Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 771

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

  1. #601
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,652

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    no mookie.. er blackI we in Prov, RI.
    Lol. He would never want to meet me.

  2. #602
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    132

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Not to jump ahead, but has anyone seen time for Sunday?

  3. #603
    Go 'cats!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,574

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryP66 View Post
    Not to jump ahead, but has anyone seen time for Sunday?
    https://www.collegehockeynews.com/sc...?date=20190328
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

  4. #604
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,123

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryP66 View Post
    Not to jump ahead, but has anyone seen time for Sunday?
    i believe i read somewhere gm time is Sun 4pm.. so hoping for a regular 60 min gm Sat (and positive outcome)

    (and also hoping that earlier Sat 1pm gm does not go over much either!)
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

  5. #605
    All Hail
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,539

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    1. Congrats.
    2. Good luck.
    1. Thank.
    2. You.

    Classy post from a BC partisan. Much appreciated.

    BTW, I like both the opening draw (Cornell) and location. Should be a great turnout by the NU fanbase considering Providence is an easy (and cheap) car/bus/train ride from both the Boston and NYC metro areas.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

  6. #606
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Christchurch New Zealand
    Posts
    180

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Good luck to you guys, hoping you make it to the FF!
    Boston University CAS'88

    GO BU!

  7. #607
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,652

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    i believe i read somewhere gm time is Sun 4pm.. so hoping for a regular 60 min gm Sat (and positive outcome)

    (and also hoping that earlier Sat 1pm gm does not go over much either!)
    You really disrespected me by confusing me with "mookie".

    I am a scientist. He isn't. He is a marketing type.

    Please don't confuse us anymore.

  8. #608
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,123

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by Split-N View Post
    1. Thank.
    2. You.

    Classy post from a BC partisan. Much appreciated.

    BTW, I like both the opening draw (Cornell) and location. Should be a great turnout by the NU fanbase considering Providence is an easy (and cheap) car/bus/train ride from both the Boston and NYC metro areas.
    We better have a good showing there. Last year in Worcester vs Michigan was awesome atmosphere. Great showing by NU fans. Let's repeat & then some!

    Btw, Cornell fans travel well. I was at the NU-Cornell women's hockey NCAA gm & for that.. great representation of Cornell fans as well. Loud & cheerful. I am hoping men can continue play some sound hockey & avenge the women's NCAA loss to the Big Red (great gm by both teams, 1 g gm that went to OT). Here's hoping for another good one with a little Husky payback to go along. We're due! Go NU
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

  9. #609
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,652

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    We better have a good showing there. Last year in Worcester vs Michigan was awesome atmosphere. Great showing by NU fans. Let's repeat & then some!

    Btw, Cornell fans travel well. I was at the NU-Cornell women's hockey NCAA gm & for that.. great representation of Cornell fans as well. Loud & cheerful. I am hoping men can continue play some sound hockey & avenge the women's NCAA loss to the Big Red (great gm by both teams, 1 g gm that went to OT). Here's hoping for another good one with a little Husky payback to go along. We're due! Go NU
    Yah, you better have a good showing or else I will kick your arse over your shoulderblades.

  10. #610
    My bad.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southie
    Posts
    2,601

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by Split-N View Post
    1. Thank.
    2. You.

    Classy post from a BC partisan. Much appreciated.

    BTW, I like both the opening draw (Cornell) and location. Should be a great turnout by the NU fanbase considering Providence is an easy (and cheap) car/bus/train ride from both the Boston and NYC metro areas.
    Providence is a nice place for NCAA Hockey tournaments. You avoided the dreaded Friday games and got the later game so if you don't care about game 1 you can pregame nicely in downtown Providence. Cornell will bring some fans for sure.

    It's very wide open. Not a lot of scary teams. NU is a solid team with a solid goalie, not that crazy to consider them a decent shot at the title.
    Quote Originally Posted by reBlur View Post
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

  11. #611
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,652

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    Providence is a nice place for NCAA Hockey tournaments. You avoided the dreaded Friday games and got the later game so if you don't care about game 1 you can pregame nicely in downtown Providence. Cornell will bring some fans for sure.

    It's very wide open. Not a lot of scary teams. NU is a solid team with a solid goalie, not that crazy to consider them a decent shot at the title.
    Alright give your phone number. Sheet.

  12. #612
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,123

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    take on each regional (with gm times, tv, coaches take, etc). good read done by chn:

    https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ment-First.php
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

  13. #613
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brighton, MA
    Posts
    1,334

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    "Never tell me the odds"

    https://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

  14. #614
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,328

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    No love for your Club Team? A friend of mine, Chris Caswell, plays on the team that’s why I’ve been following them.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

  15. #615
    Ever True since '92
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Some New England rink or another
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Anyone know what section(s) have been allotted to NU fans? I might go just for kicks and I want to sit as far from the Cornell fans as possible.

  16. #616
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,123
    Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    No love for your Club Team? A friend of mine, Chris Caswell, plays on the team thatís why Iíve been following them.
    all the best to them!

  17. #617
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,123
    all the best this weekend. GO NU

  18. #618
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,885

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Go huskies!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  19. #619
    Go 'cats!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,574

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Go huskies!!!!!!!!
    +1. Wish y'all were in Manch.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

  20. #620
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    718

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Go huskies!!!!!!!!
    Thanks. It's nice to get support from fellow HEA fans. But for a couple of bounces and inches, your guys might be still playing. They'll bounce back!

    Cornell should be a real challenge. We haven't played them for since the 2011 NCAA disaster when Theisen gave up a softie with ~18 seconds left. He then joined the Penguins as they won the Stanley Cup. I can't remember the last time we beat them. We return with a stronger goalie to face a program that puts a quality team on the ice every year. They are coached by former (tough-as-nails) defenseman, hence the emphasis on a strong D.

    In in the first game, I have to root for PC. Unfortunately, my Huskies have had all kinds of difficulty matching up with the Friars. Let's hope that we get the chance to get both monkeys packing.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •