Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 628

Thread: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

  1. #561
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    638

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG Green View Post
    You guys will be fine once Priskie gets back in the next game at the "Dance"! It just goes to show you just how good of a player Priskie is and his impact on your team. Just go back a couple of years with Toews, Anas, St Denis, Garteig, etc as top end players.
    I guess I will chime in now about the Priskie incident! I purposely held off because it got too heated and I thought it would be unfair for Priskie, not to say he's not accountable. Yes, he delivered a little toe boot which intent proved far larger than outcome but nonetheless inexcusable. Two games was more than fair. From the outside, Priskie is NOT that type of player and wishing him nothing but the best moving forward as he finished his illustrious collegiate career and moves on to the Show.

  2. #562
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,646

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Diliberatore & Bongiovanni named to ECAC All-League Rookie Team


    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...d-to-ecac.html
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  3. #563
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    rome,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,491

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Two games in twenty six days will be interesting, they might be rusty, but they might be very hungry to play again !! Let's them get healthy though, probably the time off will be helpful. Rooting for you guys btw.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  4. #564
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    Two games in twenty six days will be interesting, they might be rusty, but they might be very hungry to play again !! Let's them get healthy though, probably the time off will be helpful. Rooting for you guys btw.
    Same here I am rooting for them all the way. This last weekend was for the most part embarrassing as Brown was clearly the better team. I hope they can pull it together and at least make it to the frozen 4. Worst case scenario I hope they at make a decent showing in the preliminary rounds.

  5. #565
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    rome,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,491

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Same here I am rooting for them all the way. This last weekend was for the most part embarrassing as Brown was clearly the better team. I hope they can pull it together and at least make it to the frozen 4. Worst case scenario I hope they at make a decent showing in the preliminary rounds.
    Brown was clearly the better team ?? Honestly ?
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  6. #566

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    63,804

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Good luck to Q in the NC$$. Hopefully we can all make Buffalo an ECAC after-party.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  7. #567
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    Brown was clearly the better team ?? Honestly ?
    Ok to be honest both teams did not play well but yes Brown was the better team. QU had a good first period of the second game and a very good second period but fell apart in the 3rd. Our guys have had a hard time all year with teams that have an aggressive forecheck and this weekend was no exception. Friday our offence went on vacation trying cover for our D and our passing was in slow motion there was no snap to the passes and on more than one occasion I saw the puck go past our D to then have them look at each other as if saying you want me to get that. I'll call it as I see it Brown deserved to win. I expect better things at the NCAA tournament we have to much talent they just need to pull it together

  8. #568
    Ever True since '92
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lowell, MA
    Posts
    2,613
    Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    Brown was clearly the better team ?? Honestly ?
    This was probably true on Friday – we outshot QU by 14 (though shots were even heading into the third). Saturday was more even overall, but each team completely dominated a different stretch of the game.

    Q was clearly missing its best player; no doubt about it. But Brown did well to outskate them for significant stretches of time in each game. We were more opportunistic, certainly. Don’t know if that means we were “better.”

  9. #569
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    132

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by kdiff77 View Post
    This was probably true on Friday – we outshot QU by 14 (though shots were even heading into the third). Saturday was more even overall, but each team completely dominated a different stretch of the game.

    Q was clearly missing its best player; no doubt about it. But Brown did well to outskate them for significant stretches of time in each game. We were more opportunistic, certainly. Don’t know if that means we were “better.”
    Simple and no excuses, Quinnipiac lost to Brown 3 out of 4 games this season. Turk, I hold reservations based on where they play and who they line up against. Like to see Odeen get to play his game, he will benefit from the rest.

  10. #570
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
    Simple and no excuses, Quinnipiac lost to Brown 3 out of 4 games this season. Turk, I hold reservations based on where they play and who they line up against. Like to see Odeen get to play his game, he will benefit from the rest.
    If the current bracket is this week's we could see several more weeks of hockey! No matter what happens, I do believe there will be at least 2 more games. This team is very good, and has had some time to reflect; learn some things about themselves and likely to even fill in Brandon's role with someone . . . still not 100% replacement no matter who or how it is...just need to keep the top 3 on the ice and out of the box...in fact, this team needs to stay out and with some luck, we should see the real Odeen with his full team back....

    14 Providence vs. 4 Minnesota Duluth
    10 Arizona State vs. 5 Quinnipiac

  11. #571
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,646

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
    If the current bracket is this week's we could see several more weeks of hockey! No matter what happens, I do believe there will be at least 2 more games. This team is very good, and has had some time to reflect; learn some things about themselves and likely to even fill in Brandon's role with someone . . . still not 100% replacement no matter who or how it is...just need to keep the top 3 on the ice and out of the box...in fact, this team needs to stay out and with some luck, we should see the real Odeen with his full team back....

    14 Providence vs. 4 Minnesota Duluth
    10 Arizona State vs. 5 Quinnipiac

    To me this would be the ideal bracket for Quinnipiac.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  12. #572
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,442

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Congrats to Andrew Shortridge for being named ECAC Goaltender of the Year.

    https://quinnipiacbobcats.com/news/2...-the-year.aspx
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  13. #573
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,563

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Long discussion about Chase Priskie by Bob McKenzie during break in Capitols game tonight. His take was that depending on his NCAA results Priskie may decide to wait until August and go the free agent route instead of signing with Caps. Nice position to be in.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  14. #574
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    112 @ The Bank
    Posts
    222

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    To me this would be the ideal bracket for Quinnipiac.
    i think id rather be put in a regional with mankato

  15. #575
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,646

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by IsThereADog View Post
    i think id rather be put in a regional with mankato
    Sure but I think Mankato is probably going to Allentown.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  16. #576
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Sure but I think Mankato is probably going to Allentown.
    What is the thinking that the Brown-Sweep yields some big benefits?

    1) maybe they now know, not think they know, the way to back fill Brandon Fortunato's role, which gives them 3.X strong lines?

    2) maybe they can gel again offensively with Odeen being Odeen and one of the younger Defensemen really stepping it up in practice reps.

    3) maybe the realization of the 'losses by DQ', which in my opinion do not happen without that impact. In fact, I think IF they won that first game and had not lapsed into some college "we won" funk in last 00:25 they would have played a 3rd game with Chase Priske and may have won - - - BUT, that would have left them without that soul searching time that takes place when you are sitting out, practicing for an unknown opponent, speculating - - when everyone else is playing because they are winning! Could this be a cathartic period for a team?

    4) I do not think this team can be right enough to win the Frozen Four, but I think they can get right enough, to make it to the Frozen Four. One and Done is very different and if they can find their edge it can be big finish...I think they can handle the projected Providence grouping. Not sure how the rest goes from there.

    My curiosity is seeing how the kids rise or not to the occasion...they sunk rapidly like lost children at a Walmart on a holiday weekend. The experience of that has to run through their heads since, question is can they slow the game down enough to grow in to the person that does not get shaken out of their game?

    That is where leaders, coaching comes in. I do not know Rand at all. Is he the kind of coach who talks one on one with these young kids? Is Chase Priskie any more effective at inspiring these team mates than he was not, last year!?

    Some team is going to come from nowhere and win this whole thing. Quinnipiac at full strength could be one of these teams, but to me, "full strength" has a healthy Brandon Fortunato unit where the passing, timing, spacing was very good and fun to watch.

    Enjoy the weekend games and look forward to QU-Al's Sunday summary and prognosis once brackets are announced.

  17. #577
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    96

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
    What is the thinking that the Brown-Sweep yields some big benefits?

    1) maybe they now know, not think they know, the way to back fill Brandon Fortunato's role, which gives them 3.X strong lines?

    2) maybe they can gel again offensively with Odeen being Odeen and one of the younger Defensemen really stepping it up in practice reps.

    3) maybe the realization of the 'losses by DQ', which in my opinion do not happen without that impact. In fact, I think IF they won that first game and had not lapsed into some college "we won" funk in last 00:25 they would have played a 3rd game with Chase Priske and may have won - - - BUT, that would have left them without that soul searching time that takes place when you are sitting out, practicing for an unknown opponent, speculating - - when everyone else is playing because they are winning! Could this be a cathartic period for a team?

    4) I do not think this team can be right enough to win the Frozen Four, but I think they can get right enough, to make it to the Frozen Four. One and Done is very different and if they can find their edge it can be big finish...I think they can handle the projected Providence grouping. Not sure how the rest goes from there.

    My curiosity is seeing how the kids rise or not to the occasion...they sunk rapidly like lost children at a Walmart on a holiday weekend. The experience of that has to run through their heads since, question is can they slow the game down enough to grow in to the person that does not get shaken out of their game?

    That is where leaders, coaching comes in. I do not know Rand at all. Is he the kind of coach who talks one on one with these young kids? Is Chase Priskie any more effective at inspiring these team mates than he was not, last year!?

    Some team is going to come from nowhere and win this whole thing. Quinnipiac at full strength could be one of these teams, but to me, "full strength" has a healthy Brandon Fortunato unit where the passing, timing, spacing was very good and fun to watch.

    Enjoy the weekend games and look forward to QU-Al's Sunday summary and prognosis once brackets are announced.
    I agree and hope your right. I think there has probably been a lot of soul searching this last week. This team also seems to be better on the road than at home this year and I hope that continues into the NCAA. It will be an interesting weekend next week.

  18. #578
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,646

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Quinnipiac will finish between 5th and 7th in the pairwise. It all depends on Clarkson and Northeastern. If both win their conference titles, QU is 7th. If only one wins then QU is 6th. If both lose then QU is 5th.
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog/stat...91480164827137
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  19. #579
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,442

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Does that mean I need to root for Cornell and BC tonight?
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  20. #580
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Does that mean I need to root for Cornell and BC tonight?
    What will that mean in terms of where they play at 5th, 6th or 7th?

    5th: Providence v Az St?

    Thanks QU-AL!! Be an interesting weekend.....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •