Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

good to see Gaudette back at the Garden last night. Was a +1 & is getting some good PP time i noticed. Almost converted for Vancouver in the waning secs, in what was a sloppy game by the Bs. Got to make most of his time in the show while some injured players out. Good to see him get his 2nd NHL point as well couple night back, best to him.

Alright you NU Huskies.. UConn had your number last season, time for some payback tonight, pls? Go NU
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Cav's take on his program.. (from front page)

https://www.uscho.com/2018/11/08/cav...ockey-program/
      GO NU HOCKEY
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• just do not have the guns this season. griffin missing the penalty shot didn't help. filipe looks lost. pecararo will (should) get it going soon enough. davies is legit. will be a interesting 3rd, but W or L, going to be a up & down season. is what it is.
        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Take the 2 points from UConn. Is Filipe ever gonna score again?
          These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
            Take the 2 points from UConn. Is Filipe ever gonna score again?
            ..no kidding. St Cloud, now UConn.. they keep finding the way in the last minutes, but longer term.. need more kids to contribute/ click & get this going again.
            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

I missed it again, with al the rain I really didn't want to drive into the city and of course my pals sat. lite (Dish Network) was mostly useless tonight in the bad weather, rather that watching on my phone and losing my mind and ripping out the staples in my chest I looked at the score and saw we were down a goal in the 3rd and then I looked 15 minutes late and bam two HE points against a good CT team. I will take it, that said, you guys are correct we need to spread it around a lot and have to find a way to take leads and not give them up. Granted it's a different kind of team this year. who knows team is like a box of chocolates.

Comment

A good win. This is a very different team from the last few but that was expected. They work hard and that shouldn't be undervalued. Anybody know why Murphy and Villella both DNP last night? Also seems like Selanne has played in the last few while Schultz has not. Injuries or Coaches decision?

Comment

Good teams find a way to win. They did. That is a testament to the team and the coaches keeping them in it. After the 3rd Lowell PPG/4th goal overall, right after NU scored, that could have deflated them. They persevered and got it done.

Davies had his best weekend of the year. Much more poised and impressive both with the puck and without. Two goals is great too. Solow continues his solid play. Madden gets back on the goal sheet. Jozefek with two elite-level shots for his goals. Impressive stuff out of him, already passed last year's goal amount. And Schule continues his Senior Year Breakout, scoring the OT game winner against Lowell just as he did last year.

Discipline obviously is huge to work on, but this team has been good in that department this year. Not sure what happened tonight. Lots of upperclassmen penalties, Lerario obvious the big one people will focus on but he wasn't the only repeat offender this weekend. I'm sure Madigan will straighten it all out.

A little worried about shot suppression...BU poured on the shots last weekend, and we got outshot by Lowell too. Aided by the powerplays but still. Wonder if it's something on our end that is enabling shots to get through, or teams are shooting more to try and beat an elite goaltender in Primeau. Either way, something to consider and look into.

4 points is 4 points. These are two teams NU will likely be fighting for position come playoff time. Bank the points now and turn the focus to UVM
                  Last edited by NU_Husky; 11-11-2018, 12:01 PM.
                  "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Another come from behind victory. I can't say I like it but I will take a 4 PT weekend any day. Nice job Huskies.!

Comment

• holy cow, i missed tonight & they've done it again!
                      NU Huskies!
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                        Another come from behind victory. I can't say I like it but I will take a 4 PT weekend any day. Nice job Huskies.!
                        Rossi, this one's for you from the folks over at gonu er.. nuhuskies.com -
                        this yrs team.. they are the Cardiac Canines

Don't touch those staples
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

It's hard not to think about this year as a "down year" after having the top line scoring we did the last two seasons. And I think it really shows how much we are progressing as a program. We are still finding ways to win games.

I honestly wasn't impressed with Madigan when he took over in 2011 and his first couple seasons (probably more biased by key recruits leaving us), but it's amazing how much he has improved us overall.

I missed the games this week, but all I can say is keep it up. Times are pretty good.

Comment

They do it again. For the 4th time this year, they erase a 2 goal deficit. Fought back to make it 3-2 and gave up a quick answer to make it 4-2 but just kept plugging away. Early Friday night, I thought that it might be time to give Madden a game off to catch his breath. Then he sets up the winner on Friday and scores the tying goal on Saturday. As we've seen in years past, points forsaken early in the year will come back to haunt you. This team isn't letting points go easily. Great weekend.

Comment

• Madden has been clutch last 2 gms. Great to hear new names. He has been awesome.

Pecararo saw limited time vs UConn, i did not see much of him again unless i missed something. Really hope he is 100% soon. Kid has waited so long.. wishing him the best.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Pecararo was dressed as the 13th forward last night. Picked up assists on two of the NU goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X