Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    Must be the ECAC thinks the same as no suspension has been made as of now, Tues am. I think they're having a hard time deciding what it will be.
    i was curious about the timing and found that their press releases typically follow the format 'league issues suspension - ecac hockey' - most are issued 1-4 days after the game in question, so i wouldnt say priskie is out of the woods yet until later tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by IsThereADog View Post
    i was curious about the timing and found that their press releases typically follow the format 'league issues suspension - ecac hockey' - most are issued 1-4 days after the game in question, so i wouldnt say priskie is out of the woods yet until later tomorrow.
    Chip Malafronte wrote this dated 3/4:

Sources told Hearst Media Connecticut the ECAC is currently reviewing the play, with a ruling expected later this week.
    https://www.nhregister.com/sports/ar...d-13662588.php
    Last edited by MarkEagleUSA; 03-05-2019 at 01:17 PM.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Chip Malafronte wrote this dated 3/4:

https://www.nhregister.com/sports/ar...d-13662588.php
    Since Shiplo and Walsh also got DQs, and Yale plays this weekend, I’d think the ECAC rulings would come soon. I know they were for fighting but league might/should consider the run Walsh took at shorty as well. IMHO

At most, I can see an extra game added on - not that I agree with that! I think the DQ is suffice.
    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a river and have been skating ever since!

Quote Originally Posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    At most, I can see an extra game added on - not that I agree with that! I think the DQ is suffice.
    Some disagreement with that assessment around the world of college hockey..

A good point made. " Whether or not Priskie's kick injured Welsh doesn't change that Priskie kicked him. Basing punishment on outcomes excuses dangerous plays that don't result in injury when they're just as harmful to the game and could've just as easily injured a player. The degree to which others have tried to excuse the kick or minimize the action demonstrates the biggest problem with supplemental discipline at every advanced level of hockey. Punishing the injury outcome instead of the action lets plyers avoid punishment for blatantly dangerous plays."

Check the article out on CHN if you haven't already read it.
    Last edited by CLKHockey; 03-06-2019 at 11:28 AM.

From the video I've seen I personally think people are overreacting. He didn't stomp on a guy with a skate blade. Yes, there is a kicking motion which of course is dangerous because of the fact a blade is involved. But the actual amount of contact made in this case really isn't all that much. Just as an example, the hit the ASU kid put on the Gopher...to me that hit was much, much worse than this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    From the video I've seen I personally think people are overreacting. He didn't stomp on a guy with a skate blade. Yes, there is a kicking motion which of course is dangerous because of the fact a blade is involved. But the actual amount of contact made in this case really isn't all that much. Just as an example, the hit the ASU kid put on the Gopher...to me that hit was much, much worse than this incident.
    I totally agree with you. I think the DQ and a one game suspension that comes with it should be enough but if its two I won't cry about it.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    The hit is at least a hockey move.. kicking someone who is on the ground while wearing a skate is not a hockey move. The hit was very hard and high but those things happen. (I am not saying the kid accidentally hit him high, he may have done it on purpose, his intentions will never be known)..but you don't accidentally kick someone with your skate. The intention was there. He made a deliberate choice to do that, and I'm sure he regrets it.

However, I don't think any further punishment will be levied, it would have been done by now I think.

one extra (2 total) according to CHN

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ss-2-Games.php

Two games is what I thought he would and it is what he did get. Anything more would have been excessive in my mind.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Quote Originally Posted by CLKHockey View Post
    Some disagreement with that assessment around the world of college hockey.
    Thanks for the recommended read. Also, I don't base my observations around the world of college hockey. It's what I figured would happen based on the pressure being put on the league by some of their own coaches and executives.
    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a river and have been skating ever since!

apparently it is a new ecac policy not to issue press releases for a suspension. this is a really stupid idea and id encourage you all to reach out to them with your feedback. chn has a pretty good write up below for why this is so dumb.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...C-Blunders.php

Two games seems fair based on what I saw in the video. It is what it is and now the team needs to regroup and figure out how to fill the hole for 2 games.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2019 Midwest Regional

Just read the release on the USCHO front page. Chase has accepted his punishment like the gentleman that he is. I especially liked when he said "I reached out to Tyler" (Welsh)... that shows his class.

Hopefully this incident does not define nor tarnish his otherwise spectacular career at Quinnipiac.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2019 Midwest Regional

Quote Originally Posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    Thanks for the recommended read. Also, I don't base my observations around the world of college hockey. It's what I figured would happen based on the pressure being put on the league by some of their own coaches and executives.
    As you shouldn't.. I just found it interesting that some people thought the whole thing should be brushed off, while others wanted the kids season to end, and everywhere in between. I found everything to be handled appropriately.. And good luck to Priskie going forward and the Bobcats in the QF's, and just maybe they can meet up with those Golden Knights two saturdays from now.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Just read the release on the USCHO front page. Chase has accepted his punishment like the gentleman that he is. I especially liked when he said "I reached out to Tyler" (Welsh)... that shows his class.

Hopefully this incident does not define nor tarnish his otherwise spectacular career at Quinnipiac.
    2 games appropriate. Good article in CHN. Chase a character player unfortunately caught up in emotion of moment. I am confident he will learn and grow from this incident. The fact that CHN spoke to his remorse and reach out to Tyler by phone.
    This is not a game for the “faint of heart” Bobby Orr quote from recent book.
    Go Q

Good on Chase for reaching out. The extra game is appropriate. Hopefully see you guys and Yale in Lake Placid.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

GO BOBCATS!!

I think Chase is lucky to only get parked for one extra game. Kicking a player has no place in the sport and is not in any way a hockey play. The suspension could have, and probably should have, been much worse.

The ECAC not announcing suspensions is absurd, BTW. Glad there were reporters on the case, and pleasantly surprised that QU addressed it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    I think Chase is lucky to only get parked for one extra game. Kicking a player has no place in the sport and is not in any way a hockey play. The suspension could have, and probably should have, been much worse.

The ECAC not announcing suspensions is absurd, BTW. Glad there were reporters on the case, and pleasantly surprised that QU addressed it themselves.
    In the quarter-finals, next weekend, Princeton or Brown play best of 3 at Quinnipiac, yes?

Chase is out 2 of these games, yes?

Also, Luke Shiplo out for 1 game, yes and is Karlis out also for 1 game?

I also am curious if Yale players are sitting out, also. Walsh for sure.....in any case, this could be a very instructive season for many and I have to say playing Brown or Princeton at full strength is nothing to take lightly at all. Princeton playing much better of recent.

Priske gone for 2.
    Shiplo gone for 1.
    Cukste plays.

I can't remember if they re-seed after the 1st round. We should get the lowest remaining seed. With no upsets, we get Brown.
    Last edited by MarkEagleUSA; 03-08-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2019 Midwest Regional

Thread Information