X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    In my research I found no players with the first name of Oliver...
    What? You mean you never heard of Oliver Barrett IV, who gained international fame in a Harvard hockey jersey?
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
      Yikes!

So that means that Cloonan will score this weekend in Northern Ireland.
      For a moment, the TV Announcer attributed Cockerill’s goal to Cloonan and I thought, “Wow. Harry was right!”
      P.S. Nice play by Harper there. Need more of that.

Comment

So you guys are able to watch? WiFi is down at the arena. I heard Bernie isn’t able to do the radio broadcast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          So you guys are able to watch? WiFi is down at the arena. I heard Bernie isn’t able to do the radio broadcast.
          That's awful for him to have put in the effort to get over there and then not be able to broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Yes, I was able to watch. It was interesting to hear what players the announcers pushed (most were the Europeans) and how they kept referring to BU draft picks as "former draft picks" (which technically they are, but is was still weird to hear).

BTW, Cloonan has now tied Eric Gryba for the 4th longest scoreless streak as a Terrier at 88 straight games. Next on the list is Tom Morrow at 109, then Patrick MacGregor at 115 and finally Mark Krys at 123.
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
              What? You mean you never heard of Oliver Barrett IV, who gained international fame in a Harvard hockey jersey?
              Love is never having to say your sorry 😐

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                Yes, I was able to watch. It was interesting to hear what players the announcers pushed (most were the Europeans) and how they kept referring to BU draft picks as "former draft picks" (which technically they are, but is was still weird to hear).

BTW, Cloonan has now tied Eric Gryba for the 4th longest scoreless streak as a Terrier at 88 straight games. Next on the list is Tom Morrow at 109, then Patrick MacGregor at 115 and finally Mark Krys at 123.
                Pat isn’t the MacGregor I’m thinking of wasn’t there a Bruce who scored an OT and series winner vs UNH in a 2 game quarterfinal series at WBA in the mid 80’s

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                  Pat isn’t the MacGregor I’m thinking of wasn’t there a Bruce who scored an OT and series winner vs UNH in a 2 game quarterfinal series at WBA in the mid 80’s
                  Bruce MacGregor’s son Brad scored that goal. 1984 ECAC QF Series.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Any word on why Jake Wise sat out 2nd and 3rd periods? He was on the bench.
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Mookie tried radio and it failed.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Failed early for me, too, but came on later in the game with another try.

If someone could figure out a way to sync TV sports and internet radio sports calls, I would give them $$$. I HATE TV announcers, and the radio always seems to be delayed 15 to 25 seconds from the TV broadcast.

Comment

29th now in pairwise
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

bu oldtimer provided the Terrier Takeaway, direct from Belfast, in today's THFB
                            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Nice to see Willman, Cheremeta, and Blixt all get their first points of the season. No points from our top-5 scorers. Based on seeing the highlights, looked like a major "grind it out" type of win.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                Nice to see Willman, Cheremeta, and Blixt all get their first points of the season. No points from our top-5 scorers. Based on seeing the highlights, looked like a major "grind it out" type of win.
                                Good hard fought win for BU.

Does anyone know why the BU coach denied the local host broadcast crew an interview after the 1st period? Based on announcers, he was too upset with the team’s play. During the friendship four tournament to expose hockey in Ireland? If so, that’s a little immature and unprofessional for the occasion, not to mention it’s a college hockey game in November. Get over yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X