Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    They may find themselves playing in front of an intimate gathering of family and friends what with the Red Sox on TV at the same time. Same for tomorrow night.
    Except for the playoffs, Lowell hasn't had a crowd under 4000 for a Friday or Saturday night game since Colorado College was at Tsongas in October of 2015. The last time they had a crowd under 3000 for a Friday/Saturday night game was a Black Friday game against Alabama-Huntsville in November of 2011. The last time they had under 3000 for a league game was against Merrimack in January of 2009.

I wouldn't count on the crowd being "intimate".
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
      Except for the playoffs, Lowell hasn't had a crowd under 4000 for a Friday or Saturday night game since Colorado College was at Tsongas in October of 2015. The last time they had a crowd under 3000 for a Friday/Saturday night game was a Black Friday game against Alabama-Huntsville in November of 2011. The last time they had under 3000 for a league game was against Merrimack in January of 2009.

I wouldn't count on the crowd being "intimate".
      love what you guys have done with Tsongas.. concessions, fan outreach & all.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
        love what you guys have done with Tsongas.. concessions, fan outreach & all.
        Dude..... JASMINE
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Dude..... JASMINE
          yes, of course.

just glad to have Davies back in the line up, good gm by the Huskies thus far.. hopefully get some HE pts & bit of boost for tomorrow night. They'll need it.

Nice job tonight team.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Broken-hearted knowing that the Comm Ave Coalition got shutout by a combined score of 12-0 on successive nights. Not to look past St. Cloud tomorrow but the opponent after that is none other than the coalition partner on Lower Comm Ave.

BTW: Maddening to know that RPI beat Union tonight.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

BTW: Maddening to know that RPI beat Union tonight.
              ..we took their legs & everything else from 'em
              (except the pts)
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

They may find themselves playing in front of an intimate gathering of family and friends what with the Red Sox on TV at the same time. Same for tomorrow night.
                When I bought tickets for tomorrow night's game on Tuesday, there were very few seats left. I think its parents weekend, and there's a chance students leave early to watch the World Series, but I think it will be a good crowd.
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

#1 I will take the 2 points watching from home I see we passed and skated really well, that usually wins hockey games.
                  #2. We are a bit better with Davies
                  #3. What is wrong on Comm. Ave 5 games in BU and BC look terrible, I get that a coaching change may have the Terriers looking for a solution but St C hanging 7 on BC at home??? I think we are going to have our hands full tomorrow.

Comment

St C def a National contender type team.. lots of scouts will be in the building. NU show 'em what you got; you got nothing to lose, Leave it all out there Saturday. DogHouse will be behind you, Have fun, skate with them & make the most of your opportunities. Go NU Go Sox!
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Tough 1st period. Looked fairly good but down 1-0.

Comment

Nice win! I felt like we really shut them down most of the game. Great effort tonight

Comment

...My own take is that, assuming the defense and goaltending come as advertised, the scoring will take care of itself. So losing the Big Three may not be a bad thing if it opens the door to more distributed and consistent scoring among the returning vets, incoming transfers, and highly touted freshmen....
                          Hey I know it's bad form to quote oneself but this is what's happening.

Huge weekend sweep that will put the Big Huskies back in the national picture.

Comment

Yes... bit of payback from Hockey East!
                            Good Huskies prevail!
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

That was the best game Ive seen them play since the Beanpot championship. Seemed to win every faceoff they needed to, defensive corps did well in space and gaps against a larger, more skilled SCSU team, and three different goal scorers is exactly what weve come to expect. Primeau continues to be a stud. Good puck movement, cycles, and honesty not many wasted touches. Super super impressive. This is a monster win.
                              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

So RPI sweeps a home & home vs Union? Really?

Comment

Working...
                                X