This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Disgusting hit by a Lowell played on Bobo into the boards. He was in a lot of pain.
    That was a seriously ugly hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
      Lucas Condotta cheap shot from behind. Bernie said "I'm disgusted." And he said "Those who know me know I would feel the same way if it was the other way also." Seven seconds left in a two goal game. Don't know what is going on with the officials. Ten minute delay so far. Bobo busted his tail to get back on the ice after missing ten games. This is going to be ugly tomorrow.
      Incredibly cheap shot. And the uml announcers basically gave him a pass and blamed Farabee for going after the guy who threw the cheap shot. I mean I realize these guys are homers but they are like tommy Heinsen level homers. Difficult to listen to. And now bobo done I’m sure. That shoulder did not look good

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
        That was a seriously ugly hit.
        Suspension has to be on the table there.

Officiating tonight in both directions was HORRIBLE.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by boots68 View Post
          Incredibly cheap shot. And the uml announcers basically gave him a pass and blamed Farabee for going after the guy who threw the cheap shot. I mean I realize these guys are homers but they are like tommy Heinsen level homers. Difficult to listen to. And now bobo done I’m sure. That shoulder did not look good
          In the officials' crease, not even looking, absolutely buried from behind. Absolutely uncalled for and classless.

Comment

On another note, BC wins in OT. If they steal this series it's probably better for us as we'll avoid UMass. (Trust me, you don't want to play them)

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

1000% agree. Called very tight game early, then put whistles away. Hit on Bobo was reckless and unnecessary to put it kindly; a dirty, classless cheapshot is more apropos.

In the NHL that hit gets 5-game suspension.

Comment

• So, Jack Eichel - 4 seasons in Buffalo, 0 playoff games. Hmmmm.
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Totally agree on the ugly hit but let's be fair here Very similar hit the other way at the end of game one. Let's move on to game three and hope that cooler heads prevail on both sides before someone gets hurt.
                  Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                  Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                  "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                  KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                    Totally agree on the ugly hit but let's be fair here Very similar hit the other way at the end of game one. Let's move on to game three and hope that cooler heads prevail on both sides before someone gets hurt.
                    "Someone" already DID get hurt. Doubt that Bobo is coming back after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      So, Jack Eichel - 4 seasons in Buffalo, 0 playoff games. Hmmmm.
                      I had pizza for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        "Someone" already DID get hurt. Doubt that Bobo is coming back after that.
                        Actually I believe we got word in stands that he was fine before the refs were done reviewing the tape.
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Actually I believe we got word in stands that he was fine before the refs were done reviewing the tape.
                          Oh, well that would be good news because initially he was in pretty rough shape.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                            So, Jack Eichel - 4 seasons in Buffalo, 0 playoff games. Hmmmm.
                            I'm not sure what your point is. Did you expect the #2 pick in the draft to stay at BU?

Comment

I didn't see what Bowers did last night, but was told he slashed a couple of Lowell guys on his way to the ENG celebration. That is not even close to boarding a guy from behind at full game speed from a player safety standpoint.

And yes, early indications are Bobo is doing OK - BU's head AT walked back on the ice after taking him down to the locker room and gave the bench a thumbs up. If Bobo was seriously hurt I doubt the head AT would come back to the bench to stand around for the last 7 seconds. Unclear how he'll feel tomorrow of course.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                I didn't see what Bowers did last night, but was told he slashed a couple of Lowell guys on his way to the ENG celebration. That is not even close to boarding a guy from behind at full game speed from a player safety standpoint.
                                Bowers was swining his stick like an axe all night. As you said, you didn't see it. The refs gave him a major for a reason but hey, believe what you want to believe.
                                Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X