Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Way too conservative offensively tonight. Understandable considering the D situation but a little too much. I thought we were good defensively for the most part. Nothing to do but regroup and bring it tomorrow.

I'm implementing the MarkEagleUSA rule for tomorrow... the Bobcats are not allowed to lose on my birthday. Please, boys, give me a decent present!
    Happy Birthday!

Comment

Thought's and observations from Quinnipiac's 2-1 overtime loss to Brown

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...s-from_16.html
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        Way too conservative offensively tonight. Understandable considering the D situation but a little too much. I thought we were good defensively for the most part. Nothing to do but regroup and bring it tomorrow.

I'm implementing the MarkEagleUSA rule for tomorrow... the Bobcats are not allowed to lose on my birthday. Please, boys, give me a decent present!
        I agree need more offense I thought several of the D had very good games.
        Not sure if during playoffs breakaway “maul” was a penalty. Like it if Refs allow teams to play and swallow whistles during March.
        Q will get back on track tonight. Shorty on top of his game.
        Happy Birthday!

Comment

some system.....no one stepped up. this young team sunk to the challenge and did not pass well at all, the rotations being so off caused a clumsy defense. I was disappointed from the ESPN feed to the crowd size to the lack of offense, shots, power play . . reminded me of the team last year, just a lot of activity leading nowhere...guys all over the ice with no results, not even a shot on goal. i see no change in result tonight either. Luke is not the change they seek and this goes down in the mud and the only happy face in new haven area is LTsatch who called it as it was. hope i am wrong and hope mark has that happy birthday because he and Z are true fans and after the season we saw, maybe this loss is the catalyst to smoke and fire. I would elevate Nick Jermaine tonight...that kid has shown me so much improvement and fire since getting his health back....the kiddie corp is not going to get us there...

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
            some system.....no one stepped up. this young team sunk to the challenge and did not pass well at all, the rotations being so off caused a clumsy defense. I was disappointed from the ESPN feed to the crowd size to the lack of offense, shots, power play . . reminded me of the team last year, just a lot of activity leading nowhere...guys all over the ice with no results, not even a shot on goal. i see no change in result tonight either. Luke is not the change they seek and this goes down in the mud and the only happy face in new haven area is LTsatch who called it as it was. hope i am wrong and hope mark has that happy birthday because he and Z are true fans and after the season we saw, maybe this loss is the catalyst to smoke and fire. I would elevate Nick Jermaine tonight...that kid has shown me so much improvement and fire since getting his health back....the kiddie corp is not going to get us there...
            IMO, if there is such a thing, this was a good loss. Half that team (ie kiddie corp) has never been in an NCAA playoff game.Now they have, and since not 1 and done can rebound tonight. Only gives them more experience and knowledge for the NCAA's. Chase, Ship and Fortunato being out....they are not replaceable. A little crazy to think they are. Yet you dance with the gal who is available. I'll give Friedman kuddos all day! Kid has never played d, steps back there in a top roll in a huge game? Well done. We all knew from previous experience Brown is not an easy out, and they proved it. Again, not a bad thing, just toughens the skin. Look forward to tonight. You don't win 25 in regular season by chance.

Comment

Originally posted by IronRange View Post
              IMO, if there is such a thing, this was a good loss.
              Excellent point about the experience.

I don't think they played "bad" last night... I think the game plan was a little on the conservative side to make up for the D. I say be more aggressive and let Shorty bail them out.

Friedman looked comfortable at D. He did his job and did it well. The guy who seemed to have a rough night was Whelan, and I think it was from trying too hard.

After watching some of the replay, the tying goal looks like it was tipped by Cukste just before it got to Shorty. And another fluky rebound on the game winner. Neither fully Shortridge's fault.

I do think we'll see a better effort tonight. Shiplo isn't a savior, but he does bring experience and offensive prowess to the ice.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post

I don't think they played "bad" last night... I think the game plan was a little on the conservative side to make up for the D. I say be more aggressive and let Shorty bail them out.

Friedman looked comfortable at D. He did his job and did it well. The guy who seemed to have a rough night was Whelan, and I think it was from trying too hard.

After watching some of the replay, the tying goal looks like it was tipped by Cukste just before it got to Shorty. And another fluky rebound on the game winner. Neither fully Shortridge's fault.

I do think we'll see a better effort tonight. Shiplo isn't a savior, but he does bring experience and offensive prowess to the ice.
                I agree completely. The D did their job not as efficiently as if we had the seniors but not bad. Where we lacked was offence. The passing was off and there was no snap to their passes it that looked like the puck was just creeping across the ice waiting to get picked off by Brown and they did quite often. The power play was a mess they seemed to completely changed the way they run it. I know they did not have Priskie back on the point but it seemed they were avoiding passing back to the point and were jamming the puck to the front of the net. Not a bad idea but it was not working.

IMHO to make up for not having their 3 senior D men they completely changed up their game and as Rand would say they were not playing to their identity. This messed with the cohesiveness of the offence. Shiplo is not a savior but I hope with him back the rest of the team will get it together and not feel they need to cover for the D and play the game as they played the rest of the year.

Comment

I used to work with a coach who was always fearful of getting a bye because the first game of the postseason is always the hardest, which means Brown had a huge mental advantage last night. I know Rand doesn't necessarily believe in that, but I put at least some stock into it. Also our situation is so different from Brown's -- they're playing for their season, we're not. QU will be in the NCAA Tournament, so all we're playing for is whether we can get a 1-seed in a couple weeks. The level of desperation is not the same, and QU better ramp it up tonight. A national title is always the goal, but an ECAC Tournament crown is the goal a team in our conference can realistically set. Don't throw it away tonight. This is important, even if it doesn't end our season.

Comment

Everyone has solid points. No doubt the o was very conscious of the d zone coverage. Add in Rand runs an overload in the d zone, puts pressure on everyone. A week off, and class off as well...lots of sitting on your *** time. Could be wrong, yet I expect a different result tonight, possibly a **** kicking by qu. Setting up a battle on Sun.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronRange View Post
                      Everyone has solid points. No doubt the o was very conscious of the d zone coverage. Add in Rand runs an overload in the d zone, puts pressure on everyone. A week off, and class off as well...lots of sitting on your *** time. Could be wrong, yet I expect a different result tonight, possibly a **** kicking by qu. Setting up a battle on Sun.
                      I agree. I also hope Shorty has some left in the tank after last night, I think he will!. 35+ saves last night and a few of the highlight reel variety, and only giving up 1 should have been good enough for a win. Missing Shiplo and Priske probably meant more ice time for others which caused fatigue as well. I honestly don’t recall seeing Chorney getting any TOI at all. Maybe I missed him.

Comment

"Just do not see the "O" happening without the "D". Kids are alright but not without on ice leadership. Cannot count on any on-ice leadership from our Hobey UnBaker award winner. If the team is emotionally driven to save Chase's butt from his absence being some cause for rupturing the Bobcats chance to go to the Frozen 4, this could be a win....maybe second time around for the revised lines does the trick, or doing something very different like putting Nick Jermaine on first line OR even trying him on Defense. At least he knows what to do with the puck under pressure and he will contribute on offense with Odeen perhaps...we can see he competes! Luke back gives them another option, and some good puck digging, too. None of us want this season to end and we don't want to endure long off season taunting LTsatch…but he holds serve if that Yale game proves to be the turning point, the spoiler. A win tonight, with Chase playing a redemption role tomorrow night could change history and Brown should be fearless tonight with a mission also. I m optimistic that last night was a scrimmage and tonight we see the result of a team coming together for a bigger mission."

Comment

None of us want this season to end and we don't want to endure long off season taunting LTsatch…but he holds serve if that Yale game proves to be the turning point, the spoiler.
                          Unlike Yale, a loss tonight (or tomorrow) does NOT end our season. Yes, moving on to Lake Placid for a chance at the Whitelaw is obviously one of the goals, but there is bigger hardware to vie for.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

None of us want this season to end and we don't want to endure long off season taunting LTsatch…but he holds serve if that Yale game proves to be the turning point, the spoiler."
                            Really? Enjoy your season instead of worrying about me. The way things have been for Yale, I most likely will be switching to fishing on Monday.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              Really? Enjoy your season instead of worrying about me. The way things have been for Yale, I most likely will be switching to fishing on Monday.
                              LT, we are all very good fans of college hockey. I think the tickets to these games are the best sports event in the universe! My love for Yale goes back to the Oxford Ale House days in the 70s, Mamouns and Yale Bowl football and Nighthawks....simpler times. I want Mark to have a happy birthday and Z to have as good a weekend as the Yankees had. I hope to be up at Rand's camp this summer! Do some fishing off the Thimble Islands....come on over to the dark side - -

Comment

LT, we are all very good fans of college hockey. I think the tickets to these games are the best sports event in the universe! My love for Yale goes back to the Oxford Ale House days in the 70s, Mamouns and Yale Bowl football and Nighthawks....simpler times. I want Mark to have a happy birthday and Z to have as good a weekend as the Yankees had. I hope to be up at Rand's camp this summer! Do some fishing off the Thimble Islands....come on over to the dark side - -
                                Half of the West Haven football team from my class of 77 were bouncers at Oxford, I also spent waaayy too many nights in Section 14. Speaking of a travesty, they are tearing up the grass at Yale Bowl and beginning the installation of the artificial turf this past week.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X