Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
    Cornell with 19 shots again today, difference is Providence had a goalie today. Yes I am still bitter about this. I will get over it, but not today.
    I thought the difference today was that Cornell looked tired

They didn’t have the same energy and jump in their legs

But congrats on a very season by the Big Red 🎈
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Does anyone here have any actual facts, quotes, or proof that Primeau's head actually was not focused on the game yesterday? Is there any proof Montreal was "tampering" with him?

Simply performing bad is not proof of this, it's proof that he buckled under the pressure of the NCAA tournament. He's far from the first that's happened to at any school.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
        I thought the difference today was that Cornell looked tired

They didn’t have the same energy and jump in their legs

But congrats on a very season by the Big Red 🎈
        It was noted during the broadcast that after the game yesterday, PC's team went back to their home facility and used their cryochambers and sleeping pods to help the team recover. Meanwhile, the power went out at Cornell's hotel last night. Seems a bit...lopsided.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          Does anyone here have any actual facts, quotes, or proof that Primeau's head actually was not focused on the game yesterday? Is there any proof Montreal was "tampering" with him?

Simply performing bad is not proof of this, it's proof that he buckled under the pressure of the NCAA tournament. He's far from the first that's happened to at any school.
          Tampering- this has been in works for weeks- As i mentioned previously NU bringing in graduate transfer goaltender next year
          When players go pro after season it something their coaches have known for a long time

Comment

+1 to this mindset. To suggest that Primeau performed poorly because he was dreaming of the Bell Centre or the AHL or signing the contract is absurd and at worst, insulting to the player that he is and was for 70 games at NU
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

It was noted during the broadcast that after the game yesterday, PC's team went back to their home facility and used their cryochambers and sleeping pods to help the team recover. Meanwhile, the power went out at Cornell's hotel last night. Seems a bit...lopsided.
              ha, no kidding. was thinking the same.. a bus just happened to hit a transponder box 'near' the Cornell team hotel for that area to lose power for 3 hours last night. .. Buddy Cianci's minions, alive & well in Friar town.
              anyway, congrats to the Friars.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

That's Red Auerbach type chit right there.
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

I made the trek out to Providence this weekend, fully expecting to see at the very least a Sunday game for the Huskies. Alarm went off at 5:15 Saturday morning, on the road by 6:15, 8 hour drive, pleasantly surprised to see it was spring out your way. 65 and sunny! My uncle (not an NU grad but a hockey fan) came down for the game from Boston, and a friend of mine from NU. As someone who only gets to one or two games a year in person - it kills me sometimes to miss out. Especially when it's a big game. So to walk into a bar, and then the arena, and see NU people all around, and the band there, and familiar faces and friends, it was like YES it's game time, and I'm right where I want to be. Too bad the team didn't show up to play. They gave up some weak goals and were not aggressive enough at the other end. Davies is an outstanding defenseman, but he was one of many guys who were too deliberate with the puck (especially when you're down that many goals). The Dogs had a chance to get into it when the momentum looked like it was changing at the end of the second period. That 5th Cornell goal just deflated anyone's (players, fans) notions of a comeback. I had no interest in that game today, so I drove home. That was probably the worst game I can recall them playing all year (at one point I yelled "was there a gas leak in your hotel last night?!), but it's weird to say I'm glad I was there for it. After the season they've put together, if they were going to lose in the end I wish it would've been in a fighting mode rather than a hopelessly flailing one. I was really hoping to be able to welcome all of you to Buffalo in a few weeks.

Like many, I'm disappointed that Primeau turned pro already. The Huskies have gone what, 6 trips in a row to the NCAA's without winning a game in one of them? Well, we're NU, we need some sort of long futile streak looming over us don't we?
                  Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                    This is not a decision made yesterday- Has been in works for a long time
                    Is why in addition to bringing in a freshman goalie they are considering graduate transfer like Pantano from Merrimack
                    I wasn't expecting CP to leave so soon given that goalies tend to develop slower than others and the fact that making a run in the NCAAs is still an unfulfilled dream. But I began to feel a general sense of foreboding as the signature wins and individual accolades began to pile up. Then the Pantano rumors started turning up on the Twittersphere. So, an unexpected but not entirely surprising couple of hours. Four-year players are becoming something of an endangered species. But it's what has become college hockey reality.

The disappointment at not advancing plus losing CP is somewhat offset by anticipation of what's to come given the quality of players ready to emerge from the pipeline. The goaltending situation is going to be the big question going forward but if Connor Murphy comes as advertised and they bring in a serviceable grad transfer, things should at least be stable.

So thanks to JM and the team for all the good things that happened in a supposedly rebuilding year and looking forward to better things to come. And from all I've been told, CP is a great kid so wishing him nothing but the best.
                    Last edited by Split-N; 04-01-2019, 09:35 AM.
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

A whole lot of goaltending turnover next year in HE. BU, BC, NU, MC, PC all bring in new starters, MC and UConn lose half of their tandems.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                        ha, chimes the loser from nowhere ville
                        actually, decent season for us, tsk, thx
                        More tsk tsk for all these comments of your kid checking out and thinking of pro ranks instead of the game.

Embarrassing indeed.

Tsk tsk tsk
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          I'm finding myself feeling very conflicted about CP's unexpected signing. On the one hand, I certainly don't want to begrudge the kid his shot at the show; on the other, there's a lot of cold truth in the above quote. The move obviously had a bad effect on the rest of the team. No other plausible explanation for the otherwise unexplainable listless and uninspired play.

One more reason to loath and despise the Montreal Canadiens.
                          His decision was almost certainly finalized prior to the conclusion of the HE tournament, so if it had nearly the effect you are pretending it did NU would have been unable to win that tournament.

The team played a bad game, it happens, no need to jump to blaming that all on one kid for wanting to move on to the next level after the end of the season.

Comment

Disappointed with this result this weekend for sure; was hoping for NU if anyone to represent the league.

I know it's been said at least twice but it's crazy (and monumentally stupid) to think that Primeau's performance was caused by him having his eyes on the pros. Not a chance. He had his eyes on the prize in Buffalo. If this has been a few weeks in the making, and you can bet it was, why didn't he chit the bed in the HE tournament where he won the MVP? Sometimes people have bad games. That's the difference between the pros and an amateur college player. Consistency is the biggest separator in sports. I think you do this kid a great disservice to even suggest that. And to be fair, the entire NU team looked like a girl at T's Pub after getting roofied by a BU hockey player.

Second, tampering? We let these kids have advisors. The advisors are always looking out in their best interest; this isn't just an offseason job. They move kids to a "better place" after a semester, or after their locker nameplate was just installed (Milano, Bracco I'm looking at you two bozos), not just after the season. You can be sure there is always discussion between an NHL team that holds rights of a player and his advisor throughout the season. And you want to regulate it. Or think you can regulate it? LOL.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Hawkins rumored to be getting an AHL ATO with Scranton-WB then sign a deal for 2019-20. Great for him.
                              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                More tsk tsk for all these comments of your kid checking out and thinking of pro ranks instead of the game.

Embarrassing indeed.

Tsk tsk tsk
                                This is a prime example of “the pot calling the kettle, black”! Do you think it might be possible that half of your terrieres had their minds on the pros - for most of the season???
                                It was our extreme pleasure to see to it that your guys finished below .500🤡

Comment

Working...
                                X