BGSU Falcons 2018-19 - The length of Lake Erie from Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BGSU Falcons 2018-19 - The length of Lake Erie from Buffalo

We unfortunately appear to be regressing to our historical mean.

Comment

Sweep of the Chargers. Dop gets the shutout tonight though the final score was 2-1. Scoring on yourself with the extra attacker on a delayed penalty will do that to you. First time I've seen that. Now on to Ferris who always plays us tough. They're on a 6-game losing streak having been swept by Tech and Mankato. We need to keep pace.

Comment

BG played a solid game and get a 4-1 win over Minnesota State. They are an excellent team and I always look forward for the games against Minnesota St. Let's get the sweep. Go BG!!!

Comment

Bergeron's Keys to the Game lecture prior to opening faceoff:

1) Maximize offensive zone time. Check.
          2) No turnovers in the neutral zone. Pretty good.
          3) Stay out of the box. Ummmm...

"I sat down with BOTH of the Craggs brothers this week and told them no dumb penalties." Which they did. I thought Lukas' interference call was a bit ticky-tacky but with his reputation he's not going to get a break from the stripes. Aside from that, he and Sam did as they were told. Surprising that Mankato took as many penalties as they did, up until last night they have been a very disciplined team with respect to penalties. Not having Hastings behind the bench to keep a lid on things must not have helped any.

That was the best 60 min we've played since Columbus. Frustrating that we don't bring that level of game every night. This team is really good when they want to be good. Tonight is going to be tough, sweeping #3 is a very all order.

Comment

That interference call on Craggs should have been the other way around. He was skating to the puck when their player moved in front of him. While not exceptionally large, Craggs has a reputation of skating through obstacles as opposed to around them and thus, the ref's call. Oddly, the penalties were even at the end of the game. Can't have MSU taking more penalties than BG. That would be impossible...

Comment

Thank-you!

Comment

This hockey weekend was the most enjoyable one in a long time. BG played a complete game both nights. Solid offense, strong defense, good special team play, and excellent goaltending. It is a great weekend to be a Falcon!!!!!!

Comment

With regard to Bergeron's pregame statement about meeting with the Craggs's, I wanted to ask how they replied, but I was too chicken. The games were excellent.

Every fan's lament: Why isn't my team more consistent? Why does my team seem to play at the level of the opponent? (Shut out by Anchorage?)
                  Go Falcons!

Comment

Hi Falcon fans! I’ll be making the trip to the games in February. Any advice on things to see/do from the locals perspective? Prefer to ask than just google and end up missing out on something. We are technically flying in to Minnesota to see some family and then driving to Bowling Green.

Comment

Things to do in BG in February. Hmmm. Standard fare that time of year is pizza and beer.

If you want to drive north on 75 you will find the city of Toledo. There you will find The Toledo Museum of Art as well as The Toledo Zoo, both of which are considered world class venues. Also, if you want to watch some minor league hockey, The Huntington Center, also in Toledo, is the home of The Toledo Walleye (I haven't looked at their schedule so I don't know if they're home that weekend or not.).

If nature is your thing, there are several very nice parks that are part of the Wood County Park District (BG is the county seat of Wood County). Here is a link: http://www.wcparks.org/

Comment

If you're in Toledo, stop by Tony Packo's (made famous by Jamie Farr/Cpl. Klinger from M*A*S*H). Check out the signed hot dog buns. The original location is the one on Front St. Don't let the questionable nature of the neighborhood scare you off. We always hit the downtown location when BG plays at the Huntington Center. https://www.tonypacko.com/locations.php After the games we seem to end up at The Blarney more times than not. https://www.theblarneyirishpub.com/ Whatever you do, don't get too close to the university up there, it's a real scheiss hole. It's the equivalent of UAA to a UA fan (and vice versa).

In BG we kick off each game night with dinner and drinks at Reverand's (Rev's) but the place is small so get there a little early. They have a good craft beer selection. https://www.reverendsbarandgrill.com/ Also check out Campus Polleyes for breadsticks. https://campuspollyeyes.com/

For a real college dive bar head to the Brathaus. It hasn't changed since I was there in the 80's and I often times see a hockey alum or two in there. Also check out Howards, they have live bands https://www.howardsbg.com/ All these places are within a block or two of each other.
                        Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 01-16-2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                          Hi Falcon fans! I’ll be making the trip to the games in February. Any advice on things to see/do from the locals perspective? Prefer to ask than just google and end up missing out on something. We are technically flying in to Minnesota to see some family and then driving to Bowling Green.
                          Stones Throw is an Irish Pub with really good food. Sam B’s is a terrific spot for dinner. Reverend’s is also pretty good. And Fricker’s is an Ohio mainstay. If you’re looking for the HooDoo or Silver Gulch of BG, the Bowling Green Beer Works won’t disappoint. For breakfast, there’s no Sam’s Sourdough, but the Waffle House is a touch of iconic Americana and there’s a Tim Hortons close by as well, both within a 5 minute walk of the team hotel (assuming they stay at Hampton Inn).

Had a great time at both UAF & BG this year. Hope you do too. Safe travels!
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            Stones Throw is an Irish Pub with really good food. Sam B’s is a terrific spot for dinner. Reverend’s is also pretty good. And Fricker’s is an Ohio mainstay. If you’re looking for the HooDoo or Silver Gulch of BG, the Bowling Green Beer Works won’t disappoint. For breakfast, there’s no Sam’s Sourdough, but the Waffle House is a touch of iconic Americana and there’s a Tim Hortons close by as well, both within a 5 minute walk of the team hotel (assuming they stay at Hampton Inn).

Had a great time at both UAF & BG this year. Hope you do too. Safe travels!
                            Apparently you missed Kermits while you were here. A consummate, local "greasy spoon" diner on South Mains St. with a very tasty breakfast.

Comment

Working...
                            X