X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    While we are talking about the arena experience, I have to add a couple thoughts/questions:
    - Were the luxury boxes added later than the original construction? I had not been in several years, but I thought I remembered it feeling more "open" in the concourse area. Not as open as the Whit, but more than Agganis. So I was wondering if the boxes were added recently.
    - Also, I always appreciate a good band. But magnifying the sound so loudly over the speaker system was obnoxious. Especially during the glacially-moving last minute of the game. The quality was good, though the song selection was different - at times I didn't even realize it was the band I was listening to, because the song just seemed to be some random song I didn't know.

Anyway, glad the Terrier band was there.
    The 5 boxes have always been there. At least one is reserved for press. I believe there is space above them available to build out other boxes that could be true luxury boxes but don't quote me on that.

Regarding volume, I noticed the same thing and didn't like it either. I'd like to think they left it at the 'usual' volume and didn't adjust for 2,000 less people that would help absorb the sound but I think they just screwed up. As a rule, if you tweet @tsongascenter about such things, you may notice some quick response. Sound volume may be out of their reach but when our section doesn't have an usher, one shows up pretty quick after such a tweet.
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      See what you can do to get ice cream added to the concession selection for next season. Dippin’ Dots are a crime against humanity.
      Totally agree!!!!!
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        While we are talking about the arena experience, I have to add a couple thoughts/questions:
        - Were the luxury boxes added later than the original construction? I had not been in several years, but I thought I remembered it feeling more "open" in the concourse area. Not as open as the Whit, but more than Agganis. So I was wondering if the boxes were added recently.
        The boxes on the scorer's/penalty boxes side of the rink (i.e. at the top of sections 116-120) have always been there, but before UML bought the arena they were all media boxes, now only one is for the media. However, the Pavilion Club at the top of sections 122-124 which takes up the entire concourse area and no longer allows one to walk completely around the concourse was built by UML after they bought the arena.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          However, the Pavilion Club at the top of sections 122-124 which takes up the entire concourse area and no longer allows one to walk completely around the concourse was built by UML after they bought the arena. Sean
          Correct. We got a $5m bond from UMass Building Authority (or something close) for arena improvements. There is another full bar under that which is open to all, whereas the Pavillion club needs a ticket. Other renovations from that bond were the Diamondvision scoreboard and the side ribbon boards. The school taking over the arena from the city ($1 and assumption of debt ($2-3m)) from the city. was one of the best things the school has ever done.
          Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

An unsaid point from last night - there was a Dropkick Murphys concert at Tsongas yesterday at noon and the ice conditions last night were HORRIBLE. That and it likely prevented both teams from getting a morning/afternoon skate in at the rink. Combined, I think that caused a lot of the helter-skelter play from both teams all night. By the time the third period rolled around the ice was clearly in brutal shape, the puck was bouncing around like a ping pong ball, there appeared to be dead spots that guys were tripping on. It was awful, and the league should've strongly considered making this a Thursday/Friday/Sunday series.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              An unsaid point from last night - there was a Dropkick Murphys concert at Tsongas yesterday at noon and the ice conditions last night were HORRIBLE. That and it likely prevented both teams from getting a morning/afternoon skate in at the rink. Combined, I think that caused a lot of the helter-skelter play from both teams all night. By the time the third period rolled around the ice was clearly in brutal shape, the puck was bouncing around like a ping pong ball, there appeared to be dead spots that guys were tripping on. It was awful, and the league should've strongly considered making this a Thursday/Friday/Sunday series.
              The Dropkick Murphys were at the House of Blues last night. They moved those shows from Lowell to Boston awhile ago.
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                The Dropkick Murphys were at the House of Blues last night. They moved those shows from Lowell to Boston awhile ago.
                Odd, there were multiple ads I saw online on Friday saying the concert was on Saturday at Tsongas.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                  Hope you guys bring a bunch, enjoy your pre-game in the area and have a blast at the game. Cheers!
                  Where are the visiting team sections? Also, not sure if the website it "accurate" but it looks as though there are a million seats "available" still.

Comment

Go, Scarlet!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Where are the visiting team sections? Also, not sure if the website it "accurate" but it looks as though there are a million seats "available" still.
                      114-115. Careful with the last row in 115, many obstructed view seats there from the luxury boxes jutting out in front.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

114-115. Careful with the last row in 115, many obstructed view seats there from the luxury boxes jutting out in front.
                        Thanks. Won't want to go that high anyway...just above the glass.

Comment

Many BU fans were in these sections and maybe 113 as well. Get something close and I bet you'll be able to migrate somewhat to be in a more comforatable spot and/or closer to your fellow Terriers.
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                            Many BU fans were in these sections and maybe 113 as well. Get something close and I bet you'll be able to migrate somewhat to be in a more comfortable spot and/or closer to your fellow Terriers.
                            Thanks. Already got it. Box score said 3130 last night...this is about what it has been - at UMass Friday it was 3076 and 3989 last night. I'm expecting maybe upwards of 4000 tonight...so there should be some "room" for maneuvering.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              Thanks. Already got it. Box score said 3130 last night...this is about what it has been - at UMass Friday it was 3076 and 3989 last night. I'm expecting maybe upwards of 4000 tonight...so there should be some "room" for maneuvering.
                              You'll be totally fine. The majority of people were on/between the bluelines. I'm not as optimistic as you for 4000 but if the students are back early enough, hoping that fills in nicely.
                              Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

So puck drops at 11p....

Mookie not so sure he will be up for that... still a late end and this could be a quintuple ot extravaganza
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X