Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Heard he will play after the first semester ends. Getting his academics in order
    Good luck with that.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Good luck with that.
      From what I was told, it’s not due to poor grades, just a lack of core classes to meet admission standards for MSU — similar situation as Matt Leitner, but Leitner had to sit a whole year.

I hope you’re not wishing ill will on a kid because he flipped from your program.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Starting to get my Arizona trip lined up. Anyone know where the MSU people will be sitting? I saw a ticket map on Ticketmaster, and it only showed half the arena being used. Any idea which end we'll be at?

Comment

Starting to get my Arizona trip lined up. Anyone know where the MSU people will be sitting? I saw a ticket map on Ticketmaster, and it only showed half the arena being used. Any idea which end we'll be at?
          I haven’t heard yet, but was planning to get my tickets through the MSU Athletics office — they should have a block available for sale.
          AF 99

Comment

[QUOTE=MavHockey14;6723421]I haven’t heard yet, but was planning to get my tickets through the MSU Athletics office — they should have a block available for sale.[/QUOTE

That’s who we had to go through as well. Do you know how recruiting is going? Seems a lot of kids in state are going elsewhere. Maybe one day we can get another Backes or Leitner. Our team is very fast n skilled but just curious on recruiting.

Comment

[QUOTE=MAVS21;6723434]
              Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              I haven’t heard yet, but was planning to get my tickets through the MSU Athletics office — they should have a block available for sale.[/QUOTE

That’s who we had to go through as well. Do you know how recruiting is going? Seems a lot of kids in state are going elsewhere. Maybe one day we can get another Backes or Leitner. Our team is very fast n skilled but just curious on recruiting.
              Hastings and staff do an excellent job getting the kids from MN they believe will develop at the USHL (or junior level) and succeed when they step foot on campus — look at Jake Jaremko, for example — Mr. Hockey, went to juniors for two years, had a huge impact immediately.

The Mavs will never get all the top recruits in MN, and rarely will get more than one or two here or there — I wouldn’t want any change to how Hastings and his staff are currently attacking recruiting, though. The Mavs have built a solid roster that’s reloaded and doesn’t require rebuilding, and that’s a huge testemant to recruiting.
              AF 99

Comment

As for this weekend’s series, this is a series the Mavs need to sweep.
                AF 99

Comment

[QUOTE=MavHockey14;6724682]
                  Originally posted by MAVS21 View Post
                  Hastings and staff do an excellent job getting the kids from MN they believe will develop at the USHL (or junior level) and succeed when they step foot on campus — look at Jake Jaremko, for example — Mr. Hockey, went to juniors for two years, had a huge impact immediately.

The Mavs will never get all the top recruits in MN, and rarely will get more than one or two here or there — I wouldn’t want any change to how Hastings and his staff are currently attacking recruiting, though. The Mavs have built a solid roster that’s reloaded and doesn’t require rebuilding, and that’s a huge testemant to recruiting.
                  And with Hasting's recruits, we rarely have anyone leave early. That makes it easier to reload, and probably never have to rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    As for this weekend’s series, this is a series the Mavs need to sweep.
                    Agree. These are the games that we have to win.
                    All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                      Well, another nice sweep. This BSU series should be interesting..
                      AF 99

Comment

• Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

I remember a NoDak fan posting on here about Spooner, and having coached him when he was younger. I forget who the poster was, but thanks for your role in his development!!!

http://www.wcha.com/men/articles/201...f-the-week.php

He really is fun to watch. That third line is playing so well right now. The size, speed, skill and grit combination of Spooner, Rivera, and Napravnik is a handful for opponents, although I think Napravnik's offensive skills may put him on the second line (Or an all-German first line!) before the year's over.

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                          I remember a NoDak fan posting on here about Spooner, and having coached him when he was younger. I forget who the poster was, but thanks for your role in his development!!!

http://www.wcha.com/men/articles/201...f-the-week.php

He really is fun to watch. That third line is playing so well right now. The size, speed, skill and grit combination of Spooner, Rivera, and Napravnik is a handful for opponents, although I think Napravnik's offensive skills may put him on the second line (Or an all-German first line!) before the year's over.
                          That would be me. Not bragging about my daughter at the time but she was a step above him back then. Obviously he has come a long ways since then. Daughter played 4 years at Concordia in Moorhead and they both stay in touch to this day.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                            I disagree. I don't think this is a must sweep. Your 2 BSU home games in March are a must sweep (pending there are other contenders left), but you can split this weekend on the road and still be in the driver's seat to win the league. BSU is #22 pairwise and a present contender so getting 3 of 4 from them is probably still enough. With BG, Lake State, and BSU showing strong early on, you can bet they will beat up on each other as the season continues. And Tech and Northern will beat them some too and maybe even rekindle and get back in contention. Although I am not pulling for you, the Mavs are the class of the WCHA and still in the driver's seat with, IMHO, a respectable split on the road this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
                              I disagree. I don't think this is a must sweep. Your 2 BSU home games in March are a must sweep (pending there are other contenders left), but you can split this weekend on the road and still be in the driver's seat to win the league. BSU is #22 pairwise and a present contender so getting 3 of 4 from them is probably still enough. With BG, Lake State, and BSU showing strong early on, you can bet they will beat up on each other as the season continues. And Tech and Northern will beat them some too and maybe even rekindle and get back in contention. Although I am not pulling for you, the Mavs are the class of the WCHA and still in the driver's seat with, IMHO, a respectable split on the road this weekend.
                              I think the reference was to the Ferris games of last weekend. If you want to make the NCAA tournament, you have to win your home games against the lower third of the Pairwise.

As far as Bemidji up there - Yes, I agree with what you said.

Comment

I think the reference was to the Ferris games of last weekend. If you want to make the NCAA tournament, you have to win your home games against the lower third of the Pairwise.

As far as Bemidji up there - Yes, I agree with what you said.
                                Hmm...I responded to a statement from yesterday assuming this was about this coming series. Sorry about the mistake. Unfortunately, it won't me my last. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X