BU is ranked above Minnesota, North Dakota, Michigan, Michigan St., Wisconsin, UNH, Maine, and BC in the pairwise. If this was ten years ago … we'd be having a great season!
Vinnie Purpura in goal tonight. Bobo is out, Albie mentioned an injury.
Picked a good night to not go. Ugh.
- I saw Mario (he says hi Mookie)
- ASU’s uni’s are ugly (Lose the grey.)
- Drop passes on 2 on 1’s are not a good strategy.
- The Cubs Fan Goalie looked good, but needs to work on rebound control
- They missed Bobo
Pathetic power play and, just for salt in the wound, imponderable officiating. Why can't we get some new blood into the officiating ranks? We get the same old chestnuts game after game, preening, posturing and making the game all about them. The 'play is under review', and then the decision has to be explained to both coaches.
only one hea team has more losses at home that the terriors (mack).
We can't "assume" that every team will "jell" to the same extent. What I see when I watch this team is a lot of talent and skill, but NO understanding of how to put it together. They seem to expend a lot of energy with no purpose. The drop pass to a covered forward on a clean 2 on 1 is the "symbolic" play that stands out, but they've been doing similar things all year. They don't seem to have a good instinct about when to do things. Some of this stuff you just can't teach. And that's the part of the recruiting game which is sort of a crap shoot, because we sometimes forget how young these players are. Now, it could be said that you are supposed to be able to "teach" this, but there are some intangibles that either you just have or you don't. Because if it were that easy, everyone would be a superstar.
To my way of thinking, after the blown loss to the Q, I looked at last night as a "prove it to me" game. This team was either going to show us that they could come up big when it counted, or they weren't. They didn't.
"What about my asthma?"
"Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"
BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing
1. I didn't think BU was awful Saturday night. I thought the difference in the game was that BU looked like they wanted to win, ASU played like the had to win. ASU did a great job of blocking shots and using their sticks to disrupt passes.
2. On the replay, it looked like the ASU goalie managed to deflect Willman's top of the crease shot with his skate? I thought that was a goal for sure.
3. Now, next year's recruiting class (entering in the fall) is supposed to be better than the current freshman class, right? So, if Bowers and Farrabee return, then we have something? I assume Fabbro is long gone.
if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole
Next man's opinion...
1. BU outplayed ASU for much of the 1st period. Numerous grade-A scoring chances. If they scored a couple of goals in that stretch, the complexion of the game totally changes. I don't think this BU team has issues front-running (not like it's happened often this season), but seems to get down on itself when they outplay the opposition and have nothing to show for it. It's the 4th home game where this has happened - 2nd Maine game, BC and Lowell were the other games where I felt this was also the case.
2. On paper next year's incoming class is very talented and deep. But like recent years past, they'll likely be pressed into significant roles right away based on roster turnover. Fabbro is definitely gone, whereas Oettinger, Krys, Bowers are 50/50. Farabee is definitely a flight risk, but I've heard he's more likely to return. Wouldn't be surprised to see at least 1 of Oettinger/Krys/Bowers return (if might not be whom many of us think) and someone whom I didn't mention depart early.
There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)