Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 799

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Section 105 in the Tsongas Center.
    Posts
    372

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Do they serve beer at Matthews?

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,131

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishhawk View Post
    Do they serve beer at Matthews?
    yes, towards the zamboni end.. walk up the stairs to the varsity club, there is a cash bar in there. they have tvs in there as well so you wont miss the on ice in case the glass window is crowded. hope this helps
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Section 105 in the Tsongas Center.
    Posts
    372

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    yes, towards the zamboni end.. walk up the stairs to the varsity club, there is a cash bar in there. they have tvs in there as well so you wont miss the on ice in case the glass window is crowded. hope this helps
    Thanks and good luck with Union.

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellesley Hills MA
    Posts
    431

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Kind of bummed to miss my 1st home opener since 1984 as I recover from open heart surgery. Gave my seats to some co-op students in my office and hope to be cleared for the BU series. Anyway, 10 goals from an array of new faces was a great take away last week, however Union will be a test. Go Huskies!

  5. #45
    Beanpot or Bust
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    432

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Great start for the Huskies. Good possession and a couple goals early.

    Camera work is a little wavy. Hopefully no one gets seasick watching xstream

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,131
    there's a reason the 2 goal lead is the worst lead in hockey.. kudos to Union for solving that; then solving the 3-2 deficit & finishing in OT.

    Regroup & let's try this again with 60 minute effort tomorrow. Go NU

  7. #47
    Beanpot or Bust
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    432

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Tough one. I thought we were the better team through 2 periods. Union really played well in the 3rd.

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brighton, MA
    Posts
    1,343

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Its super annoying to watch them not be able to come away with a win when they were clearly the better team. Outshot then by a wide margin, dominated the first and the third, just couldnt finish breakaways or chance in close.

    Players I noticed in a good way- Tyler Madden, Pec, Picking, Solow, Filipe, Murphy

    In a not good way- Williams (Three penalties? Two? Need to cut that out), Davies (still not great pinching and causes a lot of turnovers. Some wicked dangles offensively though), Hawkins (lots of hard angle shots rather than regular shots, need to keep firing but also give himself a chance to score), Plevy (really just seems invisible so far)

    If they play like they did last night again, I believe theyll get the win. And honestly a split against union was always a reasonable expectation.

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,734

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Agree with NU Husky's assessment...one player I'd add to the "good" list...Schultz. I've liked his game a lot so far, he seems faster and more dangerous with the puck this year. Man is Filipe snakebitten or what? If I remember correctly, Steve Quailer had a stretch like that where he seemingly had 2-3 grade A's a game but the puck just wouldn't go in the net.

    My one big picture thought: this group of forwards looks better overall than I thought they would out of the gate. Madden and Pec have been a big part of that, but many guys have had impressive moments. Last year we gave up 2.09 goals per game. If we do that again, we'll have enough scoring to win a lot of games, something I wasn't sure about before the season.

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    390

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    It's great that so many games are on NESN or NESN+
    However, depressing to see so many empty seats
    Tough to get anywhere in boston on Friday but given the choice how many opt to watch on TV
    While games were previously streamed many did not know about this option
    Pretty easy to find games streamed or on TV and college hockey has an attendance problem in many places

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brighton, MA
    Posts
    1,343

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Agree with NU Husky's assessment...one player I'd add to the "good" list...Schultz. I've liked his game a lot so far, he seems faster and more dangerous with the puck this year. Man is Filipe snakebitten or what? If I remember correctly, Steve Quailer had a stretch like that where he seemingly had 2-3 grade A's a game but the puck just wouldn't go in the net.

    My one big picture thought: this group of forwards looks better overall than I thought they would out of the gate. Madden and Pec have been a big part of that, but many guys have had impressive moments. Last year we gave up 2.09 goals per game. If we do that again, we'll have enough scoring to win a lot of games, something I wasn't sure about before the season.
    Definitely +1 on Schultz, totally forgot to add him. He has impressed me a lot this year. Seems like he gets a breakaway at least once per game with his speed
    "Never tell me the odds"

    https://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    340

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Biggest stop of the game was when Picking got robbed and NU wasn't able to go up 3-0. After that, some soft NU coverage and some good use of Union's size advantage led to a close loss.

  13. #53
    All Hail
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,564

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by DLG View Post
    It's great that so many games are on NESN or NESN+ ... However, depressing to see so many empty seats...
    The empty seat problem is not unique to NU or Matthews, or even to college hockey. And it's affecting the pros too. (Just read a story that management at the brand new Detroit arena is changing the seatback colors from red to black so they're not so noticeable on television). It's a new day and a new way for millenials who prefer to sit at home and eat delivery food while doing social media, music/video streaming, and video gaming, among other things.

    Sports marketing types will tell you that the money in this new age comes from sponsorships, media rights, etc., and that butts in the seats is no longer a major part of the calculus.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,131

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Definitely +1 on Schultz, totally forgot to add him. He has impressed me a lot this year. Seems like he gets a breakaway at least once per game with his speed
    taking the other side (as kids need to be held accountable a bit)..
    what i noticed in last night's OT was all 5 guys on one side of the net. When that puck came the other side.. all the Union F could do is pick up & put in the wide open net.
    Anyway, let's regroup tonight, three period effort & let's go Huskies!
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brighton, MA
    Posts
    1,343

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Davies out tonight. Upper body injury. Kislin makes his debut.

    Hawkins to the second line with Solow/Jozefek. Filipe to the top line with MAdden/Pecararo
    "Never tell me the odds"

    https://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,734
    Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Davies out tonight. Upper body injury. Kislin makes his debut.

    Hawkins to the second line with Solow/Jozefek. Filipe to the top line with MAdden/Pecararo
    (*Lots of four letter words I'm not allowed to write on this site) Hopefully Davies is back soon.

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,131
    the one from last night hurts tad bit more right now. we just blew that gm & would've taken the split.

    zilch is what we got. deserve it until team gets it together. nice wknd Union.

  18. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellesley Hills MA
    Posts
    431

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    the one from last night hurts tad bit more right now. we just blew that gm & would've taken the split.

    zilch is what we got. deserve it until team gets it together. nice wknd Union.
    Yeah, Zilch sucks and what we got is a good look at how we may struggle against top teams, can't say much except we will need to figure it out, granted I did expect a rebuilding kind of year as you can't let the kind of scoring power we had the last 2 seasons go out the door and not really have a real threat to score 40 pts on the bench. That said it will have to be a different kind of team, but it wont be too easy.

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    340

    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

    Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    taking the other side (as kids need to be held accountable a bit)..
    what i noticed in last night's OT was all 5 guys on one side of the net. When that puck came the other side.. all the Union F could do is pick up & put in the wide open net.
    Anyway, let's regroup tonight, three period effort & let's go Huskies!
    I saw that play the same way until I watched it in slow motion on the HE highlights site. All the Huskies and the Union player working his way to the front of the net were headed in that direction. The puck hit something and went the other way. It was just luck that #17 for Union was positioned to recover it easily.

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,131
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGuru View Post
    I saw that play the same way until I watched it in slow motion on the HE highlights site. All the Huskies and the Union player working his way to the front of the net were headed in that direction. The puck hit something and went the other way. It was just luck that #17 for Union was positioned to recover it easily.
    i'll check those highlights. anyway, to overcome a 2 g deficit then have that come their way.. the luck of the, er.. Dutchmen!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •