X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    I like the uniforms the BU Women’s team wears. Any chance the Men’s team can wear a similar style?
    Funny. But seriously, which ones don't you like? The "Bob Marquis era" (I like those) or the "block lettering" ones (I DON'T like those)? To be honest, I was getting a little tired of the "Red Wings" uniform after about thirty-five years (at least the time period since I have been watching the Terriers, which dates back to 1971 until around 2008 or so when they started introducing the alternate jerseys).

(BTW, do the people that maintain the website understand that last night was an exhibition game? They have our overall record now as "1-2")

Comment

I caught most of the game on the stream.
      - The announcers (Bernie and ??) had trouble keeping track of the USA guys. Not sure ion they didn't get the numbers memorized, or just had trouble with their eyesight.
      - DeBoer looks bigger than I expected.
      - Farrance looks like he is absolutely playing at another level. Having him and Krys on the same team could mean a ton of offense from the defense this year. Blixt was also aggressive going deep in the zone. Not sure if he'll still be doing that on the games that count.
      - Farrabee looks like the kind of player that will have a relatively slow start but turn it on in the second half as he adjusts to the speed. I think Wise will score more early on (even though that isn't the case so far).
      - Lots of the typical hustle we've come to expect from Curry, Amonte, Chabot, etc.
      - As far as our recruits go, Zegras looked very good. He had two assists, and I'm not sure why they didn't give he and Hughes assists on the first goal. I believe Zegras shot the puck, Oettinger got a piece of it but it snuck through his pads and was sitting in the crease when Caulfield just knocked it in.
      - Vlasic is huge. I can see why he has ben climbing up the ratings. Webber (on loan from Rivers) looked fine, and McCarthy looked like a solid two-way guy. Fensore didn't dress. Maybe there is a rule against on playing more than 50% of your defense with players going to the same school :-).
      - I thought Boldy (BC) was one of the top players. Not looking forward to having to face him for the next couple years.

Planning on going to tonights game. 20 minutes away, can't beat it. Will be curious to see who dresses.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

That U-18 team was ridiculously talented in their offensive zone, certainly the best squad I've seen them come in with top to bottom. It was great practice for our guys to get used to that level of talent and speed, which some in the Twittersphere speculated might be the highest level of offensive talent we'd see all season. I was actually fairly happy with the overall defensive play by our guys once they adjusted to the U18s team speed and given Krys not being in the lineup.

That said, the USA defense was **** poor across the board. Horrendous defensive positioning, manning up, and general defensive technique. Complete Jekyll and Hyde in their two zones.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          I caught most of the game on the stream.
          - The announcers (Bernie and ??) had trouble keeping track of the USA guys. Not sure ion they didn't get the numbers memorized, or just had trouble with their eyesight.
          - DeBoer looks bigger than I expected.
          - Farrance looks like he is absolutely playing at another level. Having him and Krys on the same team could mean a ton of offense from the defense this year. Blixt was also aggressive going deep in the zone. Not sure if he'll still be doing that on the games that count.
          - Farrabee looks like the kind of player that will have a relatively slow start but turn it on in the second half as he adjusts to the speed. I think Wise will score more early on (even though that isn't the case so far).
          - Lots of the typical hustle we've come to expect from Curry, Amonte, Chabot, etc.
          - As far as our recruits go, Zegras looked very good. He had two assists, and I'm not sure why they didn't give he and Hughes assists on the first goal. I believe Zegras shot the puck, Oettinger got a piece of it but it snuck through his pads and was sitting in the crease when Caulfield just knocked it in.
          - Vlasic is huge. I can see why he has ben climbing up the ratings. Webber (on loan from Rivers) looked fine, and McCarthy looked like a solid two-way guy. Fensore didn't dress. Maybe there is a rule against on playing more than 50% of your defense with players going to the same school :-).
          - I thought Boldy (BC) was one of the top players. Not looking forward to having to face him for the next couple years.

Planning on going to tonights game. 20 minutes away, can't beat it. Will be curious to see who dresses.
          -Mark Linehan, back as Bernie’s sidekick, pointed out that it wasn’t a very physical game, as opposed to what BU will face tonight against Merrimack ( in that smaller rink with quirky corners).
          -Oettinger’s four goals against doesn’t sound particularly good, but 16 first-period saves, many on Grade A’s, kept things from getting out of hand. Think he could be faulted on the Vlasic goal for leaving the long rebound, perhaps on the first one, too.
          -Agree on Farrance who is much improved in the D-zone. Still, he was on the ice for 3 even strength goals; Fabbro for all four. And the even strength goals all came against the top two lines. But as Albie pointed out, “I don’t know if we’ll play anyone as good offensively in college hockey.”
          -Willman showed good offensive skill as well as strength in the corners. Without Greenway and Tkachuk, he's one of the bigger forwards among the top nine.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            That U-18 team was ridiculously talented in their offensive zone, certainly the best squad I've seen them come in with top to bottom. It was great practice for our guys to get used to that level of talent and speed, which some in the Twittersphere speculated might be the highest level of offensive talent we'd see all season. I was actually fairly happy with the overall defensive play by our guys once they adjusted to the U18s team speed and given Krys not being in the lineup.

That said, the USA defense was **** poor across the board. Horrendous defensive positioning, manning up, and general defensive technique. Complete Jekyll and Hyde in their two zones.
            That's concerning, since half of them are coming to BU....

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

As someone who has posted on this board more than once to complain about how expensive ticket prices are at Agganis, I’m expecting the same, if not harsher admonishment of Merrimack. Tickets to tonight’s game are $28. Yes, that’s right. Twenty eight. For Merrimack. In their rink.

Comment

Hard to imagine BU playing worse than they did in first period-down 2-0
                Harper clearly shaking rust from last year
                Ryan Cloonan not on team during summer, hasn't scored in 2 years playing on 2nd line

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  As someone who has posted on this board more than once to complain about how expensive ticket prices are at Agganis, I’m expecting the same, if not harsher admonishment of Merrimack. Tickets to tonight’s game are $28. Yes, that’s right. Twenty eight. For Merrimack. In their rink.
                  What's the attendance like?

Comment

Maybe 2/3 full.

Comment

Prawdzik in goal now - Why did Oettinger play the whole exhibition game last night

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                        Prawdzik in goal now - Why did Oettinger play the whole exhibition game last night
                        Jake needs to sit for a game. His play has been inconsistent and, at times, just plain sloppy (the last two goals in the first Mankato game, and Mankato's go ahead goal in the second). Competition for playing time is good, up and down the line-up, and no one should think that their playing time is preordained or assured.
                        Last edited by OldAlum; 10-20-2018, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Well that was unpleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                            Ryan Cloonan not on team during summer, hasn't scored in 2 years playing on 2nd line
                            What the actual ****? Why?

BU Hockey: 0-3
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Special teams were awful. Incredibly passive on PP and PK. Lost so many puck battles. Hate to say it, but Mack looked more prepared, better coached, and more aggressive.
                              Go BU!

Comment

why again did bu hire the union coach?!?!?!?!!?

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X