No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primeau looking shaky (much like UMass gm #1), & NU having distinction of having given up 2 short handed goals early. Not a good sign of things to come, tonight.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Hmmmmm

Comment

• team looks anemic thus far. no flow, no crisp breakouts, no offensive chances, just dump & chase..
        i dont know, maybe who we are or what good teams like PC can make you look. last 20 mins coming up. whatever it is, hopefully be corrected some tonight, rest tomorrow.

split wknds against good teams not all bad, assuming we can get the split.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• On a positive note.. Go Kendall Coyne!

#nhlallstarskills & havingfun
          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            On a positive note.. Go Kendall Coyne!

#nhlallstarskills & havingfun
            to top that off.. NU WHockey 1 win away from a 20 win season & #3 National ranking to boot. Way to go.
            Men, you're up tonight let's make it a strong series v. PC. Go Huskies
            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Primeau has looked unfocused all wknd, Not much sharper tonight. Wondering if this is good time to give Ruck a gm or 2, give CP a bit of a break until 1st B'pot gm; go from there. CP lack of focus cost us last night, more of the same tonight.

Coaching staff shook up the lines, time to make adjustments in goal as well.
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Wow. I'm having a hard time faulting Primeau tonight. The first goal on the PP was dazzling. The puck moved it was Sikura/Stevens/Gaudette on the PP. The third goal was made possible by a beautiful cross ice pass to the back door. The second goal looked like CP might not have had a good look at it but I haven't seen a replay yet. Even if you want to focus on CP, what do you say about the offense this weekend? (And last weekend.) That's four goals in four games. Much more concern there in my opinion.

Comment

• agree on the last PC goal from Sat night gm.. good set up.

The first 2 goals though, Sat night (just my opinion), he should have had.. much like the 2 shorties the night before. Just not sharp. The offense was up by a goal, then tied.. Fri night until the softies.. does deflate you a bit. Same for gm 2. Well, hoping they can solve it soon as UML playing well of late, or/ otherwise quick exit @ the Beanpot as well.

They were on the right track after Maine wknd. Gotta guve CP a break (he is very young), competition is good at the goalie spot as well. Let Ruck start a gm or so.. see how offense does, go from there.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Ryan Ruck does not need to start a game ever. Besides the Maine series, this is our goal scoring record in regulation this semester.

PC 0
                    PC 1
                    UMass 1
                    UMass 1
                    MC 0

Not gonna cut it.

Comment

OK so now I'm officially concerned about the goal-scoring drought that has afflicted NU since we emptied the champagne bottles on New year's eve. In the seven games played thus far in 2019, NU has scored a grand total of 11 goals for a 1.57 GPG, and has been shut out twice (one of them by a bottom-feeder). Take out the two wins in Orono and it gets really scary: Four goals in five games for an abysmal .8 GPG. Suffice it to say that you can't win in this league (or any other league) when you have to depend on your goaltender to steal a W for you (which is what happened vs UMass). And the Orono weekend notwithstanding, that's what it has seemingly come to.

Speaking of goaltenders, Ryan Ruck is not exactly chopped liver. The kid is running at .954 with a 1.03 GAA in 233 playing minutes. And let's remember, NU hoisted a trophy behind him just a few years ago. I am not, repeat NOT, suggesting that Ruck takes over the starting spot but I do have to wonder if Primeau may have become a bit fatigued by the workload (including the travel and pressure of the World Jr. Championships). Now I don't know if CP needs a rest or not but NU now has the best #2 goalie in my memory so I wouldn't mind plugging him in if a game off now and then would benefit CP over the long haul.
                      Last edited by Split-N; 01-27-2019, 11:00 AM.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I also do agree that CP has not been as sharp as before. I think he should have had atlleast 1 of those shorties on Friday night. I was on other side of ice for 2nd goal sat night so couldn't what happened. Maybe he is a little tired. Big game against Lowell this Friday.

Comment

Whoever has Season Tickets in Upper 35 Row A thank you for selling them so cheaply on StubHub
                          Tully Rink Rat
                          Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                          Youngstar
                          UML Class of 09

Comment

I'm okay with Ruck getting some playing time, but probably not the game before the Beanpot.

I think as a fan I question how good this team really is lots of 1 goal wins. We have the potential i believe but most likely a bubble team. :-/

We will have our chances this season, let's take them.

Comment

Ouch...Yikes and Holy Cr A p Batman! What me worry? Really Split N said it best above. Rest the kid, but yes the O is still on vacation, PC is a good team, but I think we may be in a bit of trouble, down the stretch...I really don't know but we are 3 and 4 since the break and I am concerned!

Comment

Well, UML has not lost in their last 7 or so gms. Something's gotta change & I dont think it was the line changes needed that were made this past wknd. The lines worked up in Maine & worked early season until Dec as well. Give CP a rest, have him come back afresh, after. Start Ruck, go back the the lines pre-Providence & have a go at it. The results may very well be the same.. but the Friday gm is gonna be much tougher than the Beanpot 1st rd, that's for sure. Best to the team, Go NU.
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X