Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 628

Thread: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

  1. #221
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,646

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Shortridge shines as Quinnipiac knocks off #1 UMass 4-0

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...ac-knocks.html
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  2. #222
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Unbelievable game atmosphere....definitely worth the 13 hour drive!

  3. #223
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Idrive13hr4QU View Post
    Unbelievable game atmosphere....definitely worth the 13 hour drive!
    These guys are always worth the trip!

  4. #224
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    rome,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,492

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Congrats, great win, things are good again in Hamden !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  5. #225
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,464

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank81 View Post
    Those Frosh can stickhandle in a phone booth.
    Quote of the year right there!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  6. #226
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    96

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Great game last night the guys have really gotten into the grove. We are heading up to UMass tonight hoping to see a lot of blue and gold in the stands and another great game.

  7. #227
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    638

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Congrats on the big W!

  8. #228

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,726

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Great game last night the guys have really gotten into the grove. We are heading up to UMass tonight hoping to see a lot of blue and gold in the stands and another great game.
    According to the UMass site the doors open at 6:00 pm for the 7:30 pm puck drop. They're expecting a big crowd. NESN-Plus also has the game.

  9. #229
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    According to the UMass site the doors open at 6:00 pm for the 7:30 pm puck drop. They're expecting a big crowd. NESN-Plus also has the game.
    Big game for KP, tremendous pressure....to thrive over a long season, then into grueling post season and on to Frozen 4 2 very good goal keeps are key along with the 3+ lines of depth which they have....this is the best 8th place team a lot of teams that have not played Q yet are going to see . . . stay healthy, use that depth and great goal keeping is as good a recipe as you can ask for. Good luck tonight !!

  10. #230
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    173

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by Idrive13hr4QU View Post
    Unbelievable game atmosphere....definitely worth the 13 hour drive!

    Geez...I thought our 2 1/2 hour trip from Long Island bad.

    Great atmosphere last night. One of the funnest games I have attended since becoming a QU fan.

  11. #231
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,464

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    I'll take the split against #1 but that was a game we could have won. Even though we were outplayed most of the night, we hung in there. UMass capitalized on our mistakes and made us pay.

    Hard to go into the break on a loss, but 14-3 is far better than anyone expected. I like our chances in the 2nd half as long as we keep playing the way we have.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  12. #232
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    I'll take the split against #1 but that was a game we could have won. Even though we were outplayed most of the night, we hung in there. UMass capitalized on our mistakes and made us pay.

    Hard to go into the break on a loss, but 14-3 is far better than anyone expected. I like our chances in the 2nd half as long as we keep playing the way we have.
    Donít know that a loss is ever good, but with that many freshmen on the Squad, a sweep of No. 1 before a 3 week break might have caused a few swollen heads. This might make them work a little harder during break for the stretch run. Iím sure if someone told Rand heíd get to break with a 14-3 record, 6 shutouts and near the top of the ECAC, he would have said sign me up for that. Hopefully the bruises heal and Jermain returns after break.

  13. #233
    College Hockey Advocate
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    3,902

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Great game last night. Your boys are legit. Iím sure thatís not the last time weíll see you before next season...

  14. #234
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,464

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by QUFan View Post
    This might make them work a little harder during break for the stretch run.
    They should be doing that anyway...

    I'll admit that last night stung a little bit personally. Not sure why, just did. This morning I look and see we're at 5 in the Pairwise. That's a great place to be midway through the season. Nothing at all to be ashamed of going forward.

    The team has made this season fun so far and I'm sure they will continue to impress down the stretch.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  15. #235
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,646

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Quinnipiac ends first half with 3-1 loss to #1 UMass

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...-with-3-1.html
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  16. #236
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    22

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by QUFan View Post
    Donít know that a loss is ever good, but with that many freshmen on the Squad, a sweep of No. 1 before a 3 week break might have caused a few swollen heads. This might make them work a little harder during break for the stretch run. Iím sure if someone told Rand heíd get to break with a 14-3 record, 6 shutouts and near the top of the ECAC, he would have said sign me up for that. Hopefully the bruises heal and Jermain returns after break.
    I don't believe a tough loss in December is a bad thing when you have 14 wins to counter. Almost say necessary. Good thing is they never gave up, no laying down...just battled to the end. As stated before, UMass is legit, and Carvel is a top tier coach. Not only will this start push the kiddos forward, its opened a lot of recruiting eyes around the jr leagues as well. Second half is important on several levels. Fun stuff!! Also, glad to be a newbie to the QU crowd, and plan on being here for some time....

  17. #237
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by QUFan View Post
    Donít know that a loss is ever good, but with that many freshmen on the Squad, a sweep of No. 1 before a 3 week break might have caused a few swollen heads. This might make them work a little harder during break for the stretch run. Iím sure if someone told Rand heíd get to break with a 14-3 record, 6 shutouts and near the top of the ECAC, he would have said sign me up for that. Hopefully the bruises heal and Jermain returns after break.
    I do not recall seeing Nick Jermain as a Matthew Peca or Sammy Anas, but they could use some heat in their offense. Any thoughts on what we could expect if Nick returns?

  18. #238
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,464

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
    I do not recall seeing Nick Jermain as a Matthew Peca or Sammy Anas, but they could use some heat in their offense. Any thoughts on what we could expect if Nick returns?
    Nick brings a little more offensive prowess to the 3rd/4th line. Joe O'Connor is more of a true grinder even though he has a couple of goals. A healthy Jermain gives Rand a few more options to increase line depth. Of course there seems to be enough depth in the freshman class to do the job as well. Prior to getting hurt I thought Nick might be on the verge of making some big contributions to this team.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  19. #239
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Nick brings a little more offensive prowess to the 3rd/4th line. Joe O'Connor is more of a true grinder even though he has a couple of goals. A healthy Jermain gives Rand a few more options to increase line depth. Of course there seems to be enough depth in the freshman class to do the job as well. Prior to getting hurt I thought Nick might be on the verge of making some big contributions to this team.
    Nick isnít a Peca or Anas, but a good puck handler and forecheck on the PK. Metsa, OC and Shiplo are DMen. But due to so many freshman, they are getting time as forwards. Nick, in my opinion adds depth, and leadership and probably a few goals. Plus, Iíd just like to see that heís OK.

  20. #240
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by QUFan View Post
    Nick isnít a Peca or Anas, but a good puck handler and forecheck on the PK. Metsa, OC and Shiplo are DMen. But due to so many freshman, they are getting time as forwards. Nick, in my opinion adds depth, and leadership and probably a few goals. Plus, Iíd just like to see that heís OK.
    Shiplo hasn't played forward at all this season. Hes been a staple on the blue line this year.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •