Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
    Really gonna be interesting to see what the lines look like. There are gonna be some good players that won’t be dressing all the time but it’s awesome to have depth for injuries or if somebody isn’t playing well.
    Agreed - I think the biggest Q is which freshmen will see playing time. My early prediction is:

Filipe Madden McDonough
    Jozefek Picking Van Riemsdyk
    Walsh Solow Shea
    Thomson Lerario Goldstein
    Hughes - Extra player

Struble Harris
    Shea Kislin
    Kesselring Bucheler

Pantano

I think Murphy will play some early on but Pantano will start season and Murphy takes over eventually

Thoughts?

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Forward is close enough. Flip Solow and Picking. Solow will be in the top six and Picking is a prototypical 3C.

Hughes will be in the lineup over someone like Goldstein. I would probably start Hughes on 3 and bump Shea to 4, but that's splitting hairs.

Defensively, your sides are a bit off, in that Kesselring is a right D. Struble probably starts on the 2nd-3rd pairing, he's straight from prep and just turned 18. Not that that stopped Harris any, but you have to default to the conservative assumption. The big question is whether Harris moves to LD or stays on his off side.

Projection would probably be

Harris-Kesselring
      Shea-Kislin
      Struble-Bucheler
      Spott/Villella

If you put Harris on the right instead you probably end up with roughly what you had, Harris Kislin Kesselring/Bucheler down the right side. I think that might balance the team better long-term because it opens up a top four spot for Struble and keeps Kesselring/Bucheler from having to immediately play 1RD, but it also might drive one of them out of the lineup entirely and it's still not Harris' "natural" place. In my opinion it was a move that NU was forced into because they had Shea and Davies as established LD, so ideally you resolve that and can keep both Harris and Struble on the left. But either way you have to imagine we're running 7 D most every night just to get everyone playing time who deserves it.
      Last edited by TheRevengeance; 09-17-2019, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Makes sense, I completely made up the D pairings and tried to keep players on the side they played on last season. I originally thought we would have an extra d-man most games but not sure how often that's done. That might be the case with an overload of d-men so I figure Vilella would be that guy. Spott probably would only take over if there's an injury to one of the starting 6.

For the forwards, I thought maybe Shea and Walsh would be paired together with the chemistry they have coming in. Now that I think about it, I agree with you in flipping solow and picking. Interesting that you think Goldstein would be benched for Hughes - it'll be interesting to see what coach does for the first game.

I'll be at the Union game on 10/11 to kick off the season!

Comment

Yeah, the semantics changes are what they are at this point, who slots into an exact spot will probably change on a game by game basis anyway.

Regarding 7D, now that coaches can dress 19 skaters every coach should be dressing 7 defensemen every game. The 13th forward provides relatively little value in comparison to the 7th defenseman. There are obvious exceptions for things like injuries, easing certain players into the lineup, etc. but barring specific scenarios or just plain lack of capable bodies, 7D should be the default for the vast majority of lineups regardless of team. NU has had no issue dressing 11F and 7D in the past so 12/7 should not even be a second thought.
          Last edited by TheRevengeance; 09-17-2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Pre season polls out. I like to see us picked as low as possible as I think it puts a chip on our shoulder. It’s not how you are picked it’s how you finish. For some reason I think Lowell might give Umass a run for their money.
            These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Huskies picked 4th in the preseason media poll, with 1 first place vote.

Coaches poll will be announced Thursday at the preseason banquet.
              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                Huskies picked 4th in the preseason media poll, with 1 first place vote.

Coaches poll will be announced Thursday at the preseason banquet.

Stable Goaltending - will determine if we thrive.. or just survive.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  Stable Goaltending - will determine if we thrive.. or just survive.
                  This says it all. If presumptive starting goaltender Craig Pantano is the same guy who totally stoned NU at Matthews last Jan, they will be a force. If not...….
                  Last edited by Split-N; 09-24-2019, 12:59 PM.
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

A very interesting Northeastern preview from a Minnesota perspective by The Gopher Hockey Blog: https://thegopherhockeyblog.blogspot...y-preview.html
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                      A very interesting Northeastern preview from a Minnesota perspective by The Gopher Hockey Blog: https://thegopherhockeyblog.blogspot...y-preview.html
                      good read, thank you. pretty well thought out.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

More preseason content, the blog preseason poll/conference preview.

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/se...reseason-poll/

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                          More preseason content, the blog preseason poll/conference preview.

https://northeasternhockeyblog.com/s...reseason-poll/
                          Thx for the blog write up Revengeance.

Well.. NESN/Nesn + TV sched came out.. men's hockey will have about 14 gms on air combined (most from Matthews)..

from GONUmhockey twitter..

MEN'S HOCKEY | 2019-20 Schedule
                          The men's hockey broadcast schedule will feature 12 matches on either NESN or NESNplus. Twelve of 14 home games will be broadcast out of historic Matthews Arena. All other home events not broadcast on NESN or NESNplus will be available from Howlin' Huskies Productions.

The NESN schedule starts with the home opener against UMass on Tuesday, Oct. 15 at 7 p.m. and ends with the regular-season home finale against Boston University on Friday, March 6 at 7 p.m.

----------

Link to games/tv schedule here..

https://nuhuskies.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

All the best to NU hockey, Go Huskies!
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Your boys haven’t dropped any to Bentley yet, have they?
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              ha sure that'll happen at some point.. Holy Cross might beat em to it..

on another note.. congrats to Mark Divver on Hockey East' 2019 Joe Concannon Award Media Award. Good work, well done Mark..

http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/arti...ard-winner.php
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                They're the only BU we can't beat...
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X