X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Originally posted by DLG View Post
    I think there were 10,000 there tonight
    9,999 of them must have been in the bathrooms, from the look of it on NESN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      No, I wouldn't. The tournament AQ's are BS. Maine doesn't deserve a shot any more than BC does.
      Ok!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        9,999 of them must have been in the bathrooms, from the look of it on NESN.
        I’m thinking 11,000 or so total paid. We’ll see

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
          Win or lose tomorrow, this team although not the most talented squad individually is collectively going into the tournament as a 2 seed and that gas never happened before!
          Looking at the Pairwise predictor it appears NU is a 2 seed with a win tomorrow and a 3 seed with a loss.

Also NU was a 2 seed in 2009.
          Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 03-22-2019, 10:57 PM.
          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            I’m thinking 11,000 or so total paid. We’ll see
            at $10 / $11 bucks a slice of pizza.. that's a lot of pepperoni
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Soooo...Beanpot redux.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Sizzling Rabid Eagles versus the Cardiac Canines..

Me thinks they may prove bit much for NU tonight.. but who knows.. not giving up on this group.
                26 wins, NCAA bound.. & playing the H.E. Championship gm... this year! ?..
                who would've thunk?! It's all good! ..take it in, nice NU!
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  Sizzling Rabid Eagles versus the Cardiac Canines...Me thinks they may prove bit much for NU tonight..
                  Methinks somebody is sandbagging.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                    Methinks somebody is sandbagging.
                    i was dead serious..cant disagree with their season.
                    Its all good.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

2 tickets available for finals tonight in Premium Club Seating section 109. Paid $50 ea but willing to negotiate price. Transferable through Ticketmaster account. Make me an offer Email me at mikesprice@comcast.net
                      Last edited by msprice; 03-23-2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

You blow this tonight, you’ll take it to your grave...

Your fvcking grave
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          You blow this tonight, you’ll take it to your grave...

Your fvcking grave
                          ha, ha.. its gonna be a long long list..
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by msprice View Post
                            2 tickets available for finals tonight in Premium Club Seating section 109. Paid $50 ea but willing to negotiate price. Transferable through Ticketmaster account. Make me an offer Email me at mikesprice@comcast.net
                            Auggh!!! Wish you posted this 15 mins sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                              Looking at the Pairwise predictor it appears NU is a 2 seed with a win tomorrow and a 3 seed with a loss.

Also NU was a 2 seed in 2009.
                              The difference between 2 and 3 seed is which color shirt they wear. I wan to win so they are champs, they are in NCAA, at what number doesn't really interest me, all the teams are good

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                PC is squarely on the bubble. If either BU or BC got/gets in (among other wild-cards) the Friars are out, never mind PC's superior body of work.
                                End-of-season AQ's are inequitably gifted. Pretty sure we agree on this.
                                Hell, I wouldn't even want Maine to steal a berth in that manner. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to negate a RS for the sake of a gimmick PS tournament, if one employs any logic at all.
                                Define 'superior'. PC went 2-4-0 against BC this season, and when they controlled their destiny as far as getting into the dance, the #2 seed couldn't come up with their superior body of work and take down the #7 seed. If PC gets in at this point, that would be the epitome of backing into the dance.

BC on the other hand, if they happen to win the automatic qualifier, will have taken down the #1, #2 and #3 seeds in the tournament to get to get there.
                                That's not 'stealing' a berth, That's going out and kicking you in the face, slapping you up the backside of your head and taking the gawdam thing. Big difference there.
                                If it is of any comfort for you, and BC does 'steal it', you can take solace in that your team went 3-0-0 on the season against the Hockey East Champions.

If BC doesn't take down #3 tonight, they have no business getting to the dance.
                                If they do win, they have earned the auto bid and do belong (as does Northeastern, as they have earned it over the course of the season).
                                That's my 2 cents on all of that. Peace, Out.

Sorry Nu fans for hijacking your thread, but he started it.

Beanpot rematch tonight. May the best team win. Should be a barn burner.
                                Go Eagles!
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X