This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
    Unfortunately, the days of folks recognizing the gender, and singular/plural, distinctions between 'Alumnus,' 'Alumni', 'Alumna' and the now almost obscure 'Alumnae', are almost gone.

Classical educations, R.I.P.
    Things started rolling downhill when stiff folks referred to what bubba did with Lewinsky as “weird sex”
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Over / Under on attendance tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Over / Under on attendance tonight?
        More than it would have been at 0-5!

Getting 5 past a goalie of Primeau's caliber is not something we can count on doing a couple games in a row, so Oettinger will need to be on his game. I'd love to see lots of offense, but I am predicting a 4-2 win (ENG). Maybe I'm just being optimistic.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Nice to see Alex Chiasson having a very strong start to his season in Edmonton, after Washington opted to not re-sign him. His 5 goals are third on the team, and he is on pace to blow past his career high of 13.

Comment

After last night mookie is on pace to get some 365x this year......

So let's not just start licking each others popsicles

Comment

I know that we're all disappointed with the team's start this year, but I offer this as food for thought (and maybe optimism). We were very close in both games vs. Minnesota Mankato, and lost largely due to sloppy goal tending. And with younger team, with an as yet uncertain team identity, these losses loom probably larger than they are. The resulting tentativeness may explain them not really showing up for the Providence or Merrimack games.

All of those games were vs. teams with a majority of older, or even much older, players. That, however is the lot in life for the BUs and BCs of Div 1 hockey.

I was heartened by their play on Thursday night. Yes, there was plenty to pick at - sloppy passes that ended up on the wrong stick, too much freewheeling, failures to cover up for teammates when they pinched or opportunistically pursued the puck, but that will work itself out. They are talented; they are fast; they can play very tough and they are big. Thursday night should help a lot with their self image and their belief in one another. I think things are looking up.

Comment

See, all it took was mookie getting up early to watch a game.

1-0-0

Comment

Why does Hockey East seem unable to recruit new blood, or even a broader pool, of referees. Week in, week out why do we see the same old chestnuts with the orange band? Watch an NHL game, and you rarely notice the officials. With this HE bunch, they have significant ego needs, want to be the main event and the center of attention - all the while delivering an incredibly inconsistent product.

Why can't we send some of them over to do local ECAC games, and have the ECAC referees do some of the HE events. It's the same rule book, so our guys wouldn't have to study to make the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Yes, the terriors must win 2 games this season
                    And now we're well on our way!
                    Last edited by fr. joe; 11-03-2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
                      Why does Hockey East seem unable to recruit new blood, or even a broader pool, of referees. Week in, week out why do we see the same old chestnuts with the orange band? Watch an NHL game, and you rarely notice the officials. With this HE bunch, they have significant ego needs, want to be the main event and the center of attention - all the while delivering an incredibly inconsistent product.

Why can't we send some of them over to do local ECAC games, and have the ECAC referees do some of the HE events. It's the same rule book, so our guys wouldn't have to study to make the switch.
                      ECAC threads are chock full of awful ref stories. Like this would be an improvement?

Comment

That was a pretty solid win. Played hard for the entire 60 minutes. PK was very strong. Was hoping for a shut out for Jake. Hopefully something for them to build on.

Comment

44th in pairwise now!!

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                            ECAC threads are chock full of awful ref stories. Like this would be an improvement?
                            Well, maybe that wouldn't be a qualitative improvement, but the ECAC guys wouldn't be bringing the history and baggage some of the HE officials seem to carry for some of the teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              That was a pretty solid win. Played hard for the entire 60 minutes. PK was very strong. Was hoping for a shut out for Jake. Hopefully something for them to build on.
                              Nice to see Jake back in form. I too thought he deserved a shutout. And I continued to be heartened by the team's play.

NU and BU clearly don't like one another - it was evident even before the first puck drop. It will be an interesting first round of the Beanpot.

Comment

Only caught the first period. But when combined with Thursday night, the team definitely found some offensive flow. Now, whether that has to do with the style of play of the opponent, I don't know. But it is encouraging to see them score some goals, and gain some confidence. Hopefully that is what we will continue to see as the season continues.

Comment

Working...
                                X