Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Jean Francois and Dave Buda (aka Buddha or The Buddha) have been enshrined in the All-Name Hall of Fame for many years. (I was just trying to limit the length of the original post since it's off-season and we can't be late for our tee times.) Also enshrined are the likes of Gaspare Capizzo (a really good goalie), Chauncey DelGrosso, Jon (Awesome) Awe, Larry Bone, and Tommy Moon. Colton Saucerman has been nominated.

A separate wing of the All Name Hall of Fame is reserved for nicknames but access to that wing is limited to adults only, since many of the nicknames are not suitable for general audiences. "Mad Dog," "Killer," and "Meatball" are among the G-rated entries (along with the aforementioned "Buddha"). Relatively recent crowd favorite Rob Dongara is in the restricted part of the Nickname Wing.
    Last edited by Split-N; 05-09-2019, 10:34 AM.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Slow offseason from a news perspective since Primeau and Davies left. Here's the recap of the USHL Draft, which had 3 recruits get selected. http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...-cedar-rapids/

FOH Meeting will be June 11, would love for folks to attend if they can. Will have a recap up days after for the folks who cannot attend.
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Dartmouth NYE tournament, December 28 + 29.

NU, CC, Dartmouth, and RPI.

Matchups TBA
        "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
          Dartmouth NYE tournament, December 28 + 29.

NU, CC, Dartmouth, and RPI.

Matchups TBA
          Well I was wrong. Were not in the tournament at all. UConn is instead. I could have sworn we had been told NU would be in the Dartmouth tournament at an old FOH meeting. Must have gotten my information crossed. In any case, Im sorry to have posted wrongly.
          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
            Well I was wrong. Were not in the tournament at all. UConn is instead. I could have sworn we had been told NU would be in the Dartmouth tournament at an old FOH meeting. Must have gotten my information crossed. In any case, Im sorry to have posted wrongly.
            with the blog info, helpful stuff over the yrs.. the downs & ups and lately all the positive with NU hockey.. you A-okay in my book, NUH, keep up the good work.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
              No worries! Very curious to find out what coach has to say at the FOH meeting and maybe they did have a change in plans or it simply was 2020.

Any word on who the other 3 OOC opponents would be? I got beanpot (2) friendship four (1) @union (2) @SCS (2) so that leaves 3 games all probably at home.

Comment

Turns out we are playing Dartmouth after all. Dartmouth @ Matthews Arena 12/14
                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Turns out we are playing Dartmouth after all. Dartmouth @ Matthews Arena 12/14
                  I have been trying to figure out who the last OOC opponent is and I've narrowed it down to Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Army, Canisius, Colgate, AIC, and RPI based on schedules already known and teams owing return visits assuming its happening this year.

Thoughts?

Comment

If I was forced to choose from that list I would say Colgate and Army are probably the most likely, but I wouldn't put money on it being a team listed there.

Penn State would be a fun school to play but there's no reason to believe it's a Big Ten school.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                      If I was forced to choose from that list I would say Colgate and Army are probably the most likely, but I wouldn't put money on it being a team listed there.

Penn State would be a fun school to play but there's no reason to believe it's a Big Ten school.
                      We can rule out Notre Dame as they are playing Air Force as their last OOC mystery team.

Comment

Looks like Jayden Struble will play in the BCHL next season -

https://***********/BCHLGrizzlies/st...79748312473601

Comment

Jayden Struble crushed the scouting combine, placing first in 5 different drills: Bench press, Wingate Mean Power Output, Grip Strength Left and Right hand, and standing long jump. He also placed in the top 5 for the vertical/squat/no arm jumps.
                          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Jayden Struble crushed the scouting combine, placing first in 5 different drills: Bench press, Wingate Mean Power Output, Grip Strength Left and Right hand, and standing long jump. He also placed in the top 5 for the vertical/squat/no arm jumps.
                            that is all well & good (especially for him), but what does it mean for NU? Does this mean he will spend a yr in the BCHL then hit campus the foll season.. or have we lost him? thx
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                              I have been trying to figure out who the last OOC opponent is and I've narrowed it down to Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Army, Canisius, Colgate, AIC, and RPI based on schedules already known and teams owing return visits assuming its happening this year.

Thoughts?
                              With Notre Dame playing Air Force, Army and OSU in the Ice Vegas tourney ... we can rule them out for a two game series. It's looking more and more like it's going to be AIC, RPI, or Colgate unless we have two 1 game series with two different teams then that opens it up to a whole bunch of possibilities [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                                that is all well & good (especially for him), but what does it mean for NU? Does this mean he will spend a yr in the BCHL then hit campus the foll season.. or have we lost him? thx
                                He'll spend a year in the BCHL for Victoria (Same team that Riley Hughes and Jeremie Bucheler played for) and will enroll to NU in 2020.
                                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Working...
                                X