is leaving. Usually you get a 3rd year like Demko, Woll, Oettinger.
    timing is everything with the young ones today.. his side prob felt they (he) developed enough at the coll level and can go help the Laval Rockets rest of this season.. (prob Montreal felt the same), then start his contract in full with the Habs nxt season. Just speculation on my part but sure looks like that what they are thinking.
    Thanks CP, all the best to you.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

  10. #650
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    132

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    So it sounds like CP is leaving, he has been the best goalie in NU history these past 2 years, I am surprised that he is leaving but such is college hockey today. He has been the backbone of the team and they got here because of him, but I will say that I am pretty upset with him. He completely **** the bed tonight, worst game he has played in years here. 3 very soft goals and you could probably say 4 very savable. As I am sitting there in the stands saying to myself that I cannot believe I will not be coming back tomorrow I think about how CP picked the worst time to have his worst game as a husky. Then to find out 15 minutes after the game that he has/will be signing and he is done, now it makes sense, he has by far hi worst game cause his head was in Montreal not here. He let the team down tonight, no other way to look at it, he carried them so many times throughout the season, but tonight he let them down, all because he wants to go play in the AHL.
    What else could it be, the first goal? How bad was that one? He makes the save in his sleep, it didn't beat him, it went through him. The warp around, that just being lazy, the 4th goal, does n';t control the rebound. You never see this out of him, his head was elsewhere and that sucks! Sucks for his teammates, sucks for all the fans. CP, you were the greatest goalie in NU history, NU name is on the beanpot the last 2 years cause of you, the HE championship trophy is here because of you, but tonight you **** the bed, and the reason for it sucks! If you just **** the bed cause it was just a bad night, that would be OK, everyone has a bad night, but that is not what happened. You need to take advantage of opportunities, and as Nu fans we know they do not come around all the time, tonight we lost one. It was lost of he wrong reasons.

  11. #651
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,734

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Jeff Cox mentioned NU is supposedly bringing in grad transfer Craig Pantano so I guess there's your starter in goal next year? JM needs to get going on finding the next 2-3 year starter.

    2018-2019 was a very, very good season for the Northeastern Huskies.

    March 30th, 2019 was a very, very bad day for the Northeastern Huskies.

    Hopefully we don't have to wait too long to get another crack in the NCAA's.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018 and 2019 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS


    MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

  12. #652
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,326
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryP66 View Post
    So it sounds like CP is leaving, he has been the best goalie in NU history these past 2 years, I am surprised that he is leaving but such is college hockey today. He has been the backbone of the team and they got here because of him, but I will say that I am pretty upset with him. He completely **** the bed tonight, worst game he has played in years here. 3 very soft goals and you could probably say 4 very savable. As I am sitting there in the stands saying to myself that I cannot believe I will not be coming back tomorrow I think about how CP picked the worst time to have his worst game as a husky. Then to find out 15 minutes after the game that he has/will be signing and he is done, now it makes sense, he has by far hi worst game cause his head was in Montreal not here. He let the team down tonight, no other way to look at it, he carried them so many times throughout the season, but tonight he let them down, all because he wants to go play in the AHL.
    What else could it be, the first goal? How bad was that one? He makes the save in his sleep, it didn't beat him, it went through him. The warp around, that just being lazy, the 4th goal, does n';t control the rebound. You never see this out of him, his head was elsewhere and that sucks! Sucks for his teammates, sucks for all the fans. CP, you were the greatest goalie in NU history, NU name is on the beanpot the last 2 years cause of you, the HE championship trophy is here because of you, but tonight you **** the bed, and the reason for it sucks! If you just **** the bed cause it was just a bad night, that would be OK, everyone has a bad night, but that is not what happened. You need to take advantage of opportunities, and as Nu fans we know they do not come around all the time, tonight we lost one. It was lost of he wrong reasons.
    Primeau was absolute trash during the game at Providence this year with similar bad goals allowed on savable shots.

  13. #653
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Primeau was absolute trash during the game at Providence this year with similar bad goals allowed on savable shots.
    Trash.

  14. #654
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,326
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Trash.
    Yea this second goal was the one I remembered https://friars.com/news/2019/1/25/mens-ice-hockey-shorthanded-goals-propel-no-14-mens-hockey-to-4-1-win-over-no-8-northeastern.aspx

  15. #655
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Yea this second goal was the one I remembered https://friars.com/news/2019/1/25/mens-ice-hockey-shorthanded-goals-propel-no-14-mens-hockey-to-4-1-win-over-no-8-northeastern.aspx
    Canít be happy enough your team is playing tomorrow. Complete trash.

  16. #656
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,734
    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Primeau was absolute trash during the game at Providence this year with similar bad goals allowed on savable shots.
    If he struggles when he plays @ the PBruins we'll really know the Providence flu is real for CP.

  17. #657
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    227

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Anybody want four tickets for tomorrow? I'm the moron that bought Sunday tickets by accident when intending to buy Saturday, and now I obviously have no use for them nor the ability to re-sell through Ticketmaster. First to inbox me their Ticketmaster e-mail/account gets them transferred to their account tomorrow (assuming I get over my hangover early enough to get online and transfer them).

    Such an awful way to end a season where the team exceeded expectations. The team obviously didn't show up, including Davies who was more concerned with carrying the puck rather than playing defense, and Primeau who was seeing dollar signs from his pending contract for most of the game rather than fulfill his commitment to the team.
    On Jamie Oleksiak:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokydad View Post
    If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

  18. #658
    The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,765
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Canít be happy enough your team is playing tomorrow. Complete trash.
    Exlaxís team is UHN.

  19. #659
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Savannah GA
    Posts
    5,010
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    One last hurdle for you guys to get over. This one is a stunner.
    Absolutely, couldnít believe that was NU I was watching .

  20. #660
    All Hail
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,539

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryP66 View Post
    ...CP picked the worst time to have his worst game as a husky...now it makes sense, he has by far his worst game cause his head was in Montreal not here...
    I'm finding myself feeling very conflicted about CP's unexpected signing. On the one hand, I certainly don't want to begrudge the kid his shot at the show; on the other, there's a lot of cold truth in the above quote. The move obviously had a bad effect on the rest of the team. No other plausible explanation for the otherwise unexplainable listless and uninspired play.

    One more reason to loath and despise the Montreal Canadiens.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •