Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

ALL IS FORGIVEN!!! (At least for now ). Is it too soon to be tthinking about a three-peat?
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
      Weird to see NU not only win Beanpot, but be favored and take care of business against BC and BU. JM has taken this program to a different level...winning the Beanpot and being a bubble NCAA team in a "down" year is impressive.
      Maybe he'll get that NCAA tourney win now

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
        Not sure what you meant by this? Did you mean 'both BC and BU' ?

If so, just want to point out that both teams won over 20 games at least the last 5 years; wouldn't call that 'beat down'.
        BC has not made the NCAA tournament since 2015-2016. They have one nonconference win since November 2016. They are down right now and unless they win the postseason tournament, they will be sitting home in March. So yes, they are down.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          BC has not made the NCAA tournament since 2015-2016. They have one nonconference win since November 2016. They are down right now and unless they win the postseason tournament, they will be sitting home in March. So yes, they are down.
          Agree, when I was in school Coach Flaman used to have to go up and grab the farm boys from Saskatoon to play at NU to compete many like Rod Isbistor a scoring machine, he had likely never heard of BU, BC or NU for that matter...nor did he care. Fern had no choice in recruiting as he had to deal with the fact that most Mass and New England Prep School kids from places like Avon Old Farms, Kent and locally like Thayer and Catholic Memorial were pipe lined to Harvard, BU, NU and the NESCAC. NU was out in the cold. It was amazing that he could get them to compete with the occasional overlooked public school standouts. Today the landscape of hockey has changed and Jim understands this, he can recruit the sons of blue chip NHL'rs just the same as Jerry and Jack did for 2 decades

So while the days of BU and BC dominance on a national level may not be over but they won't be as consistent in the level playing field. Look at Quinnipiac, Penn State and Arizona State quick rise to successful programs. The days of BU, BC in the Final Four year in and year old are history.

Comment

Congrats to NU Huskies! You all have earned it. 👍

Comment

sorry for the wait, here's the recap of the Beanpot final http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...solow-madigan/
              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                sorry for the wait, here's the recap of the Beanpot final https://northeasternhockeyblog.com/g...solow-madigan/
                thx for the recap, that happened.. again.
                well, on to league play. our nxt opponent we should get points from.. but then i thought we should've had 2 pts from UConn as well. Last time we played UVM, we beat them by 1 goal.. scoring a grand total of... 1 goal. They are playing better hockey having just beat UNH (who is also playing much better themselves, of late).

Here's hoping the offense has found its groove back, some. Primeau looks calmer & settled. Short week but we need pts this wknd. One day at a time. Friday first. Go Huskies
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

UVM preview http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...efanos-lekkas/
                  "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• all Vermont, beginning of the wknd series. NU looking sluggish.. be it the short week, maybe the Beanpot hangover.. its all Catamounts early. hopefully Huskies can find their legs here tonight. UVM playing with desperation & energy.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

i thought UVM outworked us tonight.. for about 45- 50 mins. NU started to take advantage of chances in the 3rd & glad they were able to. Not their best effort but found a way. gm seemed like a snoozefest at times (except for the 3rd). Happy for Filipe, Picking & Griffin. Picking's 2 on 1 snipe was just dirty. Glad to have him back. Back at it tomorrow.

edit: want to add, if the guy in net isn't Primeau tonight (all 3 periods), you can bank on easily reversing the score.
                      NU needs stronger starts & sense of urgency, each gm.. down stretch run.
                      Last edited by northeastern; 02-15-2019, 08:49 PM.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

I agree with Northeastern without CP this is a loss. I think of the 2 losses that are killing us the 1 zip loss to Merrimack with some of the studs playing Jr. and the annual bean pot sandwich loss to CT. you add those 4 PTS to our tally and we are in 2nd place. That said, we seemed to play w/o any urgency. Also, I think the worst play was our transition in the N zone, a couple of the boys were blocking shots aside from that I am happy with the 2 pts. Back at it tomorrow, and we can still haev a 4 pt weekend, it just doesn't feel all that cozy!

Comment

I think this is a tough weekend, and tomorrow wil eb as well. Having that Monday night game, kids are probably a little tired. Need to push through it, come out with the W tomorrow night and get some rest for UNH next weekend.

Comment

Needed to win that for the points and to not have another PWR anchor. Good job by the defense to lock down and shut down a UVM press in the third. Big late save by CP on the powerplay sealed it for me. Filipe with the GWG, another goal from close in near the crease. Hopefully that's his new office, he'd thrive there. Good sweep. Onto UNH!
                            "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• both goalies playing very well tonight. Primeau making just couple more saves than Lekkas (some big saves down the stretch especially). Tale of the tape.

NU offense still needing some work. Team overall with better effort tonight i thought, against a gritty UVM team. Hopefully they will figure it out down the stretch, but thankful for the pts during short week.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Hey...better effort tonight or as JM will say compete level, which could be a drinking game word! That said, its a needed 4PT weekend! We need to close out down the stretch with some W's!

Comment

Working...
                                X