This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
    Bowers was swining his stick like an axe all night. As you said, you didn't see it. The refs gave him a major for a reason but hey, believe what you want to believe.
    Interesting that you come here to initiate yet on the UML thread you just wrote:

09:34 PM Today
    No need for that last hit by Lowell. Inexcusable

Would give you even more cred if you posted same here instead of deflecting to what Bowers did. Which, BTW, was dumb and unnecessary, but circumstancially different than what happened tonight.
    Last edited by Friend_of_BU_Hockey; 03-16-2019, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
      ...they're .500!!!!!!!!! Geez....
      Not yet
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Not yet
        Well it was an approximation

Comment

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
          Bowers was swining his stick like an axe all night. As you said, you didn't see it. The refs gave him a major for a reason but hey, believe what you want to believe.
          Whether he was "swinging his stick like an axe all night" isn't relevant to whether the league would deem the penalty worthy of an additional suspension.

You're right I didn't see it, my friend who is a USA Hockey certified ref is the one who did and told me what happened. He also told me it's not in the same potentially suspendable category as the hit on Carpenter tonight. His assessment was Bowers rightfully got a major and a game misconduct for a stupid and unsportsmanlike play but not a player safety risk. I'll defer to his judgment here.
          ÂŻ\_(ツ)_/ÂŻ

Comment

Are you serious? You’re comparing the slash that would not have hurt a seven-year-old on the ice to a massive hit from behind that could’ve left him paralyzed? Get real will you?

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
              So, Jack Eichel - 4 seasons in Buffalo, 0 playoff games. Hmmmm.
              So Jack Eichel one year in college hockey. One national championship game appearance.
              UMass Lowell 35 years in division one college hockey and zero national championship game appearances.
              Your point?

Comment

That might be a more bizarre post than his. When I read buoldtimer I immediately think UML.

Comment

Saw the game in person, every period was different.
                  - First period: I didn't think BU played terribly, but an early offensive zone penalty by Cheremeta and a dumb penalty by Curry were all UML needed to get going. It didn't help the Oettinger had a tough go of it. As much as I deride Krys, I thought the penalty called on him was a poor call. At best he got 20% of the guys body, really would have glanced off the side of him, but give the UML player credit for selling it with the leap into the boards.
                  - The second period was as wild a period as I have seen in a while. Defense was optional. In addition to Farabee's two goals he had another breakaway and a couple good chances for a hat trick late. BU had trouble with UMLs transition speed, as our defense were leaving way too many guys open. But we had the momentum as the period wound down, would have been nice to get the tying goal.
                  - Third period - I could literally tell within 30 seconds that the guys had lost the jump in their step. The aggressive play was left int he locker room, perhaps the coaches wanted to tighten things up. But then to have UML get another rebound goal from an uncovered RiverHawk was just as frustrating as can be. We had very little offensive jump all period long, really until we pulled the goalie with over 3 minutes left (I believe).
                  - I didn't see the hit on Carpenter, but I heard it and heard the crowd groan. I wasn't even sure which team had been hit, but then I saw Farabee circle back with clear intent to go after someone, so I knew then what had happened. I thought, "Ok, we're not going to have Farabee for game 3, because I thought he would get a DQ. Thankfully, unless there is additional punishment by the league, he'll play. I wonder if the league might consider suspending both Farabee and the UML guy that hit Bobo.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Anything planned for this evening/afternoon game?
                    "What about my asthma?"
                    "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

Comment

Originally posted by boots68 View Post
                      So Jack Eichel one year in college hockey. One national championship game appearance.
                      UMass Lowell 35 years in division one college hockey and zero national championship game appearances.
                      Your point?
                      Since you bring up Lowell's somewhat slim NCAA tournament success, I thought I would mention that I find it strange that UML appears to consider making the NCAA tournament more important than winning the Hockey East tournament as they have individual banners for every year they have made the NCAA Tournament, and a second one for the year they made the Frozen Four, but only one shared banner for their three Hockey East tournament titles.

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        Since you bring up Lowell's somewhat slim NCAA tournament success, I thought I would mention that I find it strange that UML appears to consider making the NCAA tournament more important than winning the Hockey East tournament as they have individual banners for every year they have made the NCAA Tournament, and a second one for the year they made the Frozen Four, but only one shared banner for their three Hockey East tournament titles.

Sean
                        Eh...we aren't the only school who has silly banner choices. We all noticed it when the most recent ones went up and when we earn another one, perhaps it'll get tidied up. You're reading far more into it than there is. One might also say that it's harder to win HE than to get into the NCAA...
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by SpauldingSmails View Post
                          Anything planned for this evening/afternoon game?
                          Hope you guys bring a bunch, enjoy your pre-game in the area and have a blast at the game. Cheers!
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Hope you guys bring a bunch, enjoy your pre-game in the area and have a blast at the game. Cheers!
                            See what you can do to get ice cream added to the concession selection for next season. Dippin’ Dots are a crime against humanity.

Comment

While we are talking about the arena experience, I have to add a couple thoughts/questions:
                              - Were the luxury boxes added later than the original construction? I had not been in several years, but I thought I remembered it feeling more "open" in the concourse area. Not as open as the Whit, but more than Agganis. So I was wondering if the boxes were added recently.
                              - Also, I always appreciate a good band. But magnifying the sound so loudly over the speaker system was obnoxious. Especially during the glacially-moving last minute of the game. The quality was good, though the song selection was different - at times I didn't even realize it was the band I was listening to, because the song just seemed to be some random song I didn't know.

Anyway, glad the Terrier band was there.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

WAKEFIELD, Mass. - Hockey East announced today that UMass Lowell freshman forward Lucas Condotta (Georgetown, Ont.) has been suspended for one game stemming from an incident at 19:52 of the third period on Saturday, March 16 against Boston University. Condotta will miss the game on Sunday, March 17 against Boston University and be eligible to return to the River Hawks lineup in their next game
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X