X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

From this morning's Globe...

"Ranked No. 12 in the nation, the Huskies will be challenged by a surging BU squad in Monday’s opening-round matchup".
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
      From this morning's Globe...

"Ranked No. 12 in the nation, the Huskies will be challenged by a surging BU squad in Monday’s opening-round matchup".
      ..you've hit a few bumps, but not the famine we are experiencing.. can't disagree with the above much.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
        ..you've hit a few bumps, but not the famine we are experiencing.. can't disagree with the above much.
        You're joking, right?

Comment

Chickod I believe that northeastern is referencing the goal scoring drought NU is experiencing. NU has 5 goals scored in its last 5 games played. The 5 BU put up against UMass is looking good to Huskie fans.

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
            Chickod I believe that northeastern is referencing the goal scoring drought NU is experiencing. NU has 5 goals scored in its last 5 games played. The 5 BU put up against UMass is looking good to Huskie fans.
            I just wouldn't call it a "few bumps." But I guess everything is relative. Yes, our expectations are high, so in that sense I understand.

Comment

• Breakaway in overtime. Typical.

No softies by Oettinger in this one. First NU goal no call was just like the hook on McAvoy by Tampa Bay in Stanley Cup playoffs. Horrible. That said, NU carried the play.

Problem with BU is everybody is playing up one line meaning no real first liners and fourth liners would be first three scratches on a national contending team.

Comment

Their dude could finish a breakaway and our dude could not. Twice. Ballgame.

Great hockey game.

Jake was immense. One of his best games as a Terrier.

Onto to UMass
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

An embarrassing performance tonight. Oettinger playing his best game at BU prevented it from being a 5-1 type rout. Beanpot has lost its luster so not winning not a big deal but it is a big deal to have your program run over rough shod by Arizona St, UMass and NU in successive games. Nothing against these programs but the difference in talent skill and desire should never be this great with BU’s supposed advantage in recruiting and facilities. I will say it once again OConnell gets the least out of his players on most nights and it’s a dumb team. There are enough better then average players to pull an upset now and then. Losses to Union, Minn St, QU, NU, ASU, BC. Tie at Harvard. If it’s close they usually lose, that’s character.They will lose to Umass by 4 goals on Friday bank on it. Horrible character, leadership and coaching. 9 losses at home or neutral site.
                  Last edited by Jofa; 02-04-2019, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Their dude could finish a breakaway and our dude could not. Twice. Ballgame.

Great hockey game.

Jake was immense. One of his best games as a Terrier.

Onto to UMass
                    This wasn’t a matter of breakaways. NU put 24 shots on BU net in the third period alone. It was a total mismatch. When your goalie stands on his head you need to win the game.

Comment

• I suspect Bobo is done. Season over for team.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        I suspect Bobo is done. Season over for team.
                        Too bad I appreciate the 4 year players the most he was a good one. The four year players are the ones that should be honored.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          I suspect Bobo is done. Season over for team.
                          Wait, what? Where did that come from?
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Jofa, you are such an angry old man. They played their butts off tonight. They’re thin to begin with and they were without their best forward. They just don’t have the horses. NU is the better team and yet BU almost stole one.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              Jofa, you are such an angry old man. They played their butts off tonight. They’re thin to begin with and they were without their best forward. They just don’t have the horses. NU is the better team and yet BU almost stole one.
                              “old man” you know nothing about me jack wagon but yes I am angry about the product they have put out this year. You miss the point that BU shouldn’t have to steal one against against a team that BU should have an inherent advantage over with recruiting and program legacy. I saw Oettinger and maybe a couple of others play their butt off tonight against a team that was like 1-4 in their last 5 games.

Comment

A disappointing game, though exciting thanks to Oettinger. It should have been 5-1 or 6-1. Northeastern had much more flow to their game, and their skill level is clearly above ours - how many times did we mishandle the puck, send weak dump ins that were intercepted on the boards leading to the play coming right back at out net? And it's unfortunate that one of the harder workers on the team didn't make the simple dump-in play, but rather tried to beat three guys, leading to the game winning breakaway.

It's just becoming clearer and clearer that the talent level on this team is not what we would like to think. Fabbro is a potential All American, and Farabee is a high end talent, though raw given his age. But beyond them and Oettinger, I'm not sure we have what we thought. Bowers doesn't appear to have improved. I don't know what Harper's ailment was last year, but he just isn't the same player any more. I hope it's just that while healthy enough to play, he is still recovering. Beyond that, whoever made the comment that most players are playing up a line is right. Curry is having a nice season, but he should be a third liner with minimal PP time. Cockerill should be a third liner too, maybe second line with the right linemates. And poor Quercia - his lack of speed really showed against the speed and skill of the Huskies. At defense, for whatever reason, the puck movers like Krys and Farrance are not utilizing their great skating the way we've seen in the past.

I'm not going to judge Albie this early. Let's not forget about DQ's 10-win rookie season. Losing Wise and now Bobo is making it that much tougher. The talent level slated to come in appears to be an improvement. But this year is turning out to be worse than I expected.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X