Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

We know what it's like to find ourselves in unfamiliar territory in the national rankings (not #1 but high up). It's nerve wracking thinking you might not belong, perhaps thinking you are a fraud even. We've taken our punches in the past (2009 in particular, but also in recent seasons), but now it's time to dish one out. UMass isn't used to being looked up at in the standings. Pressure is on them. Let's kick their teeth in and take this weekend series.

Comment

• Minutemen playing their #1 role very well thus far.
      NU completely outplayed in every aspect of the gm thus far.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Welp

Comment

We are playing very poorly. UMass is very good. They appear to be every bit as advertised.
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
            We are playing very poorly. UMass is very good. They appear to be every bit as advertised.
            We just needed y’all to knock down their RPI a little, come on!

r

Comment

• UMass came ready for tonight (much as they have all season). Complete domination in every facet as #1 team. Men against boys out there.
              Team did not play well in front of Primeau (sure he'd like a couple back) still, glad Ruck came in & is settling things down a bit for us. Will have to try better effort tomorrow. Ouch!
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I should be waking up any minute now and this awful nightmare will be over.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Minutemen almost a ridiculous 40% on their powerplay.. wowzee
                  Coaches, please add 'staying out of the box' to list of criteria.. to keep this thing close tomorrow & somewhat make a game of it.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

oh and RossiRules.. make it a good one .... don't hold back.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      oh and RossiRules.. make it a good one .... don't hold back.
                      Ok, here goes! Well really that was so bad even I am without words, that said I think the real issue is this, we have been lucky this season and have never really dominated. You are not going to win many games where you only get 16 shots off! Our record is good but many of the wins are one goal come from behinds against poor teams, our strength of schedule isn't that great either and our #8 ranking may not be all that it is cracked up to be. Tonight as Jim stated in the post game was the worst loss in many seasons. He is correct! We were out played in all 3 phases of the game O, D and especially Transition. Granted, I think CP had a off night and it was closer once Jim made the change in the net.

However, UMASS is similar to our team last year and worthy of a true #1 ranking, I think there is a big drop off in the top 5 to the rest of the top 20 this season that the Pair Wise math isn't capturing. I am going to the game at the barn tonight, I am hoping for a better outcome but am really not expecting one. To win we need strong D that limits odd man rushes, KP has to be on fire for us to win a close game and we need to stay out of the box. Hoping that the weather does not keep the fans away too. Still I think we lose tonight, UMASS is legit National Championship Team and the truth is as much as that hurts we aren't this year..we may be a NCAA team but will need some help form the hand of God!

Comment

Very well said. Nothing to add except to point out that I thought Ryan Ruck looked sharp--as he did vs Merrimack--and had at least five big-time saves when UMass turned up the heat including two-in-a-row from point blank range. No way I'm advocating Ruck reclaiming the #1 spot but I have to wonder if CP might be a bit burned out after playing two at Maine last weekend hard on the heels of two busy weeks with the US WJC team on the other side of the continent.
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                          Ok, here goes! Well really that was so bad even I am without words, that said I think the real issue is this, we have been lucky this season and have never really dominated. You are not going to win many games where you only get 16 shots off! Our record is good but many of the wins are one goal come from behinds against poor teams, our strength of schedule isn't that great either and our #8 ranking may not be all that it is cracked up to be. Tonight as Jim stated in the post game was the worst loss in many seasons. He is correct! We were out played in all 3 phases of the game O, D and especially Transition. Granted, I think CP had a off night and it was closer once Jim made the change in the net.

However, UMASS is similar to our team last year and worthy of a true #1 ranking, I think there is a big drop off in the top 5 to the rest of the top 20 this season that the Pair Wise math isn't capturing. I am going to the game at the barn tonight, I am hoping for a better outcome but am really not expecting one. To win we need strong D that limits odd man rushes, KP has to be on fire for us to win a close game and we need to stay out of the box. Hoping that the weather does not keep the fans away too. Still I think we lose tonight, UMASS is legit National Championship Team and the truth is as much as that hurts we aren't this year..we may be a NCAA team but will need some help form the hand of God!
                          +1
                          make it a competitive one tonight NU.
                          Go Huskies
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

5 minutes in, 0-0, but the Huskies controlling the play. Keep it up and we'll get some good looks.

Comment

• we didnt get scored on through one whole period.
                              baby steps!
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Better first period. Better effort.

Arena is about 80% full and plenty of umass faithful. And they are loud and matching the Doghouse chant for chant. This is awesome and makes me yearn for my student days. College hockey is awesome.
                                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X