Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Looks like Northeastern will be sponsoring an organized travel package to Belfast for the Friendship Four this coming November: https://www2.nuhuskies.com/news/2019...ship-four.aspx Looks like two options with different durations and rice points. This is an encouraging move on the U's part as I can't remember it sponsoring any sports-related travel packages in the past. If neither of the packages suit your schedule and/or finances, you can always make your own arrangements. ,

I went over on my own for the 2015 inaugural tournament and had the time of my life. Surely, another good time to be had for anyone who can free up his/her schedule this time around.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

FOH meeting recap. While we could not attend, notes were passed along from a friend of the blog who did. Not much schedule talk, some decent recruiting nuggets for the incoming class, as well as some other stuff. Bit of a long post, so I don't want to copy it all into here.

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...-riley-hughes/
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
        FOH meeting recap. While we could not attend, notes were passed along from a friend of the blog who did. Not much schedule talk, some decent recruiting nuggets for the incoming class, as well as some other stuff. Bit of a long post, so I don't want to copy it all into here.

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...-riley-hughes/
        Thx for the recap NU_Husky. So they will be a somewhat young squad, lots to prove at the F position & big question mark in goal.. much like old times. Well..it was fun while it lasted. Hopefully the new comers make the most of things, though I do not have lofty expectations for the coming season. Will be like a box of chocolates; we’ll see what we get.

On another note, congrats to Coach Madigan on his dtr’s upcoming wedding. Go Huskies
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Home opener against UMass is TUESDAY October 15.

https://***********/umasshockey/stat...315384837?s=21
          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Jeremy Davies traded to Nashville in a deal for PK Subban
            "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Struble gets taken 46th overall by Montreal

Aidan McDonough goes 195 to Vancouver!
              Last edited by NU_Husky; 06-22-2019, 04:06 PM.
              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Per Maine's schedule release, they play BU on March 6th. The NU/BU game must've been rescheduled.

Comment

Kevin Roy signs with the Florida Panthers..

https://www.litterboxcats.com/2019/7...hl-free-agency
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Question for any of you Huskies fans who have been to the Friendship 4 games; is it a good idea to buy tickets in advance? I just purchased (without the tour package) hotel/flight. Any info about ticketing advice for this is appreciated! Playing you guys first as you probably already know...
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Question for any of you Huskies fans who have been to the Friendship 4 games; is it a good idea to buy tickets in advance? I just purchased (without the tour package) hotel/flight. Any info about ticketing advice for this is appreciated! Playing you guys first as you probably already know...
                      I think (can't remember 100%) that I got mine via a group of people who bought them in advance to ensure we all sat in the NU section, but there was no way the arena was sold out, so if you had walked up the day of the game, you could have gotten tickets. I think if you want to make sure you get to sit with other UNH people, buying in advance is the best bet. I also did not purchase any team flight/hotel package, and it worked out just fine.

you're going to love the trip. Take some time if you can to get down to Ireland itself, Dublin might be my favorite city ever. Take some time to get to the Cliffs and when around the arena, check out the movie studios and Titanic museum. One of the best trips I ever took!
                      "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

I went four years ago and (IIRC) I bought through the NU Ticket Office (there was no organized tour) for pickup at the Will Call window. They were great seats several rows behind the NU bench with lots of other NU types. So you might want to check with UNH to see if they're selling tickets independently of the tour package. If you can't buy through UNH, it probably wouldn't hurt to buy in advance from SSE Arena. These games tend to be well-attended though not completely sold out. But at least you get to pick your seat location.

I'm hoping to go again this year though my schedule doesn't jibe with either of the NU organized tours. So I'll be making my own arrangements (going on to Dublin and Cork for another week following the tournament) and would be interested in knowing what kind of hotel/flight arrangements you were able to come up with.

BTW, I echo NU Husky's sentiments. The mother of all hockey road trips!

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          I went four years ago and (IIRC) I bought through the NU Ticket Office (there was no organized tour) for pickup at the Will Call window. They were great seats several rows behind the NU bench with lots of other NU types. So you might want to check with UNH to see if they're selling tickets independently of the tour package. If you can't buy through UNH, it probably wouldn't hurt to buy in advance from SSE Arena. These games tend to be well-attended though not completely sold out. But at least you get to pick your seat location.

I'm hoping to go again this year though my schedule doesn't jibe with either of the NU organized tours. So I'll be making my own arrangements (going on to Dublin and Cork for another week following the tournament) and would be interested in knowing what kind of hotel/flight arrangements you were able to come up with.

BTW, I echo NU Husky's sentiments. The mother of all hockey road trips!
                          Thanks for the suggestions!! We are flying out of Boston Aer Lingus on Wed night, into Dublin getting in around 8:30 am (their time) on Thursday. Booked the same hotel the tour is using (if I read that right) the AC Marriott. Got a king bed room w/ breakfast 124.00 US; the tour was saying 'twin beds or double' which do not work for us! Used Expedia for the flight; hotels.com for the hotel and the hotel I don't have to pay for until arrival and can cancel up to the 27th of Nov. Got travel ins. on the flight coz you never know... Thing we are going to have to figure out is getting from Dublin to Belfast an esp the trip back as we leave 11:30 in the am their time and I am reading you need to be at the airport 3 hrs ahead of time due to Customs etc. At this point leaning towards renting a car...although the hotel doesn't have parking (it says "discount off site parking available" so I need more info on that). Would head back to Dublin Sat night but not sure that would work esp if UNH makes the late game (fingers crossed ) but to do that, we've gotta get past you guys! So I guess we will figure on just getting up early and that's why I'm thinking we'll rent a car to have a sure bet on transportation...although am up for any ideas.

As per the arena need to check out if UNH is offering tix outside of the tour package. Was considering getting a suite possibly but not sure who's going from the U yet most likely not going to do that. And not sure I want to go to all 4 games but we'll figure that out too. Appreciate the suggestions here very excited to go as I have not been 'across the pond' as everyone else in my family has and yes, this is the ultimate hockey road trip!!!!

Ps...at the arena site they say the tix are all 'gen admission' so I don't think you can select your own seats? And being a Titanic freak I'm psyched to be travelling to the place where she was built and launched. Plan on going to the museum!!
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 07-06-2019, 02:55 PM.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

That's a really good hotel price, even considering that it's off-(tourist) season on that side of the pond. Travel between Belfast and Dublin isn't difficult. When I was last there, buses between Belfast and Dublin ran at least hourly (about a 2-hr trip) or you can take a train. If you're a Titanic freak, you need to know that the arena is on the Waterfront, right next door to the Titanic Museum, which is on the site where the Titanic (and sister ships Olympic and Brittanic) were built. The museum is a MUST!

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              That's a really good hotel price, even considering that it's off-(tourist) season on that side of the pond. Travel between Belfast and Dublin isn't difficult. When I was last there, buses between Belfast and Dublin ran at least hourly (about a 2-hr trip) or you can take a train. If you're a Titanic freak, you need to know that the arena is on the Waterfront, right next door to the Titanic Museum, which is on the site where the Titanic (and sister ships Olympic and Brittanic) were built. The museum is a MUST!
                              Cool! According to the hotel info, the arena is a '12 min' walk and I see that it's right next to the museum. I've seen other Titanic gigs; the first one ever in the US in Boston and at the tourist trap one in Orlando so being at the 'real deal' will be amazing...Thanks for the tips about the travel to and from Dublin. If I can be sure we can get off early enough to make the trip home most likely will choose either bus or train. I'd rather not drive tbh...
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Looks like NU-UNH is the early game (2:30 p.m. local) on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                X