Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Stats that we found out this morning in our blog chat and late last night after the win

- With one more win this year, Madigan has averaged 20 wins a season since the 9 win team in his second year.
    - Madigan is 3rd all time in wins at NU (141), and has done so in half the time it took the #2 guy, Jim Bell, to reach his total (154, 15 years). Madigan will easily pass Bell, and if he sticks around long enough with the success he's had, will take a good shot at Fernie (255 wins, 19 seasons).
    - Brandon Hawkins got his 100th point last night
    - NU had 5 seasons of 20+ wins before Madigan (3 for Fernie, one for Crowder/Cronin each). Madigan has 20+ wins in 3 of the last 4 seasons.
    - Lincoln Griffin (7-12-19) and Paddy Schule (9-4-13) are in the midst of pretty nice senior season breakouts. Griffin is 7 points above his previous career high, while Schule is 4 points and 5 goals above his previous highs. Really have helped the NU scoring depth and have both scored massive goals this season.
    - Matt Filipe is 2nd in Hockey East in GWG
    - John Picking is first among centermen in faceoff %
    - Jeremy Davies in Hockey East play (21 games): 7-16-23. Cale Makar in Hockey EAst play: 6 goals, 24 points.
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

UNH recap: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...-sweep-of-unh/

Comment

• that Davies, Makar stat is eye opening. Just stay under the radar & keep working hard. Makar gets a lot of the attention (well deserved i'm sure as i enjoy watching him skate & make plays); but Davies.. he makes plays on his team with what we got.. keeper alright & just so glad to have him, especially with the league records & all.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
          - With one more win this year, Madigan has averaged 20 wins a season since the 9 win team in his second year.
          - Madigan is 3rd all time in wins at NU (141), and has done so in half the time it took the #2 guy, Jim Bell, to reach his total (154, 15 years). Madigan will easily pass Bell, and if he sticks around long enough with the success he's had, will take a good shot at Fernie (255 wins, 19 seasons).
          - NU had 5 seasons of 20+ wins before Madigan (3 for Fernie, one for Crowder/Cronin each). Madigan has 20+ wins in 3 of the last 4 seasons.
          - Lincoln Griffin (7-12-19) and Paddy Schule (9-4-13) are in the midst of pretty nice senior season breakouts. Griffin is 7 points above his previous career high, while Schule is 4 points and 5 goals above his previous highs. Really have helped the NU scoring depth and have both scored massive goals this season.
          - Jeremy Davies in Hockey East play (21 games): 7-16-23. Cale Makar in Hockey EAst play: 6 goals, 24 points.
          You can add to that list putting the hockey program on a sound, sustainable, long-term financial footing. A skillset no doubt picked up during his university development days.
          Last edited by Split-N; 02-24-2019, 05:13 PM.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
            Stats that we found out this morning in our blog chat and late last night after the win

I had cancelled my season tickets after Cronin left. When they announced Madigan I got then back. I love what he has done, his is the first coach that has truly changed the culture. He took a ton of heat when he got the job and those first 2 seasons. People used to talk about the Greg Cronin years like there was something there. They had a 26 game winning season, that was mainly because of Brad T in net. Then a couple of 6th place season which before Madigan we used to think were pretty good season. He was the right man for the job, and he has proved that many times over now.

Comment

• lets not forget Keefer, Smith & the awesome support cast as well with the program. Without the right parts, we may have well be taking past yrs & might have beens.. still.

Madigan deserves credit, as does that hockey support team we have going. Fingers crossed the recruits see/ keep seeing this & NU being a legit experience as any, for yrs to come. I think that has started to happen. That might be the biggest force multiplier.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

anyway all the love aside,
                got a big wknd (doubleheader) against the Eagles. They gave us fits in the 3rd period @ TD Garden. Everyone had to dig deep on fumes to come out of that one. Only positive was our play early & middle frame in that game. Third was tough to watch, except the very end. Hopefully team can/ will make some adjustments from that. With all their troubles, Eagles are a talented, speedy (and now very hungry) team. Yet hard work beats talent, when talent stops working hard. I still see a split wknd with both teams winning at home; but would be awesome for NU to take another one at the Heights. I just think BC is due. Hopefully my team can play with discipline & get pucks through traffic, let chips fall where they may. No stupid penalties, play 5x5 hockey, get pucks deep & go from there.

Awesome UNH wknd; different kind of team coming up. Wishing team a great week @ practice & solid couple gms heading into playoffs. Go Huskies
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

glad to see Pecararo get HEA player of the week, way to go (and wanted to post to get us back up from page 2).
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

BC preview http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...ver-wahlstrom/
                    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Somebody over on DHD wrote that, going into last Saturday's game vs UNH, NU needed to take six of the remaining eight possible regular season points in order to ensure home ice for the HEA playoffs and assure a spot in the NCAA regionals. Taking that at face value, NU has bagged the first two points. Now the task is to take four of the remaining six. On paper, NU should run the table but I'm a bit leery of BC. Yes, BC is having its worst season in the Jerry York era and yes, its fan base is demoralized. But this is a Green Line rivalry that both teams should have no trouble getting up for plus BC will certainly want to avenge the Beanpot loss. So not a weekend series to take lightly despite the discombobulation on Chestnut Hill.

Beyond this weekend's series: If the HEA quarterfinals were to start today, 2nd place NU would draw 7th place BC. Since there is a good possibility that this is the way things will ultimately play out, each team will want to make statements to the other. Should be a good show.

Comment

I don't care about the standings or the pairwise. You still won't get me to root for BU tonight.
                        Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                        —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                          I don't care about the standings or the pairwise. You still won't get me to root for BU tonight.
                          Good, Go Friars!

Comment

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                            If NU comes out and goes straight for BCs jugular on Friday and Saturday, you won't have to worry about Thursday.
                            Last edited by Split-N; 02-28-2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Game is on ESPN 3.
                              Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                              —H. L. Mencken

Comment

I was rooting for providence last night, I guess a Tie was OK

Comment

Working...
                                X