Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Exlax’s team is UHN.
    I doubt it. He’d have shown up in Maine / UHN threads. Seems just anti Providence. Must have been denied admission.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      I'm finding myself feeling very conflicted about CP's unexpected signing. On the one hand, I certainly don't want to begrudge the kid his shot at the show; on the other, there's a lot of cold truth in the above quote. The move obviously had a bad effect on the rest of the team. No other plausible explanation for the otherwise unexplainable listless and uninspired play.

One more reason to loath and despise the Montreal Canadiens.
      Well, when all else fails... blame Canada, blame Canada!

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        I'm finding myself feeling very conflicted about CP's unexpected signing. On the one hand, I certainly don't want to begrudge the kid his shot at the show; on the other, there's a lot of cold truth in the above quote. The move obviously had a bad effect on the rest of the team. No other plausible explanation for the otherwise unexplainable listless and uninspired play.

One more reason to loath and despise the Montreal Canadiens.
        To lose is 1 thing, I didn't go in thinking they were unbeatable, to to lose they way they did. Such a waste of an opportunity, I still can't believe how bad he played. How could he leave now, how can he have that be his final showing. I'm so disappointed in him, in his very selfish ending to his NU career. Madigan has to be sick to his stomach, very hard to be a hockey coach these days, everyone has their own personal agenda.

Comment

For those of you in the know, when someone signs THAT quickly after a season or is said to be leaving...before the body is even cold. When did Madigan find out he was gonna leave? When I see these top drafted goalies stay 3 years it's different seeing one leave after 2 so abruptly. You'd think after a game like yesterday he would put some more thought into it and consider coming back. I am wondering if he just had enough of the academic part? Everyone is different I know so who knows what he's thinking. His dad didn't play college so not sure if that means anything. Just a real surprise to me.

Comment

We've had some fun over the years chirping at the BU/BC types when their high-end guys left early and/or unexpectedly. Now it's our turn. There are external factors affecting the game these days that are beyond the control of the HC or even the university: The NHL clubs want to lock up their high draft choices before they become FAs; the agents....err, "family advisors" want a payday; and in CPs case, NHL bloodlines.

Life is not so simple anymore. And like JD, I'd also be curious as to when Madigan & Co. found out.
            Last edited by Split-N; 03-31-2019, 08:53 AM.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
              We've had some fun over the years chirping at the BU/BC types when their high-end guys left early and/or unexpectedly. Now it's our turn. There are external factors affecting the game these days that are beyond the control of the HC or even the university: The NHL clubs want to lock up their high draft choices before they become FAs; the agents....err, "family advisors" want a payday; and in CPs case, NHL bloodlines.

Life is not so simple anymore. And like JD, I'd also be curious as to when Madigan & Co. found out.
              Primeau is a 7th round pick

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                Primeau is a 7th round pick
                There's been much written/spoken in the Montreal media about how the Canadiens think they got a steal in CP and have come to look on him as a prize.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I keep checking twitter expecting to see that he has had a change of heart.

Comment

I keep checking twitter expecting to see that he has had a change of heart.
                    This is not a decision made yesterday- Has been in works for a long time
                    Is why in addition to bringing in a freshman goalie they are considering graduate transfer like Pantano from Merrimack

Comment

Henrik Lundqvist was a 7th-round pick, as well. Not saying Primeau will ever reach Hank’s level, but he clearly has vastly outperformed his draft position. Look at guys like UConn’s Huska and Lowell’s Wall who were picked higher in the same draft (or was it the year before?) but have been relatively disappointing. Drafts are a crapshoot after the first handful of picks.

Comment

My recap of the loss. http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...ontreal-signs/
                        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

It's official. Congratulations to Cayden. https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/sta...44952691261441

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...astern-hockey/
                          Last edited by NU_Husky; 03-31-2019, 04:47 PM.
                          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Cornell with 19 shots again today, difference is Providence had a goalie today. Yes I am still bitter about this. I will get over it, but not today.

Comment

Cornell with 19 shots again today, difference is Providence had a goalie today. Yes I am still bitter about this. I will get over it, but not today.
                              Well I can't blame you. Very frustrating. On a related note, maybe there should be some kind of rule prohibiting a pro team from "tampering" with a player while he is in the middle of the playoffs. I know some will say that "you can't do that," but he has just let down an entire University because his head was someplace else. I seriously don't get it. They couldn't have waited two more days? It's not like he's going to start in place of Corey Price.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                Well I can't blame you. Very frustrating. On a related note, maybe there should be some kind of rule prohibiting a pro team from "tampering" with a player while he is in the middle of the playoffs. I know some will say that "you can't do that," but he has just let down an entire University because his head was someplace else. I seriously don't get it. They couldn't have waited two more days? It's not like he's going to start in place of Corey Price.
                                1000% agree, NCAA and NHL need to do something to what it going on here. What is his ****in hurry to get to the AHL? Everything you just played for you ****ed away.

Comment

Working...
                                X