• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Recap: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...jeremy-davies/
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• nice write up (as always), & thx for embedding the different videos.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Despite the win, i liked tonight's compete level! Granted NU could and should have had 4 or 5 goals in this game and both Jake and KP stood on their heads, still I think we are in trouble. Scoring 1 or 2 goals a game isn't going to cut it, granted PC and UML are good teams, but we really need to open it up at UCONN. I hope they get it going down the stretch. 3 games left with BC...?? They need to step it up and I believe they can.

Comment

Most years, I don't like watching PC and Lowell play. They try to bore you into submission. (That 3 OT HE semi-final a couple of years ago. UGH.) Unfortunately, those two teams were able to put NU in a sleeper hold the last two weekends. Depending on the opponent, NU can look very different from game to game. Of the remaining schedule UConn, BC 3x, UNH 3x, UVM 2x, I'd expect the UVM games to look like the PC and last UML games. Hopefully, having UVM at home leads to two wins.

Comment

Beware of the Beanpot Hangover!
            Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
            —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
              no kidding, uconn have not won their last 6 odd gms.. they're due!
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Preview:
                http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ga...y-east-action/

Comment

• Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                  give up lead with barely 1 min left in regulation.
                  give up game in first min of OT.

Hungover alright.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

That's the season folks. They had better win Monday because that's the only trophy they'll be playing for. NCAA Tourney is all but out the window.

Comment

O-Zone time and SOG are not problems for this team. Finding the twine is. So far in calendar 2019, and discounting the Orono weekend, NU has eight goals in nine games which yields a paltry .89 goals per game average. Add to this an increasing tendency to blow leads in the waning minutes going back to last year's HEA semis. Still, a win on Monday not only yields hardware but also a PWR boost that could put them back in the post-season picture.
                      Last edited by Split-N; 02-08-2019, 11:39 AM.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• last night was ridiculous. maybe it is a conditioning issue. it was their 3rd gm in less than a week. the ot was all uconn. nevermind the ot, before that; gm shouldve been in hand in regulation. maybe a timeout at the whistle (in hindsight), when uconn pulled goalie may have changed things. anyway, they're 16 wins 9losses & change after losing gaudette, stevens, sikura.. not the end of the world but i am not optimistic for monday. the goalie has helped them steal some Ws but others have to dig deep.

so far (barring bu gm), team stepping up collectively has been an anomaly. here's hoping for a miracle type stretch run tail end of things.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Last night hurts on so many levels, PWR and HE standings. They needed last night. Need to keep home ice. All of there game rest of the way are winnable, but we would have said that prior to last night as well. They need to take care of business 1 game at a time. Most of there opponents won't help the PWR but collectively they will. Need to take care of what they can control. It would be nice if Griffen in his last 5 weeks of college hoickey could produce, if Filpe could show up. Anyword on Davies?

Comment

Copied from the Beanpot thread:

"It's not just BC and NU that have scoring issues. Of nine HEA games played this weekend:

--Five were shutouts
                            --Two of the winning teams scored only one goal
                            --Losing teams scored only six goals total

So I'm left to wonder if the real issue is lack of offensive skills or is HEA stacked top-to-bottom with shutdown goaltenders?"

Through it all, NU still holds onto 13th in the PWR thanks to convenient upsets involving Providence, among others.
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

If anyone still cares about the UConn game, I wrote a recap. Beanpot finals preview coming tonight

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...grant-jozefek/
                              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Matt Filipe, Lincoln Griffin, and Grant Jozefek need to get there heads out of there *** and start playing. They are all upper clansmen now, Griffin a 2nd semester senior, time to step up and finish strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X