Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
    Hmm...I responded to a statement from yesterday assuming this was about this coming series. Sorry about the mistake. Unfortunately, it won't me my last. :-)
    Definitely wouldnt be surprised with nor upset at a split. Bemidji style of play can give teams fits so it'll be interesting to see how MSU responds to that. MSU 1/2 way through this rough 1st half. Got to keep it going.
    All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
      I think the reference was to the Ferris games of last weekend. If you want to make the NCAA tournament, you have to win your home games against the lower third of the Pairwise.

As far as Bemidji up there - Yes, I agree with what you said.
      Correct.

If the Mavs can sweep their home series and split their road series, they’ll be positioned well for an at large bid as well as a MacNaughton Cup. (Ideally you were some road series to make up for a few toe stubs at home, but you get the idea)
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Good start! Bemidji is never easy to beat. I especially like the fact that even though they gave up a 2 goal lead they kept at it. Good win!
        All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Comment

• Didnt watch the 2nd game but the box score seemed to say we didnt play well saturday, that or credit BSU. At one point i think we were being outshot 33 to 17 which is not something that happens often.
          Another big series this weekend at LSSU

Comment

• Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
            Didnt watch the 2nd game but the box score seemed to say we didnt play well saturday, that or credit BSU. At one point i think we were being outshot 33 to 17 which is not something that happens often.
            BSU got a couple of quick goals early, and you know how tough they are to play against when they have a lead.
            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
              Didnt watch the 2nd game but the box score seemed to say we didnt play well saturday, that or credit BSU. At one point i think we were being outshot 33 to 17 which is not something that happens often.
              Yes, we were clearly outplayed, but it's one game on the road against a tough team, so I'm not in panic mode (yet). In fact, it almost certainly won't be our worst loss of the year.

That said, the goalie situation is again apparently up for grabs. Competition is generally good, but I think it helps everyone -including the goalies themselves- when the situation is somewhat settled, and a goalie doesn't go looking over to the bench every time he allows a goal.

Well, on to Lake State and another challenging road series. Go Mavs!

Comment

• I was in the bookstore today and asked about the yellow/purple of jerseys and was told that the University has gone to strictly auctions for all current jerseys. They cant get these jerseys in til MSU switches and he said that he doubted they would carry jerseys anymore just because the game wasnt worth playing. Has anyone heard this? Is it true? If it is it seems really dumb to me. I get it raises $$ but i doubt it raises that much more then just selling them

Comment

That's nuts. I'm not going to pay huge money for a game-worn jersey, but I'd absolutely buy one of the new ones. I don't blame the bookstore if they stop carrying jerseys entirely if this is going to be the story. Nobody wants to buy last year's jersey. I have several outdated jerseys.

I'm in love with the new road jersey, but I guess I'll never get one.
                  My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• I emailed the university and got a response back. The purple ones are for sale through UNRL. Actually right now they are only $72 and two new hoodies that look great too.

Comment

What's UNRL? *EDIT* Never mind, I found it. It says pre-order $79. Still not too bad.

Comment

looks like the FLO feed is out. Tech/Bem is working

Comment

Game on with 10:54 to play in the second

Comment

Nice win, boys! Lineup changes were interesting but hard to argue with. As much as I like Lutz, and I think he’ll still play a big role for us, he’s been invisible for most of the year, with a few PP exceptions. Goaltending situation remains up for grabs, but it was nice to see McKay answer the bell. I think we all knew the goal was going to be a bit of a question mark, but so far, so good.

Now let’s try to have a Saturday that’s as good as our Fridays have been!

Comment

• Good weekend. Nice sweep on the road. Two games were cant overlook before going to BG.

Comment

Congratulations on the sweep.
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X