X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    Who decided to hire this guy?
    Jerry secretly plugged him .. there was some collusion. Also hearing supposed talk of a 50 story BU tower on BC's campus.. York is supposed to get the penthouse suite.

(all sides deny the above as fake news & a witch hunt)
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Did you guys think BU was good or something? 4-6-1 coming into this one.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Did you guys think BU was good or something? 4-6-1 coming into this one.
        No. A lot of talent, yes. Good...no. Big difference.

Comment

BC is in the lower half of the pairwise and J.D. is triggered by BU fans complaining about losing again to a below average team? We both suck. Happy now?

Comment

Cry Tater. Yes I am triggered because I responded.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Cry Tater. Yes I am triggered because I responded.
              TRIGGERED!!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Newsflash...so is BU
                And you know we have significantly more talent than the ****fest in Newton.

Comment

Sounds like BU should have been picked to win the league then

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Sounds like BU should have been picked to win the league then
                    From the mouths of babes.....

Comment

I don’t know which team has the better “talent” on paper I just know what team looked they had it in the game. You don’t crow about being the better team when you get roasted on your home ice. That said a 1/3 of the way through the season O’Connell looks overmatched in the HC position. Other then not winning any games at all I can’t imagine a worse start for this team. They have 4 wins of which three were one goal wins vs Maine, UNH and UConn. In 5 of their 12 games they have scored 1 or less goals. Statistically they are one of the handful of most inept offensive teams in the nation . A quarter of their goals have been from the back line and they only have 13 even strength goals basically one per game.
                      Last edited by Jofa; 12-01-2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Things have been.... difficult

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                          I don’t know which team has the better “talent” on paper I just know what team looked they had it in the game. You don’t crow about being the better team when you get roasted on your home ice. That said a 1/3 of the way through the season O’Connell looks overmatched in the HC position. Other then not winnng any games at all I can’t imagine a worst start for this team. They have 4 wins of which three were one goal wins vs Maine, UNH and UConn. In 5 of their 12 games they have scored 1 or less goals. Statistically they are one of the handful of most inept offensive teams in the nation . A quarter of their goals have been from the back line and they only have 13 even strength goals basically one per game.
                          Is the root cause of the anemic offense the talent? Or the system?

This team is thin up front on talent. No secondary scoring and several guys counted on to produce haven't. Sure they're getting lots of SOG but not much in grade-A chances.

Bowers has regressed. Harper hasn't been the same player prior to falling ill. Farabee and Wise haven't produced to their billing. Amonte and Curry have been nice in their roles, but this team needs others to produce.

Comment

I was very happy when Albie got hired and really want to see him succeed, but where might BU be so far this season if DQ was still behind the bench? Would he have gotten more out of this roster?

Comment

Such a shame to waste a sold-out house with a vibrant atmosphere. So disappointing.

That 5 minute major to start the game was the perfect microcosm of what was to come. What a train-wreck.

Cloonan really should not be in uniform.

What happened to Jake? He was flopping like a fish last night. No way a goalie with his pedigree should have let in that first goal.

BC should have won that game 7-1. They had three other break-away/2 on 1 chances they blew.

Wohl played very well. BU Probably deserved one more goal, but that still doesn't cut it.

It's going to be a long season. Time to jump on the UMass bandwagon.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                Such a shame to waste a sold-out house with a vibrant atmosphere. So disappointing.

That 5 minute major to start the game was the perfect microcosm of what was to come. What a train-wreck.

Cloonan really should not be in uniform.

What happened to Jake? He was flopping like a fish last night. No way a goalie with his pedigree should have let in that first goal.

BC should have won that game 7-1. They had three other break-away/2 on 1 chances they blew.

Wohl played very well. BU Probably deserved one more goal, but that still doesn't cut it.

It's going to be a long season. Time to jump on the UMass bandwagon.

A BU team that could execute & finish should've put up at least 3 in the 1st. At times BC looked outclassed but BU couldn't create better chances despite all the possession & puck movement.

It was obvious who the better goalie was last night. Although this BU team has developed this recent ability to make good goalies look even better...

Cloonan shouldn't be on this team. Wasn't supposed to be but after Tkachuk left (bad timing -- still wish he had made his decision right after the draft), BU was in need for another body.

IMO this BU team has 10/11 D-1 caliber forwards. Every night there are a couple of forwards playing that are not quite D-1 talent. Lack of depth really exposed when not getting primary nor secondary scoring.

Comment

Working...
                                X